FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ah, this is the sort of dress I was talking about

Author Topic: Ah, this is the sort of dress I was talking about
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone remembers the discussion on women's dresses from a few weeks ago, I found that lovely black dress that I would love to be able to pull off, but probably can't...

http://www.karenmillen.com/home.htm

*wants* Would that I could get away with it. This is what I was talking about when I said I wanted a low back [Smile] .

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
That's gorgeous!

I bought a black dress last weekend, I'm so happy with it! [The Wave] *dances a happy dance* It's not anything as classy as that , but I still like it a lot! [Smile]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
That dress is alright, but even better is that webpage design *mezmerized by the animated navigation menu*
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa. That's some cool navigation.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Why wouldn't you be able to pull it off? It's lovely. Every woman needs a slinky black cocktail frock.

What kind of neckline does it have?

You need very high heels to go with that dress - at least 3.5 inches.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Billie, you could pull it off.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
You want see some neat navigation stuff? Check these out. Specifically the first one and the fifth one.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Billie is definetely hot enough to pull that dress off.

Thats definetely a dress I would notice a woman in.

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be a little concerned about blinding people with extreme whiteness. I've got skin as white as *grins* the driven snow [Wink] .

I have one dress (not counting my wedding dress). I don't dress up often, but it's going to start to look silly if I keep showing up to dressy things in the same thing.

As much as I'd love to wear a dress like that, the lack of tan combined with the fact that it's a little...well, sexy to be parading about in makes it tough to imagine pulling it off. Especially with 3.5 inch heels...I'm a little on the accident prone side. On the other hand, having just one dress is getting quite boring :\.

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Pale skin is sexy. Of course, I am so pale that I would be invisible to the naked eye if I was blonde, so I am biased. If you feel self-conscious, get a Hollywood Tan.

You must learn to wear heels - they do amazing things for your legs and lengthen your whole silouhette. I couldn't survive without my dress heels. My wedding shoes were 5.5 inch disco platforms.

BTW, don't worry about wearing the same dress over and over again. As long as you always look great, no one will notice. In fact, if something looks good, I buy it in every color.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
My wife is so pale that she burns under florescent lights. [Smile]

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
See, really white skin looks _good_ in a black dress, and I just know you could pull it off. Just hold your head high and smile. Say to yourself, "I'm all that AND a bag 'o chips."

Cuz, really, you ARE.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
All this talk about pulling that dress off is disturbing.

If I tried to pull that dress off of her, or of anyone one here, I'd end up going to jail.

You don't pull dresses off, you talk the young ladies out of them.

Candy and wine helps.

Then you......

oh, you don't mean pull the dress off, you mean Pull the dress off.

Um

Nevermind.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.