FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect

Author Topic: The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
Its an online novel, by Roger Williams, i'm not sure if it was ever actually published for real, but has anyone else ever read it?

I thought it has some interesting points to bring up, but was rather hokey at time. The writing was at least as good as some that i've read in actual bound books. The 3 laws of robotics in it seemed a little less real than with Asimov at the helm. (hmm i wonder what his estate things of Williams' use of the three laws? I'm don't think he states them as Asimov always did, so maybe he's okay.)

I'm going to post a link to the novel, however, it is rather graphic at times, (more or less needlessly, but I didn't write it, and i don't think the graphicness is the point.) If anyone is offended, say so and i'll take the link down.

Its not very long; i read it in something like 2 hours.

edit: i've removed the link, the site says over 21, and i guess since this is a family oriented board it would be a no go. email me or catch me on aim for the link.

edit2: I know i have read some equally graphic stuff from the local library, and i was in 9th or 10th grade at the time. So I guess I though it was needless, but not horrible. okay, i'm done talking to myself on here now.

[ October 27, 2003, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: HollowEarth ]

Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it pretty well. Rough around the edges, but Williams is a decent writer. Actually I liked his two "Passages" short stories better.

As for age limits, who cares? Nothing in that novel is all that bad, and it seems to be mainly a CYA thing anyway.

Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.