FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Tragedy, thy name is Cubbie.

Author Topic: Tragedy, thy name is Cubbie.
Rohan
Member # 5141

- posted      Profile for Rohan   Email Rohan         Edit/Delete Post 
So, I am going off to drown myself due to the spectacular collapse of the Cubs tonight. Anyone care to join me? [Cry] [Mad] [Grumble] [Cry] [Mad] [Grumble] [Confused]
Posts: 196 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't drown yourself in a pool of water... drown your sorrows with a glass of coke.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
But you can mix that coke with something a little harder if you want.
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
That's how we do it in Boston. [Wink]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Is that how you're doing it in Boston right now? Stupid Sox lost!
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Absolut.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
And the Marlins stay alive!

WOOHOO!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rohan
Member # 5141

- posted      Profile for Rohan   Email Rohan         Edit/Delete Post 
Ela, you are SOOOOOO lucky I eschew violence. Come on, Kerry WOOD!!!!
Posts: 196 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
The Cubs lost?

Oh man, work's going to be fun tomorrow. Four of my six coworkers are HUGE Cubs fans.

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

GO FISH!!!

[Taunt]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

::baits his hook::
::grabs his pole::
::heads down to the lake::

newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha ha! [Party]

Go Marlins!!! [The Wave]

Holy crap what a win!!! [The Wave]
[Party] [Party] [Party]

Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Does anybody here like the Giants?
*ducks*

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
No!
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Me either, I just like to see their games because San Francisco Pacific Bell Park is the closest ballpark to Sacramento here in California. [Smile]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
isn't Cubbie the littlest Gummi Bear?

[Dont Know]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
You just ruined my life with this news. [Cry] Well, not completely. But I can't believe they lost 2 in a fricking row!!!! [Mad]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esl
Member # 3143

- posted      Profile for esl   Email esl         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the Giants. mostly because I'm from San Francisco. I don't really follow baseball.
Posts: 1056 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zan
Member # 4888

- posted      Profile for Zan   Email Zan         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I thought Cubbie from the Mouseketeers died or something.
Posts: 221 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
The poor fan who screwed up the catch. . . It isn't his fault the Cubs fell apart later, but every lost cause needs a pariah. . .
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El Babalao
Member # 5817

- posted      Profile for El Babalao   Email El Babalao         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It isn't his fault the Cubs fell apart later
True. It's mine.
Posts: 39 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm from St. Louis.

(Go Cardinals, unless we are talking football, then booo cardinals).

Mixed emotions on last night's game.

yea, Cubs lost. Cardinal fans hate Cubbies. Besides, woman in office next to me is a Cub fan. Now I can make fun of her.

On the other hand, my boss has said that if the Cubs play Boston in the series, this rare occurance would demand his traveling to see at least one game.

Go Cubbies! Go Boston! Get my boss out of the office!

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, having the Red Sox and the Cubs in the World Series at the same time is one of the signs of the apocalypse, because the only way God would let either team win a World Series is if the world ended.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

quote:
It isn't his fault the Cubs fell apart later
It was the curse of the billy goat, Scott. [Wink]

**Ela**

El Babalao
Member # 5817

- posted      Profile for El Babalao   Email El Babalao         Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely. Goats are big, and they are mammals.

Verrrry powerful stuff!

[Evil]

Posts: 39 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1744055

quote:
CHICAGO -- This ball is going, going ... Ka-BLAM!

In an event applying the gloss of Hollywood and P.T. Barnum to the "curse" of the Chicago Cubs, the foul ball that couldn't be caught in October's playoffs will be obliterated by a special-effects expert on live television Thursday night.

The ball-bashing, taking place with spring training just underway, is being done to bring some closure to one of the most painful losses in the Cubs' doleful history.

The ball will be sent into oblivion by Michael Lantieri, an Oscar winner who wrecks things for a living and has worked on such movies as "Jurassic Park" and "Back to the Future." Lantieri, a Cubs die-hard himself, would not reveal his exact demolition plans but admitted he has been blowing up a dozen balls a day in his California lab in preparation....

"That ball's gotta go," said DePorter, managing partner of the restaurant group, which organized the event as part of its annual tribute to Caray, the beloved Cubs broadcaster who died six years ago Thursday. "It's like the ring from 'The Lord of the Rings' and we're kind of like Frodo, trying to get it over with."

[ROFL]
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banna_Oj
Member # 6207

- posted      Profile for Banna_Oj   Email Banna_Oj         Edit/Delete Post 
It has been all over local talk radio too. I forget how much they paid to get that ball at auction.

AJ

Posts: 79 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
My dad has a temporary apartment half a block away from Wrigley Field... he's gonna be one happy person tomorrow. *sighs heavily* [Wall Bash]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.