FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Old School Hatrack (under 2000 only) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Old School Hatrack (under 2000 only)
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
If we could only resurrect old Hatrack.... My original registration date was Nov. 1996.

But, those were the days of the Numenor....

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I get depressed when I think of all the hilarious threads that have gone forever. [Frown] I'll just have to start printing every single one of them! [Smile] Just kidding. I'll just bump it until I get sick of it.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaeron
Member # 744

- posted      Profile for Chaeron   Email Chaeron         Edit/Delete Post 
More like the days of the Lamps of the Valar.
Posts: 1769 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
It's all good, Narnia

[Cool]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
It's not that I'm uncool. I'm just fashionably late.
Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
jehovoid definitely just got my points for the day.
[Smile]

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
efrum
Member # 6030

- posted      Profile for efrum   Email efrum         Edit/Delete Post 
Posting to this thread is a dilemma. I mean, the more I post to it, the closer I get to losing club eligibility. Now what fun is that [Frown]
Posts: 43 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IdemosthenesI
Member # 862

- posted      Profile for IdemosthenesI   Email IdemosthenesI         Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone wants proof that a low member number doesn't necessarily translate to a good contribution to the community, simply look at me!
Posts: 894 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I just hit my 290's.

It's nice to see some old screenames again though. Although I have but one screename, I fear I'm not cool enough for two [Frown]

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
efrum
Member # 6030

I can see it's going to be a long road getting to know everyone here. [Frown] Multiple screen names are confusing...
Posts: 43 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

Okay, when I said it's nice to see some old screenames I meant to exclude Tom [Taunt]
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
*posts just to see if he makes the cut*
Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm member #381????

but... but... I still feel like such a noob

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MormonFunk
Member # 6002

- posted      Profile for MormonFunk   Email MormonFunk         Edit/Delete Post 
[Grumble]

[Big Grin]

Posts: 11 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, shoot! I forgot to bring the chips. I'll be right back.
Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Annie, it's only fair that we should count the big mouth lion days if we're playing this game! You and Saudade are the only two people left (I think) who were already here when I came. I don't know which of you was first.

I think our posts over there should count toward our post counts, too, don't you? [Smile] Though we posted so seldom in those days compared to now. I remember when I was the first one to reach 300 (yes, only two zeroes) on this forum, how people asked me to make a speech! <laughs> Lots of people pass 300 in their first month now. And we thought that was a lot of posts. That is so funny! For a long time I had the highest post count over here on UBB but I was glad when people began to pass me. (There must be a dozen people who have more than me now.) I always felt like it showed only too painfully clearly, just exactly how much of a life I had. [Smile] I'm very glad to be back in the anonymity of the pack now.

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody asked me how I got my registration date to show like this. [Smile] It's a deep dark secret. Only the truly elite can do it. <giggles>
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I kind of like the thought, however silly and arbitrary this whole age thing is, that those of us who were on BML are like Noldor. [Smile]

[ December 17, 2003, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, just wait until Men come along and take over.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe I only poked my head out of lurkdom three times in the entire time I hung around BML. All three of the people I directly interacted with back then have posted in this thread. That should count for something, but I have no idea what.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wussy Actor
Member # 5937

- posted      Profile for Wussy Actor   Email Wussy Actor         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to post on Big Mouth Lion. Mostly on the VBS side. I was elcheeko back then. I was only around for about six months before real life caught up with me. But I’m glad to be back. And I think astronomical member numbers are sexy.
Posts: 288 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

<still waits for a reaction from Tom> [Angst]
efrum
Member # 6030

WA, I'm disturbed to know that, somehow...
jRc
Member # 1335

- posted      Profile for jRc   Email jRc         Edit/Delete Post 
*Does a little old-school jig*
Posts: 563 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
I was at big mouth lion also mostly at the VBS side. where all the crazys are , actualy im still there. i remember when Saudade was commanding Raptor army and i was still a luanchy back in 97.

[Wave] [Blushing] [Hat]

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bonniet
Member # 240

- posted      Profile for bonniet   Email bonniet         Edit/Delete Post 
[Evil]
Posts: 23 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Im under two thousand, but I'v only been here a couple of months (3-4) so am I allowed in?
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh, well, we have to have some reason to tell ourselves we're cool.
I think the point, really, is to get other people to tell you.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

We're talking Member Number's Fool.

Ha Ha, that looks mean, but I didn't intend it to be.

Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn that Belgarath! He just disappears for eons then pops in just when its inconvenient [Wink]

I remember BML. I used to post then. Not a lot though. Maybe even less than I do now. But I remember the change over. Boy I feel old. [Sleep]

Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belgarath
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Belgarath   Email Belgarath         Edit/Delete Post 
have you meet Polgera Wendy I could have sworn you sounded just like her. ;O)

[Eek!]

Posts: 40 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, my. [Angst]
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Feyd!
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
I posted on Fresco in the BML days. And here, in the writers forums. I was in one of the first writers groups started. And I've been in a bunch since then. Has any writers group lasted since those days?
Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taberah
Member # 4014

- posted      Profile for Taberah           Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, I've been here since the BML days, and I'm pretty sure my total post count is still below 2,000 when you combine all my screen names. What can I say? Real life keeps intruding.

My first real introduction to Hatrack was when John Hanson soundly rebuked me for some less than wise (or considerate) things that I said about LDS. How young I was . . .

Posts: 224 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
They aren't supposed to last that long. They tend to dissolve and reassign after about a year or so. Or that is the theory.

*rambles into the thread without mentioning how cool she is and that she lurked in Valinor and briefly posted*

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

If they aren't supposed to last that long, then they're working beautifully.
Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Destineer
Member # 821

- posted      Profile for Destineer           Edit/Delete Post 
OLD SCHOOL. [Cool]
Posts: 4600 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

You know what's funny? I recognize a lot of you, with your low post counts, better than some of the 2 and 3,000 posters out there now.

::Hears The Wonder Years theme off in the distance somewhere::

Um, nevermind.

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a quantity/quality thing, methinks. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John L
Member # 6005

- posted      Profile for John L           Edit/Delete Post 
Says the guy with nearly 14,000 posts.
Posts: 779 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

Hey, no one here said they remembered ME.
Theca
Member # 1629

*patpat*

I lurked off and on for years before I joined, because I didn't own a computer and I didn't feel comfortable getting my own password on the library computers at the hospital. Tom, your posts are really the only ones I remember from those days. Well, I remember some OSC I CHALLENGE THEE posts, too, but that's not the same.

Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

No, no! You just ruined my point! Now I'm going to have to claim that my posts are just that much MORE memorable....

*laugh* Okay, so maybe quantity plays some role. [Smile]

Theca
Member # 1629

Haha, well, all I know is that I was really impressed with the thoughtful, intelligent posts I was reading in the middle of the night while on call. I kept coming back to look for more.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.