FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Do you start to worry when.....

Author Topic: Do you start to worry when.....
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
Your parents start calling you by your screen name?

[ROFL]

The last couple of pieces of written correspondance from my parents have saluted me as "TooTrue" - from my old screen name here at Hatrack and my current AIM name, which is most often how I communicate with my folks these days.

Is that weird or what?

Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

Oy vey, Troubadour...

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see the problem. My parents have called me by my screen name practically forever.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I occasionally call Raja "twinky" to his face.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, try getting Annie and Hobbes to stay in your house for 3 days without calling them "Annie and Hobbes." It's just not an easy thing to do. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
What's wrong with "Annie and Hobbes". o_O

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes wouldn't tell us his real name when we met, he insisted we call him Hobbes.

Raia's been one of my best friends for 5 years, the other day I caught myself thinking, 'I have to tell Raia this next time I see her.' It took me a few minutes to realize I had the wrong name.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I still think of Rhaegar as "Rhaegar"; but I mostly think of Raia as her real name; and Marek...I always think of him as his SN.
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desu
Member # 5941

- posted      Profile for Desu           Edit/Delete Post 
That's awkwards, wait and see if you mother calls you that in person, that would be something.

You know you're in trouble when everybody at work, school or whatever starts calling you by your screen name.

Posts: 139 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
That's nothing. I had a friend Chris back in middle school who got the nickname "Willy" (based on his last name) from one of my other friends because we had 4-5 Chris's in our grade, and it was a pain to call them all Chris.

Note, before this (7th grade, I believe), he was universally called Chris.

Now even his mom calls him Willy.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think of Raia by her screen name [Wink] . I pretty much always think of Eruve as Ervue and usually forget it isn't her real name. It is basically the same with blacwolve and Fugu, I think of them by their screen names, and call them by their screen names when ever I mention them unless I make point not to call them that. I mostly call Rhaegar by his screen name except when I'm too lazy because his real name is shorter.

My parents wouldn't call me by my scren name since they aren't on hatrack, but my whole family calls one of my brothers by a nickname he got from his soccer coach. It is even the name on his name tag at work, and on his class ring.

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
You're all making the assumption that I have a different name than this IRL. Silly people. [No No]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Not assume, know. [Evil]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been TRYING to get my parents to call me by my Hatrack name, but alas, no sucess as of yet. All my friends call me by it, I even sign it on letters and messages and such.

"Mayday" is actually derived from a typo of the nicky "Maybay". A friend accidentally typed it in a three-way chat, and the third party refused to forget it. She let it slip to Correlle, and I've been called it ever since.

On the upside, I get a day out of the year dedicated to me: May Day.

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
*And* a Bond Girl, too!
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
Good Heavens, I hope that never happens. Ya'll.
Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.