FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » new here

Author Topic: new here
BrianM
Member # 5918

- posted      Profile for BrianM   Email BrianM         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I am a big fan of Mr. Card's books, and after seeing this forum for a few days I decided to jump in and join the fun. [Big Grin]

[ November 13, 2003, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: BrianM ]

Posts: 369 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
*waves to BrianM*
Welcome to hatrack!
[Big Grin]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Brian! You may want to check out the FAQ thread: FAQs for Newcomers
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
Good to see you here! It's always nice to see another OSC fan discover Hatrack!! [Group Hug]
Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww, hello, Brian, and welcome to Hatrack!!!! It's a good place. I promise. [Smile]

[The Wave]

[Group Hug]

[Hat]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack, Brian. [Smile]

Prepare to be bitten, eaten, and/or torched. Some of the folks around here have quaint greeting rituals. [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Also, beware of mushiness from certain couples.
[Razz]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

*slaps Eru*

Oh, and one more thing... don't be afraid of the last post thread... it is your friend. [Smile]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

[Cry]
Raia, you're so mean.
[Frown]

Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
**burninates noob**
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Awww, Eru, I'm sorry. (((((Eru))))) [Group Hug]

All better now? [Smile]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Yes. All better. [Big Grin]
(((((Raia)))))

BrianM, also check out the hug thread and the do whatever you want thread.

Trogdor, how'd I get more posts than you? Especially with everyone hacking you're password? (darn my sucky hacking abilities [Grumble] )

[Big Grin]

Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Good to see you here! It's always nice to see another OSC fan discover Hatrack!!
As opposed to the people who have never heard of him and are here due to a typo in the address line.

I guess they don't really sign up, tho.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((Eru))))) [Smile] Yay!

And Brian, I was going to mention the hug thread, but I got distracted by a sobbing Eru.

(((((These))))) are hugs, btw.

Raia
Member # 4700

Ralphie, I hadn't read a single book of his when I joined. [Embarrassed]
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Brian, Welcome to Hatrack, one of the finest communities on the internet (which may not be saying much, but hey, think of it as home).
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
And she only did recently, and only because Marek made her.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Hey!! YOU made me!!
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Shame on you Raia. Btw, which one did you read?
I've read the Ender/Bean series ('cept for first meetings), and Enchantment, and how to write Sci-Fi and Fantasy.

[Big Grin]

Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
I was new a few days ago, but I never posted one of these threads. Maybe I should've.
Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Eru, I read "Ender's Game."

Next up is "Enchantment." [Wink]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

*gasps*
Raia! You haven't read Enchantment!? What does Marek have to say about that! [Wink]

Ralphie
Member # 1565

I think a much better title to this thread would have been, "NEW NEW NEW HOLY CRAP LOOK HERE NEW POSTER WOW."

You would have become my favorite newbie, then.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
::sigh::

I remember the days when I was Ralphie's favorite newbie.

Good times.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

In some ways, Mike, you still are... You still are.
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
I think we all were Ralphie's favorite newbie, at one time or another. We should form a club! [Group Hug]
FFNR: Former Fav Noobs of Ralphie!
Think maybe I should slap an annonymous on the end of that?

Oh yeah, and welcome Brian! If we haven't scared you away yet...we'll just try harder! [Evil Laugh]

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

quote:
Raia! You haven't read Enchantment!? What does Marek have to say about that! [Wink]
Eru, why do you think it's up next? [Wink]
Damien
Member # 5611

- posted      Profile for Damien   Email Damien         Edit/Delete Post 
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

I'm not the new guy anymore!

DXM

Posts: 677 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.