FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Finished NaNoWriMo...

Author Topic: Finished NaNoWriMo...
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
...and boy, are my arms tired.

Hit the 50,000 word mark this evening. Didn't finish the novel, which looks to be around 70,000 words by the end, but I made my goal.
In fact, after I finished I went back and slashed the heck out of what I'd done already because as I was writing I was thinking of better ways to redo it. Sigh. My inner editor is a real bastard.

Now to catch up. What happened in November, anyway?

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats. I'm probably going to wrap up about 20,000 tonight. Sigh.

[Edit] I managed to make it up to 15,000 on the web site, but I cranked out 17,000 4 minutes after midnight. Sigh again...

[ December 01, 2003, 01:07 AM: Message edited by: MaydayDesiax ]

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
Impressive..
Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
Most impressive.
Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
The entire middle section is crap, Chris. Redo it. REDO IT NOW.

Twenty bucks says you're feeling more insecure about it already...

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
I died in the first week, I had too much going on with school and work, that I didn't have time to write. So I changed my goal to just write everyday, and that I've kept, and I'm going to try to continue.

Still, I hope the nano forums don't go away anytime soon, cause they're helpful.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
What's a NaNoWriMo?

I've been trying to work it out, but not getting very far.

Navy November Write More?
Native Noon Wrinkle Moon? (well, it rhymes...)
Nasal Nonsense and Wriggling Monsters?

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
This is.

http://www.nanowrimo.org/index.php?s=2

Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Fools...

Nathan Novak Writing and Mooning

Na........No.........Wri..............Mo

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, I was sure it was Nathan Novak Writhing and Moaning!
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Chris, that's excellent!

I fizzled before the month even started, what with three trips to Children's in Seattle and a week out of town for work, the month of November was over before it started.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
I made my 50,000. It's actually closer to 80,000 total words so far. Unfortunately, it's two separate stories and neither are finished - or even nearly.

Kudos to you, Chris, who managed to stick to one story even past the stages of loathing. How's it going?

Q.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratz on tht 50,000 words.

I had a much more exact goal to hit, finish the next two chapters in the book I'm working on. Unfortunately I still have about 4 scenes to write up on that second chapter. All together, probably about 15,000 words. Oh well, I did get some stuff done, and considering it took me years to do the first 3 chapters, I am happy.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I died in the first week, I had too much going on with school and work, that I didn't have time to write.
Me too, I only reached 15,000 which isn't that bad seeing as it's me (a personal best) and it's my first NaNoWriMo... but still.

Congrats to those who managed 50,000!

[ December 01, 2003, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: Dragon ]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm leaving it alone for at least a couple of weeks while I catch up on my other stuff, and then I'll go back and see what I can salvage.

If nothing else, it does give you a small glimpse of what it takes to be a writer. You have to produce, every day, no excuses. Oy.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
:relieved this isn't a Mork and Mindy thread:
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.