FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » About « Love Actually » (SPOILERS and whining. Sorry.)

Author Topic: About « Love Actually » (SPOILERS and whining. Sorry.)
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this movie tonight.
It was quite fun, but it’s not the movie of the century.
Though, something moved me.
At the very beginning of the movie, there’s a speech about love and how love actually is everywhere, and it gives the exemple the people in the planes on 9/11, the one who called their families and no one left a hate message, that was always love.
I think that’s f***ing true…
It reminded me that the last words I remember from my mother with all her head were “I love you”.
Well, she wasn’t adressing to me.
But still, remember that made me cry like a baby.
If only I wasn’t such a sissy…
Sorry, I just feel a little bluesy tonight.
[Frown]
By the way, if you want to talk about the movie, go for it ! [Smile]

[ December 05, 2003, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Anna))))

Those were my mother's last words as well. "Tell you dad how much I love him, I love you and your brothers."

*hug*

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Having strong emotions doesn't make you a sissy, just a good person.

((Anna))

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
<<<<Anna>>>> I feel privileged to have you as my acolyte.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
My granny's last words were "Could you make me a little tea, darling? Your tea is always wonderful."

I was alone with her in her bedroom, that time. My mother went to sleep (she was exhausted!) I was scared to death grandmother would pass away. I kept crying and pleading "please, please, don't die, granny."
I smiled when she asked tea and said I prepared it well, because the last time I did it for her, I was like...9 years old(she died last year). Well, when I came back with her tea, she was already gone.
I wonder she sensed what was happening, and sent me away so I would not watch her die. She did not like tea that much, and she was very lucid in the end.
Well...don't know why I'm telling all this. Makes me misty eyed until now. This thread just invited memories.

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry if I made you unhappy, Eduardo.
It's just, you know, I was feeling bluesy and wanted to know there were people around here.
But it was a funny movie, apart of that. Really. As I said, not a movie I will remember all my life, but still good and funny.

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
No, not unhappy. I just...long for her. "Saudade", we call this feeling. To long for someone or something. To tell you the truth, is nice to know she loved me so much that she cared for me until the end.
I'm also feeling bluesy today, and remembering granny give me a little strenght :-)

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I dreamed about my father this past week, and I had not since the last time I was pregnant. I have had very lucid, 'visitation' sort of dreams with my father both times I was pregnant, and I was really, really late over Thanksgiving, so I was convinced I was pregnant again. But I'm not.

Anyway. My father. Not a great man. Not even really a good man, by most accounts. But I know he loved me, and I know he was actually a good man in the end. In these dreams, he tells me he loved me, and we talk about the boys. It's actually very comforting. I just realized that I don't miss him anymore, because it's like he's still with me. That is sooo cliche, but it feels true to me.

Love is what matters most, I think.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd been avoiding Tina's last two phone calls because I knew she wanted to lecture me about something.

The last message she left on my machine was, "Toni - call me. I'm really worried about you."

She died two days later, in a coma, with her hand in mine.

I'm sorry, what were we talking about? [Smile]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I think this thread is oh so much cooler than a discussion about some silly movie would have been.

(We missed you Ralphie. I hope you guys are doing ok.)

(((Anna))) Bluesy days are interesting. You want to say that you don't like them, but sometimes you deserve a day just to think about yourself, your memories and all the things that you usually don't 'have time' to think about. I hope you're not bluesy for long though. We love you.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.