FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My Adventure to Portland and the Truth Revealed (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My Adventure to Portland and the Truth Revealed
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Many giggles, many smooches.

So...Hobbes and Annie really are a Hatrack couple now?
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
And how.

photographic proof

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Wow. Hobbes, you have the sleekest, glossiest hair.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
You won't find the tights. Orange tights are impossible to find, without google.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, you're gorgeous. Y'all are the cutest couple.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

ahem.

Oh - you said without google. My bad.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Darnit, Annie's one step ahead of me. Those are much better than what google showed me [Eek!]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Feeling better, Annie? (((((Annie)))))
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

I'm getting there. Sick food is helping. Mmmm..jello.

And attention - innocent young lads - do not click on Myr's link. You have been warned.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Its a warning too late.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Yes, a warning too late, he said to himself, as he quickly closed his browser at work, cursing Myrddin under his breath.
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I guess I’m going to sum up the events on my timeline. And just to try and keep the sap out of the description I’ll just say Annie is perfect right now and try not to focus on it later. [Big Grin]

I arrived in late (about 11:00pm local time) and Narnia et group came to pick me up after dinner with Ralphie’s group (I’m dividing groups by driver by the way). I got in a bit early and walked down to baggage claim. I thought I saw them come in to get me out of the corner of my eye but then they disappeared so I just waited for a while. After 15 or twenty minutes I got bored and walked back up to the area where we got off the plane (or as close as you can get without going through security) where Annie spotted me. I then attempted to explain how my trip went despite the fact that I had been up for about 20 hours and was sick. I’m surprised Narnia let me come in her house after that since I undoubtedly sounded stoned. [Embarrassed]

We then dropped Zotto(!) off and picked up materials for breakfast the next morning. Then due to the fact that we were all exhausted, went to bed. Or at least that’s all I remember doing. [Wink] [Smile]

The next morning we woke semi-early and had Annie make us crepes (which were fantastic). After a bit Ralphie, Nate, and Johnny(NotSoBrovo) came over to have some crepes themselves and watch Ralphie relive her childhood via the pogo stick.

After some more talking we headed off to a coffee shop to meet the rest of the group. Once everyone arrived we sat a round for a bit thinking Nate was checking Hatrack to make sure we were all there only to discover he was just reading new threads. [Razz] Finally we went off to a big bookstore and wandered around. Then off to dinner where I got slightly ill from some really bad orange chicken. Yuck.

Then we walked over to Borders where the signing was and got some good seats. OSC and KACard arrived early and OSC started signing. Finally Ralphie introduced us all to Kristine and we talked for a while (amongst our selves and Kristine) and OSC eventually started talking. He answered a few questions (after a talk about a few basic questions he “pre-answered”) and then started in signing again. Most people had already gotten their books signed so they talked with Kristine for a while but Annie and I still had stuff to sign so we waited in line. Eventually we worked our way up to OSC who proved to be charming and cordial despite the fact that he’d already done another signing.

After some more (fun) talk we all headed are separate ways. Ralphie dropped Jeniwren (whose great by the way) and came back to meet up with the Narnia crew. We went to a crepes place and ended up sitting upstairs in a small, cozy room where we all got to talk about Hatrack for a while. Finally we headed home to get some sleep.

The next morning we woke up late and hung around Narnia’s house for a while (Annie and I went for a walk). In case anyone’s wondering, Narnia is an absolutely great choir director. Eventually Narnia, Laura, Annie, and I went to Church which for some reason meets at three. [Dont Know] After coming back Annie and I stole some salad and then headed off to her old roommate’s house for dinner (which was cooked by Annie’s roommate’s boyfriend and was quite good). After some reminiscing between Annie and her old friend we went back to Narnia’s (with friend and friend’s boyfriend) to watch The Quiet Man and then went to bed.

The next morning we hooked up with Annie’s friend again for a while (just the three of us) for breakfast. Then we went to see the Portland Temple (which looks great by the way), I’ll upload a picture later if Annie doesn’t mind. After that it was time to drop me off at the airport and that ended our weekend.

In case anyone is wondering, my CD player broke and I did indeed end up spending 7.5 hours waiting for the Purdue shuttle at the airport (well 6.5 since the flight was late). Sigh, still, the weekend was very worth it, you guys all rock! [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Katie and Toni are cooler, better looking, and more funny in person than you think.
We didn't tell Nathan and JNSB to say this.

Very often*.

*(blatant lie)

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Here's the temple picture.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Sheesh, guys, don't you think that's a little bit quick?
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

[Razz] [Taunt] [Razz]

Hobbes [Smile]

ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
Hah! Jon Boy! You're one to talk! [Smile]
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abrynne
Member # 5826

- posted      Profile for Abrynne   Email Abrynne         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Cecily has a very giggly sister with a good sense of humor.
Awww MAN! I came off as giggly? I've really been trying to cut down. And I just dropped off my film to be developed today so we'll have some pogo stick and bottle fondling pictures this weekend I hope. ( [Big Grin] )

quote:
Laura = 50% of my hostess charm folks. Couldn't have done it without her and she even came when she ISN'T addicted to hatrack and wouldn't get all our jokes. What a sweet and good sport! She also creamed us all in movie trivia and quotes.
I really did enjoy the signing. I have read all the Ender's Shadow series (that's out anyway) and Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead, and Enchantment so I appreciated everything just the same. And I did get most of the jokes I think, the head squeazing one in particular.
I really actually enjoyed the weekend [Big Grin]

{edit} Annie, I just saw the tights site.....brilliant![/edit] *insert evil laughter here*

[ November 20, 2003, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: Abrynne ]

Posts: 51 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deirdre
Member # 4200

- posted      Profile for Deirdre   Email Deirdre         Edit/Delete Post 
Smarter, funnier, and better looking.

Sheesh, Nate. How many times do we have to go over this?

Posts: 1046 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Once more, Katie. Once more.
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
One of my favorite parts of our outing was when a bunch of us crowded into the OSC section of the bookstore and read the Crystal City acknowledgements section out loud. It was so fun to hear the names of some of our favorite people and read about hatrack in a lovely book while we were all standing there together. Kind of surreal, but really fun.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
VERY surreal. [Big Grin]

I was in the presence of Hatrackian royalty. *is awed*

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deirdre
Member # 4200

- posted      Profile for Deirdre   Email Deirdre         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm...

Now that you mention it, I'm also not all that keen on that last bit, "more funny, cooler, and better looking than you think," which almost makes it sound as though Hatrackers didn't already think we are incredibly funny, cool, and good looking. "Even more funny...than you think" would have been vastly preferable.

But don't worry. No big deal, really. I'm sure you'll do better next time.

Posts: 1046 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
As OSC said at the signing, "Only nice people read my books!"

Jatraqueros are incredibly intelligent, funny, charming, and cool. In person, doubly so.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I just couldn't pass by such a golden opportunity for irony, aka. [Smile]

And let me just say that Hobbes and Annie are a cute couple.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, they are [Smile]
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe no one is making more of the Ralphie-on-a-pogo-stick thing.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

You would believe it if you heard what Ralphie told us would happen if we did. [Angst]

Hobbes [Smile]

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
We're trying to get Ralphie to come back and court us again.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.