FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I prefer to think of it as "casually late."

Author Topic: I prefer to think of it as "casually late."
Superstation
Member # 5775

- posted      Profile for Superstation           Edit/Delete Post 
From all I've heard about Hatrack, it's a place where one can be honest. So here it is -- honesty.

I was in this warm cozy place -- trapped, actually, but willingly so. And while I couldn't hear everything clearly, I could hear, and all these people were talking about due dates and being late, and it finally dawned on me that they were talking about me.

I only have so many choices thus far in life, and one (to a point) was when to make my arrival. I like anticipation to build up, so I can't just show up when everyone expects me. I have to feign that "the world will go on without me" attitude -- not a poor self-image or anything, but if I'm the one saying how cool I am, well how cool is that? I'd much prefer to allow others to talk about how cool I am. It's like Calvin going around healing in France, or so my daddy tells me. He also says I shouldn't use "older" Calvin as an example for most things, but I guess I'll understand that better after I can read, or at least after someone reads me the story.

So I let the anticipation build up, then made my own entrance into the world. Mommy helped, though. And some doctor. Daddy didn't seem to do much, but Mommy still likes him, so he's probably not too bad, even if he's not useful all the time.

So much has happened already, I can't really tell you all of it. I can say that they kept poking my feet, which I didn't like. This red goop oozed out of them, and all those people were like collecting it or something. Weird. Mommy and Daddy both seemed pretty interested in my feet, too -- something about them being straight. They don't look straight to me. Oh, and Mommy has these automatic meal-dispensers, and they're awesome. Speaking of which, I'm hungry, and I'm tired, so I think I'll eat and then take another nap.

I look forward to hearing more from all of you. Currently my parents are screening all my messages; either they're pretty selective, or you people are all very nice. I prefer to assume the latter.

Sincerely,
Superstation

Posts: 7 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Superstation! [Wave] It's good to see you. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

You have an awesome family.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Superstation!!

Eat, be merry, for those feeding stations get locked away soon enough. It will take years for you to get back to them (and then, they won't belong to your mommy).

Don't forget, the only coin you have to pay your way is fertilizer. Make sure to fill up that bag they strapped over you bottom as often as you can. That's the best way to insure the meals will keep coming.

Trust Uncle Raven.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Better late than never, or so I hear. [Wink]

Welcome! [Wave]

[ November 21, 2003, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: Kayla ]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome welcome! We've all been eagerly awaiting your first post.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Superstation !
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Youth ap Orem
Member # 5582

- posted      Profile for Youth ap Orem   Email Youth ap Orem         Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering if your initials are TBS?
Posts: 290 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! We almost held the party without you!

Tell your older brother that we are all thinking of him too. You both look so great in your pictures!

Take care and be good!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zlittlegator
Member # 4446

- posted      Profile for zlittlegator   Email zlittlegator         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the party. If you need any advice, talk to me. I've been here a while now (10 whole weeks), so I know the ropes pretty well.

My Daddy keeps trying to shove a bottle in my mouth. It tastes like the stuff from Mommy, but it's just not the same.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, little one! [Big Grin] Your daddy's been telling us plenty about you before you arrived, and we've been waiting to meet you.

We're all happy you're here, safe and sound. And Daddy's right, don't refer to the older Calvin too terribly often.

Welcome again, sweetie!

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww, your very first post! Your parents must be so proud.

Uncle Raven makes some good points! But I think he forgot one important thing . . .

You need to be sure to test your lungs regularly. See, it's important to be sure that you're growing properly, and lung health is an excellent indicator. So several times a day, you're going to need to use them to your fullest capacity. If this seems to distress your parents, it likely means you're not projecting sufficiently -- try for higher volume and pitch!

Anyway, welcome to Hatrack. We'll listen to you doing your lung exercises anytime.

[ November 21, 2003, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there, guy! It's good to see you following in your family's footsteps here on Hatrack. Hope to see you back here soon, eh?

^_^ Good luck, and keep-a-growin'!!

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
[Kiss] Sorry, I can't help but kiss adorable new babies with dark hair and many chins. Welcome to Hatrack!!! We're already in love with you!

[ November 21, 2003, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
First post three days out of the womb. Good job. And here I was worrying about procrastination . . .

So, Superstation. . . who do YOU think should play Ender? ^_~
(I think it's the only recurring theme he's old enough for . . .)

Q.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
hey if they don't start casting soon he could play Ender...

Welcome Superstation!

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thinking his older brother is a real star. Dozens of pictures we have of him and for every single one he is so "on" for the camera, baby! He dominates the shot. Sure, at the moment he can only do "cute", but his range will expand as he gets older. I think we have the makings of a legend on our hands.

Mooselet for Ender!

Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
My boy's middle name is Ender.

But would you really wish any five year old to use overwhelming force on a classmate?

Yikes!

[ November 22, 2003, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: eslaine ]

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the wide world of Hatrack! I'm as excited to see you as you grow up as I am watching your brother, btw, how's he treating you?
Satyagraha

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there! Nice post for young'un [Hat]
Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack, Superstation! [Wave]

And maybe I should start asking babies to critique my essays, they write so well!! [Wink]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Superstation!

Do you know what the plural of "moose" is?
'Cuz I sure can't figure it out. [Wink]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Superstation.

(ps. Still looking for spawn of my own. Once you hit 12, if you ever get tired of that Moose guy, come look me up.)

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Superstation! At this rate, you'll be ruling the world in six months. Very cool. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, and have fun! Make sure that that older brother of yours includes you in his plans to take over the world!
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.