FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Geek Honeymoon!!

Author Topic: Geek Honeymoon!!
JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
Kwea and I were married on Saturday October 18th!!!!!! Now we are on our honey,oon as he calls it the geek honeymoon! We are in Pennsylvania and are on our way to Gettysburg,PA... a place I have never been and have always wanted to go. Then we will be off to Washington DC to see all the historical stuff there. On our way home we will stop in NYC to visit the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island (another place I have always wanted to go) and then see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway!!! So do you think Kwea's idea for this trip is a "Geek Honeymoon"?? Let me know.......I'm MARRIED!!!!!!!!! Woohoo! [Party]

[ October 21, 2003, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: JenniK ]

Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to you and Kwea!!! [Big Grin]

[Party] [Party]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! [The Wave] [The Wave] [Party] [Hat] I can't wait until my wedding... Well... Actually, I'm going to have to.
Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
We had a geek honeymoon, too! I think we spent more time visiting museums and listening to Harry Potter on tape than ... anything else [Smile]

Congrats!

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
That's not a geek honeymoon. A true geek honeymoon would involve a Star Trek cruise or a con of some sort. Yours just sounds like fun.

Congrats!

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! Hope you guys enjoy years of this same happiness!

Geek honeymoons sound like so much fun!

I want one! I want one!

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Der Grammatikfuehrer
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I think a geek honeymoon should involve lots of Scrabble.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
A honeymoon with lots of scrabble sounds heavenly! Oh, wait. That doesn't mean it's not geeky.
Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El Babalao
Member # 5817

- posted      Profile for El Babalao   Email El Babalao         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
A true geek honeymoon would involve a Star Trek cruise
O_O

*sniff*

*glare*

::curses saxon75::

::curses thread::

Posts: 39 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!

[Party]

Sounds like lots of fun! Enjoy!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, no, that's a geek vacation.

While you're on your honeymoon, though, why not run on the wild side and visit the Rocky Horror Show during your NYC visit? If it's still running. I promise you, once you have kids, you'll wish you'd gone crazy while you still could.

Make him wear pantyhose as a true test of his love. And take pictures. I promise you, the next time you want a new car, you'll wish you'd taken those pictures.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a great honeymoon. Enjoy every minute of it. Doesn't sound much like a geek honeymoon though. A geek honeymoon would go something like "My love for you is like pi...irrational and unending."
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Mazel tov!

I can't comment on anyone else's honeymoon - we went to Iceland. In November.

The most romantic semi-touristy place to dine in NYC (Russian Tea Room) has inexplicably closed, but Tavern on the Green is still open. It's great for honeymooners. For dessert after the show, try Cafe Lalo on 83rd, between Bway and Amsterdam (closer to Amsterdam, I think).

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Shigosei said:
A geek honeymoon would go something like "My love for you is like pi...irrational and unending."

I don't know... I like to think of love being pretty rational. At least, I think my mind was involved in the decision somehow.

Wouldn't a geek honeymoon involve some calculus joke like laying tangent to her curves?

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Van Pelt
Member # 5767

- posted      Profile for John Van Pelt   Email John Van Pelt         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
A honeymoon with lots of scrabble sounds heavenly!
Noted. And not at all by the way: agreed! [Big Grin]

quote:
Oh, wait. That doesn't mean it's not geeky.
So? [Wink]
Posts: 431 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] *applauds geek honeymoons in all forms* [Smile]
Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.