FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My Security Blanket

Author Topic: My Security Blanket
flyby
Member # 3630

- posted      Profile for flyby   Email flyby         Edit/Delete Post 
Today I was kinda letdown by someone I care about, and was just not feeling so good. I felt fairly good when I went on my walk, but then just coming onto Hatrack, made me feel so much better. I don't post as much as I used to, mainly because I'm really busy with college life, but it's always here for me to come back when I need it, like tonight. I just came on and looked at some old threads, and it was just calming. So that's what hatrack is for me, it's my security blanket. I can use it to laugh and distract me from things, or it's there when I need a hug. And it's where I can share the thoughts that come to me, those that are random, those that mean alot, and then just the strange experiences of life.

Alot of people don't understand what hatrack is to me, like I think Carolyn (my roommate) thinks it's a bit weird that I say I love hatrack, when it's just an online forum. But I love hatrack, because it can make me smile when things are hard. And no one even has to really know that I'm sad. People reach out to me, without even really knowing that they are. And it's beauty.

It's somewhere I can turn.

So, what is hatrack to you?

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, outsiders don't understand. I try to explain, saying Hatrack is different than other forums, etc etc... to no avail. Oh well, who cares what they think [Smile]

Hatcrack is my drug of choice.

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((flyby))))) [Smile]

I'm glad you feel that way! I do too, I love this place!!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
*pies flyby*

hey! good to see you!

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack is where I come to get my required dose of flyby!
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack is alternately fulfilling and frustrating.

[Smile]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack feels like my hometown. The real hometown, where I know most of the neighbors (and whose lawn to stay off of [Wink] ), where there are always new people coming through, where the issues of the day get debated on the capital steps and on front porches. It's my happy place. [Smile]

[Edit: the kind of hometown where college kids sometimes drop back by, no big fuss, just to hang out and snuggle their security blanket. [Smile] ]

[ November 03, 2003, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

- posted      Profile for Megachirops           Edit/Delete Post 
What a cool analogy!

[Smile]

Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack is a place I simply love, because when I come here I know I will be able to say whatever I think and not being judjed, or not in a bad sense. My companion doesn't understand that, he thinks I may turn as a mormon [ROFL] but, hey, nothing is perfect [Wink]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*laugh* That's very funny.

I'm with CT - Hatrack is like a hometown. I like having it. [Smile]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I luvs me some Hatrack

Annie [Smile]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flyby
Member # 3630

- posted      Profile for flyby   Email flyby         Edit/Delete Post 
Aww...you guys make me feel so loved, got me all teary.
Posts: 1261 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.