FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » it's 4am, do you know where your wife is?

Author Topic: it's 4am, do you know where your wife is?
slacker
Member # 2559

- posted      Profile for slacker   Email slacker         Edit/Delete Post 
Poor, poor ludosti. She just left to go stay at her parents house for the night cause we've got road crews working just outside our house (ok, more like 80 feet away - through a small park).

I guess she hasn't slept at all tonight (or if so, very little indeed) due to the noise. I guess I'm lucky that I'm a very heavy sleeper (the artilery firings on Ft. Lewis never woke me up [Big Grin] ), but she's a very light sleeper.

Quite often, my moving around or getting up will wake her up (we've got a cali king water bed) or else a cat quietly talking in the night is enough to wake her up.

We'd have gone somewhere else tonight (and tomorrow night) if the stupid city of Chandler would have actually notified us beforehand. This isn't the first time they've done roadwork without notifying us beforehand, either. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Oh well, hopefully she'll be able to get some sleep at her parents, and we can find somewhere else to stay tomorrow night.

Posts: 851 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Or maybe she just told you she's going to her parents'? Huh?

Do you really know where your wife is?

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
It's 9 am and I am now back where I belong!

It was nice to be able to get 4 hours of sleep this morning. I had some weird dreams, probably owing to sleeping in a house I haven't slept in for a while, in a room I'd never slept in.

Unfortunately, I will need to sleep somewhere other than my own house tonight too, since the construction is going on non-stop till sometime tomorrow.

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slacker
Member # 2559

quote:
Do you really know where your wife is?
You're assuming that I know where I am at that time of day (which is really sad cause I'm heading to work at that point).
Posts: 851 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
Chandler, Arizona? That's a lovely place. I've been there! I'm quite familiar with your waste water treatment plant, if it's Chandler Arizona you mean. <laughs>
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Somewhere around that time, my wife was feeding Superstation.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana kata
Member # 5666

No, wait, I have this mental image of ludosti and slacker as Pac NW people. Or am I confused? Anyway, it's probably Chandler, somewhere-else, too bad. [Smile]
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
They're genus Arizonia, species Tusconium, as I recall.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slacker
Member # 2559

Ana kate and Papa Moose are both kind of right. We live in Chandler, AZ (a suburb of Phoenix and where ludosti is from), but I am from the Pacific NW (Washington).

[ December 06, 2003, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: slacker ]

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Yeah, whatever. Like there's any difference between one Arizona city and another.... *wink*
ana kata
Member # 5666

Y'all have a really nice waste water plant! <laughs> And now I know why I had PacNW thoughts. There's a picture of lusti on Mt. Ranier at foo.
ana kata
Member # 5666

I bet it's warm out there now, isn't it? It's freezing here! <Well, not literally freezing but pretty close, like 40s> I'm moving!
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
You bet it's warm in Phoenix! I wear shorts and a T-shirt most of the time. It will be interesting going home to Oregon for a month.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't move up HERE.

Sweet jebus it's cold.

And snowy.

I'm not leaving my apartment today. [Smile]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
...but I am from the Pacific NW (Washington).
Ah! That explains the Ft. Lewis reference. I was confused by Chandler. I was picturing the map of Washington from my Washington State History class in 8th grade and thinking, "Where the *@!$ is Chandler?"
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slacker
Member # 2559

quote:
I bet it's warm out there now, isn't it? It's freezing here!
It's 78 outside right now. Definitely warmer than usual (lusti's gonna be upset that I've got the fans on).

I always think it's funny to see people wrapping their palm trees with xmas lights, and the white tarps that people use to simulate snow in the middle of their rock garden yards.

ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Time for me to be off to sleep in a place further than 100 feet from front end loaders, backhoes, and jackhammers. Unfortunately, it's also more than 100 feet from slacker. [Frown]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mephistopheles
Member # 3250

- posted      Profile for Mephistopheles           Edit/Delete Post 
No, but then I dont have a wife, so she is very difficult to keep track of. But the lack of wife is activly being worked on.

[ December 07, 2003, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Mephistopheles ]

Posts: 110 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. Rehab, like always.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.