FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I am so psyched

Author Topic: I am so psyched
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got the most amazing phone call.

I am having dinner with OSC tonight.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
Well that surely isn't fair to the rest of us coming to Dayton!!!!!!!
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

Oh, yea. [Grumble] good for you. [Grumble] I'm really happy for you. [Grumble]
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
aw, and here i thought you were excited about having lunch with me saturday. [Smile]
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

They have their reasons and I have mine. So I will not be at the signing until closer to the start time.

Don't look for me.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, awesome!! That is so cool!!!!!
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

I am celia.

msquared

beatnix19
Member # 5836

Ok, I'll stop whining now. [Smile] That realy is cool. I'd be really excited too. Have a great time!
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I am celia.

HA! I knew it!
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
msquared is celia? I suppose that explains a lot.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

The truth is out.

msquared

celia60
Member # 2039

i really am ms. quared! i knew it!

this is almost as fun as being geoff. [Smile]

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

Actually mcubed(Mrs. msquared) will be there as well.

And my oldest son's name is Geoff.

Hey wait a second. I'm OSC.

msquared

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I think what msquared meant to say was "I have cilia". My impression is that he just needed to get that off his chest.

Seriously, though, msquared, that's fantastic! I'll bet you have a great time.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
So, M2, you're having dinner with yourself? I do that everyday. Why so psyched?
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

maybe he meant psychotic? he's already admitted to at least 3 personalities.
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
You are NOT!!!

How on earth did you swing that??

[Razz] <-- see how it's a little green, as if with envy maybe? [Big Grin]

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

Because having dinner with myself is more fun then what I usually get to do with myself. [Razz]

msquared

Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! [Hat]
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

then you're doing it wrong.
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] celia
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's POSSIBLE that msquared is OrneryMod, and therefore had a legitimate reason to get OSC to read his invitation. *grin* But if I know msquared at all, he probably wrote OSC and said something like "Hey, you remember that OrneryCon I invited you to, but you couldn't make? I hold one, you know. And if you want to drop by my place now that you're in town, I'll feed you."
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

or we are.

[Confused]

beatnix19
Member # 5836

My early comments aside I am happy that you get to be the luckiest guy alive tonight but I'm also curious ...

quote:
How on earth did you swing that??
quote:
They have their reasons and I have mine.
Is this something you can explain right now? Or is it more personal?
msquared
Member # 4484

Ayelar

Part of it has to do with the fact that I met Kristine at the Dayton book signing last year and invited the Cards to OrneryCon. We sort of kept in contact since then and when they announced the tour I contacted her again and gave her the names of several nice eating places that are located with in 10-15 minutes of the signing place. I also told them that I would love to treat them to dinner and gave them my phone numbers. She said that they usually do not plan that far ahead. But she just called and I set it up. There are other reasons that I can not go into here as to why, but let's just say I can barely work right now.

msquared

Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I know I'd go all stupid and fan-girl if I ever found myself at the same table. Isn't that silly? But I swear to God, I would sit there silent and nervous the entire freaking time. Kind of like the times I met Steve Jobs. I am such an incredible goober when it comes to these things!!

You seem rather calm and collected, though.... um, where will you be eating? And what city are you located in? :: runs off to check priceline.com ::

[Big Grin]

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

Right now I would rather not say where we are eating. Mabye tomorrow I will give all the details.

Check his schedule and you will see where I am.

msquared

celia60
Member # 2039

see? that's how you know he isn't me. i would never have started this thread; i'd have started one tomorrow telling you all how great dinner was. [Wink]
beatnix19
Member # 5836

Hmm... tempted to wonder local dinning establishments.

But... I don't know Kettering very well... may end up lost... if I end up lost I may miss signing... Oh, crap. Looks like a burger on the road and straight to the signing.

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
No Way!
I am so jelous!

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm VERY jealous(especially because I don't expect OSC to come in France), but anyway, have a great time !
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
That's very cool, mē! Have fun. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Wow. I know I'd go all stupid and fan-girl if I ever found myself at the same table. Isn't that silly? But I swear to God, I would sit there silent and nervous the entire freaking time.
lol, I would too. Wait, I do that with anyone that I don't know that well... Well, I would do it more with someone I'm in awe of.

Celia: [ROFL]

Anna: I know how you feel.

[ November 20, 2003, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: Dragon ]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
<--- is so incredibly jealous

Have a good time. [Hat]

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.