FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Is Buffy Below Hatrack?

Author Topic: Is Buffy Below Hatrack?
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering if the topic of Buffy was below the level of hatrack?
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Reagar, just start a thread and see. If it dies, you'll know. If it doesn't, you'll also know. Just do it.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a buffy thread on the other side. I got my milk money stolen for posting on an STNG thread once.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
never saw buffy. i liked a couple episodes of ANGEL though
Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
I am a religious Buffy fan. It's so sad.
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
CT is a buffy fan [Smile]
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Any show that has the high school principal eaten by a tribe of rabid were-hyena's can't be all bad.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

The Hyenas were actually transpossed students, and they don't eat any students, they eat the principle.
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Another principal was eaten by a giant snake-thing (who used to be the mayor).
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

Yes indeed, I love the shot in that episode of the football team coming in full gear to attack a group of vampires form behind, whilst the rest of the school shoots flaming arrows at them, or uses flamethrowers on the mayor.
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved Buffy, alas. I've switched to Angel now, though. It's nice that Spike made the jump, too... makes my transition from one drug to the next less painful. [Smile]
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

I'v missed Angel, how did Spike make it? He got all inceratee and dusty like.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
He got better.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

Thanks Dan, now I understand all.
*Thwacks Dan_Raven with a pickaxe* Insolent Bugger.

JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Spoilers

He got trapped in the amulet that he used to clear out the nest of Uber vamps in the last episode of Buffy. Then the amulet got picked up and sent to Wolfram and Hart and when Angel's posse opened the envelope the amulet brought Spike back in the form of a ghost. He didn't stay in the form of a ghost, but that's a different story...

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a big fan of Buffy, but Angel is my favorite show, I actually only started watching Buffy because Angel is a spin off from it.

Still it is so cool that Spike made the jump to Angel.

*SPOILER (if you haven't seen the end of the season of Angel they are currently rerunnin)*

This is kind of random, but it was so weird when Angel and Spike fought eachother, and beat eachother until they were both injured and bleeding heavily, but their hair wasn't messed up at all, I mean they can't even see their hair in the mirror but it is plastered in place.

*end Spoiler*

Hey, Buffy is on now. *goes to watch Buffy*
[Edit: Angel is also on now, so I'll have to keep flipping back and forth now [Grumble] ]

[ December 15, 2003, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Marek ]

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

*pssst* There's this thing they invented called a VCR. It can record one show while you watch another...
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
The only reason I started watcing Angel (current season and syndication) is because Spike moved onto the show. Buffy's been my favorite show for years.

Without a doubt, Spike is the best, most believable example of character development in a TV series ever. Plus, he's just cool. As a villian. As an anti-hero. And as a genuine hero.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yeah. I liked Buffy. I hated to miss it.
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

Well, Spike technically is still a ghost... he can just touch stuff now. I'm just waiting for him to come in rattling a chain around. [Evil]

The "hell" episode was awesome, though. Quite possibly the best Buffyverse show I've seen.

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I think you missed an episode.

** SPOILER **

He’s a full-fledged unliving vampire again. He and Angel had a big fight over the Shanshu prophecy thing. Spike kicked his ass.

** END SPOILER **

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

You know, I *did* miss an episode... taped over it, damnit. See what I go and miss?
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

Nothing is better than "Once more with feeling"

I know all the lyrics to all the songs, I'm sad.

Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Never seen an episode. But I can can recognise all cast members on sight and relate at least one outstanding personality trait about them all.

I have this friend...

*sigh*

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

Remember the buffybots commentaries on Anya, "Ex-Demon, Xanders Girlfriend, Likes Money"
Dagonee
Member # 5818

"Hello Anya. How is your money?"
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually have James Masters sining "rest in peace" on my other computer, I really liked that song

oh, quote pages from the Internet Movie Databse

qoutes from Buffy The vampire Slayer

quotes from Angel

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

"Martha Stuart's a witch? I knew it."
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
I never watched TV until we moved into the dorm. My roommate watches Angel every day, and now I do too. It is now really driving me crazy to be home for christmas without cable and not able to watch it.....I'm going to kill my roommate for doing this to me.
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
Toretha, what you just wrote is exactly what has happened to me. My roommate loved the show and has got me hooked on it too.

I just like how the dialogue seems believable. What I mean by that is, occasionally the characters say stupid/inappropriate things that gives "Angel" and "Buffy" a humor and a feeling of realism that other shows lack.

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
I got into Buffy for a bit when it first came out. What hooked me was the title song, "Sugar Water" by Cibo Mato. I became really big fans of them and would watch the show to check out the newest song. (ok ok I MAY have also been watching to catch a glimpse of Angel)
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
It took me a long time to get into Buffy because I remember the movie, but I like it now. Angel I don't care so much for; I don't know why.
Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
My in-laws (!) got me hooked on Buffy when we visited them for a few weeks after Robert was born. I was an addict after that.

I watched Angel from the beginning, but sort of lost interest after Quinn died. Then I heard that it got a lot better the following season, but it was too late-- I was lost.

So now, I'll just have to rent the dvds and catch up. Because I loves me Spike! I never thought Angel was at all attractive, but Spike! Failed poet, tormented soul... just love 'im!

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

"Buffy's life and I'm not there, I hope she burns and fries, I'm free if that bitch dies... I better help her out.... (Time Change) First I'll saver her then I'll kill her" A great song. And yes rest in peace is great!
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
Now I know how people who haven't read LotR feel when they wander onto our threads about it. [Smile] I haven't seen Buffy or Angel but I thought I'd peek in and see what it was about. Sounds interesting.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.