FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » CBS Survivor Twist

Author Topic: CBS Survivor Twist
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
*****Western Time zones spoiler warning*****

I haven't followed Survivor since the Thai episodes. But when I chanced to flip to it between commercials just now, they just brought back ALL of the dismissed tribe members in a third tribe that has labeled itself the Outcasts!

"Vengance is mine!" I'm sure all the Outcasts are thinking and plotting.

It's a great twist. I'm sure it will throw everyone's gameplans askew. They all thought they had seen the last of the Outcasts, and here they are, back in the game! [Evil Laugh] [ROFL]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
I really loved the headband that Outcast tribesmember Ryan wore that said: "Die Jerks."

I saw this coming, but man, it was a hoot to see it actually happen. And Osten chickened out. I have never seen someone so in shape and gung ho completely punk out so fast. Perhaps he should have spent less time in the gym and more time on building strength of character.

Actually, Osten asked to be voted out and basically quit the game. It was nice to see the slam job he got from the host, especially for the comment about how many people would have given anything to have had the chance he has had.

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
*covers ears and hums*

I admit. I was hooked on the first season of survivor before my mission. I am strangely drawn to that show. I cannot watch a single episode of it, or I'm hooked again. Sssshhhhh....*covers ears and hums some more*

[Wink] [Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
This is the only episode of this season of Survivors I have watched, but yeah, you're right Sopwith. Osten just decided to bail. And he came across like a real wuss--"I either give 110% or I don't play" or words to that effect. Whatever, punk.

The dude was so ripped muscularly he looked like he had no neck, yet he was complaining about the physicality of the game?? What a gym-warrior little bitch.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
from what I saw in the episodes you never gave 110%. In the sinking the boat challenge he sunk his own teams boat, in the weight challange he dropped out firt at almost the lowest weight. now savage, that guy gave 110%. I thought it was stupid of them to keep him and get rid of lil and ryan.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

Don't forget the terror of Osten when the camp was invaded by... a pelican!

Ack! Flee the terror bird of the high seas!

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Krista lasted longer and with more weight than Osten. He is such a wuss. I was surprised that Jon stayed. What was Ruppert thinking?

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
What was Rupert thinking? Come on, who wouldn't want to end up with Jon at the end? Not even his mother would vote for him. They're keeping him around as a dummy so that they can win the million dollars. Shawn was much better overall, but he was a threat.
Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Osten wanted to punk out on day 5. You know what I'm sick of? It seems like every Survivor season has one black guy that is a lazy punk.

Amazon: No black guy.
Marquesas: Sean. Lazy.
Thailand: Ted. Lazy and horny.
Africa: Clarence. Lazy and snuck food!
Outback: Nick. He must have been okay. Lots of really big personalities on that season and Nick, though a hottie, seems to have escaped my memory.
Pulau Tiga: Gervase. Lazy. (I didn't even know the first one was called that. I just think of it as "the first one.")
Pearl Island: Osten. Lazy.

And you know, it's not so much that they are incredibly lazy as it is the way they are lazy. Of the six seasons with black guys on them, five of them were lazy. Why can't they get a black guy with a work ethic? And do all the gay guys have to be obnoxious, drama queens?

Oh, and my husband loves Rupert, however, the first night of the show, I said, "You couldn't pay me enough to be on an island with him. No way, no how." Then he went and stole the other teams shoes. Then he was calm and mellow for a few episodes and I was starting to think I might have been wrong about him. I'm not thinking that now. Last night was exactly why I wouldn't want to be on an island with him.

Oh, and I said to my husband, "Man, I'm surprized Jeff just didn't call him [Osten] a lazy, punk, bitch." My husband replies, "He just did."

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

Osten was also the first person ever kicked off who didn't get to have his "final words" televised. They just let his torch, laid down, do the talking. I thought it was apt.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.