FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » mack gave me a hug! 0_o

Author Topic: mack gave me a hug! 0_o
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
mack just left after visiting us over the weekend (saturday-tuesday), and I want her to turn right around and come back!

Some things I learned about mack:

she is a bit of a low-talker

she has a hard time turning off her "counselor questioning" ("and how do you feel about that...?")

she has a very big heart

she has a thing for cadets *grin*

she knows how to distract a five-year-old

she is a very thoughtful guest

More later. Just posting to brag a little. *smile*

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
she has a hard time turning off her "counselor questioning" ("and how do you feel about that...?")

It goes with the territory!
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
will post info and photos as soon as I eat something. *hungry*
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
macks, strangely enough, a good hugger... wouldn't think it from her online persona, would you?
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

go to madowl.com, there are pics of West Point up in the gallery!

I miss mack.

Sigh.

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
west point photos

So I drove down on Saturday after my four hour class and a nap afterwards. Took me four hours. The I-84 stretch through Connecticut is harder than you'd think, because Conn has all these random left off the highway exits, so you can't just get into the left lane and cruise, because you'd end up off the highway and in some podunk town. I manage to get all the way into Highland Falls (the town that the West Point base is in) and can't find the damn gate. I call Jexx (Jen). She tells me how to get there. I get onto the base (into West Point). The MP (military police) tells me how to get to Jen's road.

He gives me wrong directions. I end up on the other side of the base. I call Jen. Jen talks me through directions to her place till I pull into her cul-de-sac and see her. YEAY!

It's 9PM. CR is still up. He's all excited that someone is here (a big person to play with!). I get introduced to CR and Chuck (Jen's husband. He's way, ultra quiet. But very nice). We all watch the Marlins beat the Yankees. More YEAY! Then it's sack out time.

Wait.

The dogs.

There's Lucy rat dog, a terrier of unknown origins. She's yellow and small and has god awfully stinky breath. She's awfully sweet, though. [Smile] And then there's Rocky, the beast-dog who is aggressively friendly. He will literally lick you to death. [Smile]

Sunday we wake up. I'm sleeping on the pull-out in the living room. CR wants to say hi. Jen makes him stay away, thinking I'm asleep (I'm reading). Takes her a bit to figure it out. (I'm evil, too [Wink] )Jen and I go to Dunkin' Donuts. However, before we hit Dunkin's, we hit Key Foods for homies (to send to Finn), then the farmer's market. There, there's a BOOK SALE.

Good lord. Bag o' Book for five bucks, WITH a tote. We split a bag. We also get veggies and stuff for dinner. Finally hit dunkin's (cadets there!), then head back. Then it's back out to the PX and the comissary to get foods with which to make dinner. We're playing a game: Jen picks out the ingredients, I cook the dinner.

Jen and CR give me a little tour of Trophy Point, Doubleday Field, Michie Stadium, where major landmarks are, and mad king george's cannon.

I ended up cooking: mashed together carrots and turnips, steak marinated in cabernet savignon then sauteed in garlic and onions, and a side of roasted artichokes. Jen invited her friend Paul (a cadet!) over. CR loved said cadet and gave him many, many hugs. We all watched the simpsons. Much fun was had.

Monday, I went to work with Jen. It took her awhile to wake me up. o_O

Jen has the best job EVER. She sees cadets ALL DAY. [Big Grin]

Her co workers are great, too. Monday also ended up being a brief monsoon season and I ended up with soaked and tired and fell asleep on the couch with my sweatshirt cinched up around my face.

Jen did not obtain photographic evidence. I woke up when Paul called. Jen made fun of me. As soon as I took the hood off my head, Rocky the beast dog licked the side of my head.

Much fun was had.

I did not want to leave.

CR is a delightful boy.

Jen is awesome.

Chuck is very, very quiet.

The cadets are quite amusing. Paul in particular.

As long as I'm allowed, I am soooooooo going back to visit. [Big Grin]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

quote:
Chuck is very, very quiet.

*rolls on floor laughing*

When Chuck came home from work today, he was wild with goofiness, wrestling with the dogs and boy. I think he was holding it in all weekend.

*snicker*

In front of other people, though, yes, he is very, very quiet.

eta: You are SO allowed.

[ October 28, 2003, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: jexx ]

jexx
Member # 3450

*bump*

*cheesycheesecreamycheesy*

mackillian
Member # 586

Dude, does anyone not realize that I gave jexx an actual, real, physical hug?!

And that it took jexx the entire weekend to figure out that it isn't touch that squicks me out, it's LIGHT touch. You can touch me. Just make it a FIRM tough. Any of that feathery crap and I get all squicked.

Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
*tackle-hugs Mack*

*rugby-style*

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout. [Big Grin]
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*steps back out of thread to get a running start*

*runs into thread, grabs Mack, hugs tight*

Howzat?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
*brushes fingers lightly down mac's arm*

*hightails it to next county*

Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
::laughs::
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

GAH!

*lights lissa on fire*

*glare*

Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
I always suspected someone would eventually burn me at the stake for something. I'm kind of relieved it's finally here...though one could ask for a slightly more heroic or at least interesting reason for it. [Smile]
Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((mack))))) <-- see, no light-touches involved [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Did she flip you off too?

So, Mack, when are you coming out to the Pacific Northwest? Actually, you should come during the summer. It's actually nice then, and I'll be home to meet you!

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! I hugged you a couple years ago! doesn't that count for something? [Smile]
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.