FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Episode 7-9?

Author Topic: Episode 7-9?
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a little rumor for ya.

http://www.theforce.net/holonet/index.shtml

I'm not sure whether to like this idea or not. I mean, what story could there be left to tell? And I'm not sure I want to see those fogeys running around saving the New Republic.

I DO like the idea of getting Lucas as far away as possible from the project. Speilberg could do it justice, i guess.

I think if there were to be more movies they need to go in the direction of Knights of the Old Republic -- 4000 years before Ep. 1, with a completely new cast of characters, new problems, new issues.

Oh, and Greedo shot first!

Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm... is it wrong of me if I came in here thinking of the first episode where 7 of 9 was first introduced?
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

Go Away Egomaniac Man.. shoo....
Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emperor Palpatine
Member # 3544

- posted      Profile for Emperor Palpatine   Email Emperor Palpatine         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Trekkie. Leave us.

Having read about Luke, Leia and Han about 30 years after Return of the Jedi (and like the books or not, most are considered canon by Lucas), I doubt 7-9 would focus on the Big 3. Even though I would be greatly interested in a movie series detailing their children (of which Han and Leia have 2/3, and Luke has 1), I think a KOTOR trilogy would be better.

Of course, 7-9 could be about something more than their children.

[ October 21, 2003, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: Emperor Palpatine ]

Posts: 1004 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Right! It could be about their pets! And Jar Jar's grandkids! And the droids who have been reprogrammed to be poop scoopers!
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esl
Member # 3143

- posted      Profile for esl   Email esl         Edit/Delete Post 
Since episodes one and two kind of focus on Luke and Leia's parents, I hope that if there are episodes after six, they'll be about Luke and/or Leia's children.

It feels like a pattern that I'd like to see continue.

Posts: 1056 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
It's okay, T. I was thinking Jeri Ryan too. Strange that we're both Nathans..

Maybe we should form a support group.

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank goodness, I feel somewhat normal again.

Mmmm... 7 of 9... you can nanoprobe me anyday, baby.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
IF they do episodes 7, 8, and 9, then they would be about The New Jedi Order. Luke set up a jedi academy after episode 6, and started gathering potential jedis and training them. Oh, and Han/Leia/kids are involved, too. (I've read some of the books. [Big Grin] ) I hope they do 7, 8, and 9. It would be pretty cool. And Mara Jade kicks butt! [Big Grin]

Hooray for purple lightsabers!

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

Except that George Lucas has said repeatedly said that the books do not determine what is Star Wars... George determines what is Star Wars.
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if he stays out of this project like he promised.... [Razz]
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emperor Palpatine
Member # 3544

- posted      Profile for Emperor Palpatine   Email Emperor Palpatine         Edit/Delete Post 
Only that George Lucas determined that books and other Expanded Universe products are, in fact, Star Wars. The only thing against that is that George Lucas has the ability to create discontinuity.
Posts: 1004 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

The force is with me....

from

http://www.theforce.net/books/hot_topics.shtml

Pay attention to the last sentence.

quote:
Q: Where can I find the novels for all the Star Wars episodes 1-9? Was A New Hope a book before it was a film?
A: None of the films are based on books. Here's basically what happened: George Lucas came up with ascript for Star Wars. Unfortunately, it was too long, so he broke it up into multiple films. Lucas decided to make the middle episode, A New Hope,the first (and possibly only) film. As they were making the film, they wanted to generate early buzz for it, so the novelization was released 1 year before the film came out. It was ghost written by Alan Dean Foster, author of Splinter of the Mind's Eye. The movie then came out later, so everyone thought the film was based on the book. The novelizations to ESB and ROTJ came later with those films. Since Lucas plotted all of the films out at once, many people mistakenly believe the books of the other novels are already out. They aren't. Many people also mistakely believe that the films that might come AFTER Return of the Jedi are the ones written by Timothy Zahn or the other authors. This is also not true. Lucas has publicly said he doesn't want to make any sequel films that would follow ROTJ. And if he did, it would not be based on any of the novels.

Emperor Palpatine
Member # 3544

I wasn't arguing over whether the movies would be based on the novels (even though I think it would be a logical choice), my point was that the books are considered valid parts of the Star Wars universe.
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
I've had plans for about 15 years about what I'd like to do with episodes 7-11, but we will see. I know I can get a good recomendation from Yoda (irvin kershner) but I need to get my ship in gear first and finish what I've been working on for the last 7 years.

<T>

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Even though I would be greatly interested in a movie series detailing their children (of which Han and Leia have 2/3, and Luke has 1), I think a KOTOR trilogy would be better.

How can you have 2/3 of a kid?
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Can you be a Jedi without arms and legs?
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
What ought to be done with 7-9 is to make Zahn's trilogy into movies.
Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emperor Palpatine
Member # 3544

One of them died. Their youngest, Anakin Solo, at the ripe age of 16.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.