FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A Self Examination

Author Topic: A Self Examination
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
Ever take a serious inventory of yourself, of your actions and thoughts, etc.? Did you like or dislike what you saw? I don't mean just over a specific issue but over yourself as a whole. (I kept misreading the "Elf examination" title as "self examination" and thought that if the Dobie hadn't been done already than mayhap it ought to be.)

I suppose it's simply something I worry about sometimes. Did I do the best I could? Do I now? Was I as good a person as I should have been? Am I now? If not, how can I do so or be so in the future?

I suppose... I simply worry at times about the missed opportunities. The "hi, how are you" that I meant to say but didn't take the time to. The application to that program that may have changed things that I didn't bother to complete. And even lost opportunities aside... There's always room for improvement. [Smile]

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Hear! Hear! Self Examination is one of the most important things in my life, I find it is simplest for me to beign to look objectively at my life when I put it on paper. Sometimes I write something, poetry, an essay, a short story, an outline of my days work; these all help me to realize what I have done, and what I wish I would and could have done better.
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
i've been having trouble responding to posts today, but i'm going to give it a try anyway. all i wanted to say was, think of your progress in life as growth (or, um, progress) as opposed to improvement. improvement suggests that something is lacking. you're not lacking. you're human. as people and events impact you, you change and grow, and i suppose you do pick things up along the way, but having room for new ideas and such doesn't mean that the space needed filling.

[Smile]

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Usually, a self examination is something entirely different than just your thoughts and your actions... [Wink]

But ya, I usually take some time to examine a few of my thoughts, and how I view things, and usually end up realizing that I acted stupidly.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.