FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Haunted Mansion

Author Topic: The Haunted Mansion
JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know the story behind the Haunted Mansion??? If you do, the ride makes more sense when you are on it. ......

Master Gracey was a wealthy young man who moved to Florida (or CA) and had a mansion built to match his father s mansion in NY. He searched a long time for the right woman to be his wife. He met a young girl and fell in love. The day they were married everyone came to celebrate with a great feast. [Party] The young bride was indeed very young, and decided to play hide and seek with her new husband, so she went up to the attic and found a trunk, climbed in and pulled the lid shut. Mr Gracey was welcoming their guests and did not notice her absence until some time later. The entire house was searched, and finally, it was discovered that Mrs. Gracey had locked herself inthe trunk...and all the air had run out... Mrs. Gracey was dead. [Cry]
The widower was devestated. He had so loved this young girl and could not bear to let her go. The day of the funeral he stood beside her coffin, and looked at her one last time before the hearse was to leave for the Cemetary. He wanted something to remind him of her, so he took the weding band from her finger...just as he slipped it off something spooked the horses pulling the coach, and the ring flew from his grasp..to land in the freshly laid cement. Mr Gracey rushed after the driverless hearse and people were sent to search... a few hours later they found the horses and the empty hearse, but they never found the body.
Mr Gracey was so distraught that he called a psychic to bring his late wife back to him fomr the other side... 999 other spirits were reached and were allowed to remain in the Gracey Mansion, but to this day Mrs Gracey has not returned .

On the ride you see that Mr Gracey was so upset that he hung himself so that he could join his wife..... the seance room, many of the spirits...as you wind your way up into the attic where Mrs Gracey is waiting for her husband...but you are not Mr Gracey ..so she throws you out the window to your death. You are now in the graveyard and you can see the other ghosts..... when you exit the ride read the tombstones for a good laugh..and just beside the empty hearse parked out front, look at the cement sidewalk and you will see the tiny ring that Mr Gracey left in the wet cement as he chased after the hearse!

Next time you ride the ride keep this story in mind and it will make more sense! [Hat]

[ October 25, 2003, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: JenniK ]

Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Or you could do like me and enjoy it without knowing...lol.

Really, it is cool, and a good mixed ages ride, it that the younger kids find it spooky, but n9ot completely freaky.

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow...pretty deep stuff for a children's theme park. But hey, I like it. [Smile]
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
I am warning you, Javert.
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

What am I being warned about? [Confused]
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a stronger man by far
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought that was Val Jean's line! someone alert 24601!
Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

Talk about derailing a thread! [Wink]

THERE IS NOTHING ON EARTH THAT WE SHARE! It is either Valjean or Javert!

Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the plot of the haunted mansion involved Eddie Murphy getting taught a lesson in life and love by a gang of wise-cracking ghosts, with hilarious results.

Shows what I know.

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.