FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A complete and totally free Friday

Author Topic: A complete and totally free Friday
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I have friday off. Totally, completely, and utterly free and off.

Off from school, off from family, and off from work, off from any plans or places to go. FREE. I haven't had a completely free Friday for a while. This is good, now I can do something that I want to without any one elses will stopping me.

But what the heck to do!? It's pretty hard for me to enjoy myself lately. Don't really know why but it takes that certain special something for me to have a good time.

I'll most definately go bowling. I find that to be one of the things that I really do enjoy. Something about chucking a huge ball at pins... [Dont Know]

But other than that, I'm really horribly at planning. I think I'll go see one of those Improv comedy shows with a friend. Or something. Gotta check to see what events are going on.

If you see me on Hatrack for more than 2 hours between 12:00 and 6:00 MT, I want you to smack me and tell me to go enjoy myself.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
i already made an excellent suggestion, but no, never.

eesh.

you should spend the morning seeing what life is like as a nudist and the afternoon wondering how clean your funiture is.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emperor Palpatine
Member # 3544

- posted      Profile for Emperor Palpatine   Email Emperor Palpatine         Edit/Delete Post 
Drive to Southern California.
Posts: 1004 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
read... imagine a whole day to read all the books you want.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zan
Member # 4888

- posted      Profile for Zan   Email Zan         Edit/Delete Post 
Spend the day trying to think of ways to make celia stop saying disturbing things.
Posts: 221 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweet William
Member # 5212

- posted      Profile for Sweet William           Edit/Delete Post 
I have friday off. Totally, completely, and utterly free and off.

You silly, silly man. I can't believe that you live in BOUNTIFUL and I have to say this one, very important word to you:

Frightmares [Razz]

BTW, I broke "The Samuri." Yep, it was me in September and it's been broken ever since.

[ October 15, 2003, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: Sweet William ]

Posts: 524 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Celia - stop making me laugh audibly in the library.

What would I do if I had Friday off.... ? I'd probably try to study for my art history midterm. You want to study for my art history midterm for me Nate?

If not, I think you should hitch hike up and down the Wasatch front wearing lederhosen. Hey - meet new fun freinds!

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Annie, currently there are some people in the room behind me playing polkas. I just came over from eating some Cabbage, Sausage and tastey Potatoes. Apparently, they are celebrating 'Mock-toberfest.'

I think the leiderhosen would be a great help in embarressing myself publically right now. But I'd need a dance partner.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
If I were in Utah or if you were in Houston, I would put on my dirndl and dance with you in your lederhosen!
But alas, that cannot be our fate.

[ October 15, 2003, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: Ophelia ]

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I don't know why you guys seem to imply that I HAVE lederhosen. I don't. No lederhosen over here. My life is lederhosen free. It's like the tights... I don't HAVE ANY.

But hey, if I could rent some real cheap, I would probably have to learn how to Polka so I wouldn't look stupid.

Well... more stupid.

Edited to add: Oh, and I am not much of a fan of haunted houses without a date. Hmmm... date....

I think I'll go pick some fruit on friday!

[ October 15, 2003, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: T_Smith ]

Annie
Member # 295

Hey Nate - *points*
mocktoberfest? That is so funny! Wish I was doing the polka!

And Ophelia, darling - I am so jealous. I really want a dirdl. *adds to Christmas list*

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

They grow dates in Utah?
T_Smith
Member # 3734

You know, combine lederhosen with tights and you'd have a pretty funny looking me...

http://www.1stbavarianonlineshop.com/hersteller/09/200x200/09_106_Hans_05_vorne.jpg

What is it with you people wanting to see my legs?

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
T, if you are not doing anything Friday I could use someone to cut my grass, maybe clean out the garbage disposal and bath the dog.

Hey, all of those are better than letting you hosen Leider all over the place.

Leiderhosen From the German Leid--Look, der--compete and Hosen--(related to Canadian Hoser)--Geek. Or Leiderhosen--Make Look Like a complete geek.

[ October 15, 2003, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: Dan_raven ]

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Fine, but only if you promise to buy me some ice cream afterwards.
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it Lederhosen or Leiderhosen? Because if it's the first, it just means "leather pants."

As such, I think you should wear some black leather pants and spiffy sunglasses, Nathan, and come visit us in Provo. That way we can take lots of humiliating pictures of you and post them for the benefit of everyone on Hatrack who would like to see you wear black leather pants (since we can't seem to get you into real Lederhosen).

Though, if you feel like lunch in Provo, I know a couple of cool folks who might want to hang out with a goober on Friday.

[ October 15, 2003, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: Brinestone ]

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

As the lovely Ophelia pointed out to me, the correct terminology is lederhosen, which are, indeed, leather pants. Leiderhosen, apparently, would be "sharp pants," and we don't want to injure tender young Nathan.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh—Babelfish translates leiderhosen as "unfortunately trousers." I like my translation better, Annie.

[ October 15, 2003, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I own some unfortunate trousers. They don't fit correctly and they tie at the bottom.

I have no idea what I was thinking.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
They tie at the bottom? Like, at the ankles? What were you thinking? [Razz]
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
How does one get a completely and totally free Friday? I mean my days off seem to even be consumed. I'd sleep in, read a little, go for a walk if it was nice, have a nice dinner, see a movie, and then curl up with a book and hot chocolate before bed.
Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I said Leiderhosen would (loosely) be "pants that hurt." But that could cover both sharp pants and unfortunate pants!

How about Liederhosen--song pants!

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Wouldn't leather pants also be unfortunate pants on a hot summer day? Or a really wet day?

What we're those Swiss thinking...

Lunch in Provo?

Cool people? In Provo?

Hmmm... let me just check my schedule...

::turns back to everyone and makes 'hmmm' noises::

Looks like I could pencil you in to my busy schedule.

Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'll most definately go bowling. I find that to be one of the things that I really do enjoy. Something about chucking a huge ball at pins...
I wonder what Freud would say...
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, you could get a date.

Heh, I could get a date.

We could have some fun.

There's always those things the call CornMaze. I haven't been to one this year, they are always fun.

http://www.cornfieldmaze.com/sites.php?ID=&username=utlayton

Besides this one in Layton, there is one in Salt Lake and Pleasant Grove.

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

- posted      Profile for Megachirops           Edit/Delete Post 
lol @ Zan & Katharina!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Date would be fun. Corn maze would be fun.

Finding a date would be hectic.

Cause I'm a loser, bay-bee... ::sings song::

The phone number book is running awfully low lately. I think I'm desperate enough to call up a few random girls I know (I'm still at least trying to think of ONE girl I'd like to go with). Do you think I should introduce you as "this guy I know over the internet" or just a friend? [Wink]

Hmmm... do girls find that if a guy has an online friend to be a bad thing?

Edited to add: Frisco, Freud would say I have a weird obsession with my mother or my sister. Freud liked to say that. He was funny that way.

[ October 15, 2003, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: T_Smith ]

Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hmmm... do girls find that if a guy has an online friend to be a bad thing?
Maybe. I think on a first date, I'd just say "friend." [Smile]

So, Nathan, if you can come down, would you want to meet at our place or somewhere else? Would you like to try to get together with some other Provoans (Sarcastic Muppet, hansenj, Damander, flyby, whoever else) or just us? Should we start a thread about this? Yeah, probably. Hmmm . . .

[ October 15, 2003, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: Brinestone ]

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
If I come, I'm coming from Ogden, so let's see we can accomadate that, if not, no biggie.
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.