FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Kick trash Photography thread

Author Topic: Kick trash Photography thread
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
This isn't a contest, but because of something fiazko said in the Desktop thread, I think it's high time that some of you strutted your stuff and showed us what you've done.

So. Pick out some of your favorite pictures that you've taken, or that other people have taken (just give 'em credit) and show us! This will be better than the desktop thread!!

So, mack, I know you've got some gorgeous ones. fiazko, I checked out your site and you've got some really good ones too. Let's see them everyone!

[ October 16, 2003, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
www.plastic-castle.com/tom/photos
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I love some of these pictures from my brother in Thailand/Laos.

I have some pictures I've taken that I really love, but I haven't ever scanned any of them. [Frown] Maybe someday.

[ October 16, 2003, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Ok, out of ludosti's, my favorite is the fisherman.

There are too many "favorites" for me to post from Tom's collection...I would ask Tom which is HIS favorite out of all of them...Hm? [Smile]

[ October 16, 2003, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feyd Baron
Member # 1407

- posted      Profile for Feyd Baron   Email Feyd Baron         Edit/Delete Post 
http://feyd_baron.tripod.com/Eurpic1.htm

You'll have to deal with pop-ups for the time being. I did have them on my Tech page, but I broke that very badly a few days ago. Some of the better pictures aren't even there, I suppose I really need to get those up...

Feyd Baron, DoC

EDIT: Alright, fine. The first three are my favorite, but the others were certainly good enough to at least scan. I've sold copies of the first photo to about half a dozen people (most history professors here at Texas Tech). almost all of those were part of a public exhibit at the International Cultural Center here, so I'm proud of them all.

[ October 16, 2003, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: Feyd Baron ]

Posts: 1000 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Pick your favorites people!! *leap leap* [Wink] I'm actually interested in seeing the ones that the photographers are especially proud of.

[edit to add: Feyd, those are absolutely amazing. I'll contradict what I just said and say "leave the link to the whole album!"] [Blushing]

[ October 16, 2003, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
ooOOOoo aaAAAaaa

Feyd you seemed to capture the feeling of the places really well.

When looking at the pictures I started to notice the drastic difference between digital and film. If nothing else they seem to have a different color contrast. I know a lot of this is because of the information lost when scanning in film pictures but it's still remarkable.

Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
This should be on Madowl, dammit! [Wink]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
these are some of my pictures
my favorites are the shakespeare garden, the aerial view of chattanooga, and the beach ones.

Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Mount Liberty
Franconia Ridge
Old Bridle Path
Summit of Mount Jackson (my first 4000 footer)
Me and my cousin Maddi
Father Cecil
Tree Light
Self Portrait
Dane's view of the world
Grant Ellis
Liam
Brothers
Wall Curve

Um...there's a few...

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww. Those are some cute kids.
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

My sister in law is getting better and better with her picture clicker. This is an old one of my nephew that I rather enjoy. [Wink]

I'm loving these pictures folks. Have any of you ever submitted anything for contest or publication?

[ October 16, 2003, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
http://home.earthlink.net/~xnera/photos

and

http://madowl.glump.net/gallery/xnera

Comments and criticism welcome and greatly appreciated.

Need to finish scanning the ones from dad's party. Maybe tonight.

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

I'm so jealous of your Irish photos xnera. Wonderful! [Smile]
esl
Member # 3143

- posted      Profile for esl   Email esl         Edit/Delete Post 
Mack, I really love the one of you and your cousin. It's just so cool!

Feyd, those are fantastic. I mean literally fantastic.. as in who-woulda-thought-photos-could-look-like-that fantastic.
I was confused by the description of the Milan Cathedral. It says there are people on the right side. I hope you meant left.

Posts: 1056 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

mack, what kind of camera do you use?
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for the nod, narnia. i nitpick my stuff pretty hardcore, and i wish you guys could see the print versions. this is my current "baby". i had it blown up to poster size, and as soon as i get it framed, it's going over my fireplace.

roses

[ October 16, 2003, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: fiazko ]

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

You have good taste. This is the one that caught my eye when I was perusing your website. [Wink] It's gorgeous. [Big Grin]
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
can i keep you? [Smile]
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Minolta 5000i SLR.
Narnia
Member # 1071

fiazko, of course! [Big Grin]
mack, the pictures are so crystal clear. Is that a digital camera? If it's not, how do you get your scans to be so clear? Do you scan them at really high res? I need to take some classes. This thread is giving me the bug. [Smile]

[ October 17, 2003, 01:21 AM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

mackillian
Member # 586

I have a film scanner for my Minolta [Smile]

I have two 5000i bodies and three different lenses. However, I tend to use just one body (that has working automatic focus for fast shots) and one lens (35-80mm) unless I'm doing portrait work.

However.

I did win an ebay auction for a Nikon Coolpix. *grin* Complete with telephoto and wide-angle/macro lenses.

Can't WAIT.

Scanning a roll of film usually takes at least an hour. Now I can cut that step out, except for the more artistic stuff. [Smile]

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm always impressed by people who have, like, REAL cameras. [Smile]

----

BTW, Feyd, you are an EXCELLENT architectural photographer.

[ October 17, 2003, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
esl: Congratuations, you are literally the first person to catch that. Myself included in those that didn't. I might have to fix that...

Tom: Thanks. My animal portaits aren't bad either, I'll get some of those up eventually. But I simply can't photograph people, at all. At the very least, I can say going to architecture school for five years has helped me in at least one way.

Someday I'm actually going to go into photoshop and clean up some of the scanning noise that's there. And soon, hopefully I'll have some of my digital pictures up now that I have a really nice Minolta. So much to do, so little time.

Feyd

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.