FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Mystery of Time and Space

Author Topic: The Mystery of Time and Space
Gottmorder
Member # 5039

- posted      Profile for Gottmorder   Email Gottmorder         Edit/Delete Post 
http://server-admin.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/motas/mystery/testgame.htm

It's a very fun, yet annoying puzzle solving game. Try it out. [Smile]

Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I think all of what you said is true except for the fun part. Actually, this isn't a lot different from my kids trying to play tomb raider. And they never get sick of that.

[ December 17, 2003, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
It was fun. Now it's irritating. The stupid triangular object obviously goes in the security panel, but it won't go there, and nothing else does anything. (The wood is in the fireplace burning, but the radiator is still untouchably hot.)
Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gottmorder
Member # 5039

- posted      Profile for Gottmorder   Email Gottmorder         Edit/Delete Post 
[Dr. Evil]You got to use the frikken laser[/Dr. Evil] [Cool]
Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
My 7 year old got the locker open while I was gone to the kitchen [Eek!]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
efrum
Member # 6030

- posted      Profile for efrum   Email efrum         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so I've got a pin and an unopenable disc case. But I can't figure out how to use the pin to open the case. Am I just being stupid?
Posts: 43 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
I've gotten as far as the wheels that need to be put on the pipes. I need a red wheel. I have a pen and paper, but I can't write or draw anything to put in the mail snail.
Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm stuck in the same spot.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Okay, make sure the lamp is off on the desk. Lay the paper down on top of the letter from Max and use the pen on the trace paper.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't get the d**n green light puzzle on level 12. *grumble*
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Yeah, that one was retarded and took a lot of work. I can't suggest a strategy except push all of the "off" lights to one corner and try to hammer them out. The puzzle clears when you only have four lights off.

[ December 17, 2003, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: Primal Curve ]

Law Maker
Member # 5909

- posted      Profile for Law Maker   Email Law Maker         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. I just finished. It was easy.

Does this constitute bragging?

Posts: 46 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gottmorder
Member # 5039

The green wall puzzle is pretty difficult. What I can say is this. Start at the upper left hand corner, light up that entire colum. On the next column, light up any unlit blocks by clicking on the block to their right. Do not black out anyones already lit. Do this down the column, and do the same for the next. Four will be unlit in the end, but the puzzle will be solved.
Morgoth
Member # 5961

- posted      Profile for Morgoth   Email Morgoth         Edit/Delete Post 
Yea, I'm done, to bad there wasn't really an ending, that sort of cast a shadow over the whole thing.
Posts: 8 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cyruseh
Member # 1120

- posted      Profile for cyruseh   Email cyruseh         Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone help me? Ive gotten through the green wall, and Ive gotten to the last room, where there is a laser force field blocking the way to a door, and the numbers 123 and E are on the wall on the left. I cant figure out how to get through!
Posts: 879 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

put the spare bulb into the lamp in the room with the secret passage. It should light up a message on the wall. Push the lamp up and down to see the entire sequence to unlock the laser forcefield.
cyruseh
Member # 1120

Thank! now hopefully this should be my last question. I got the field down, but the door is locked, any suggestions?
Posts: 879 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate you Gottmorder, for posting this.

Now I'm stuck on Level 3 and can't seem to figure out what to do next.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
efrum
Member # 6030

I finished it up yesterday, but forgot to post. [Smile] But whoever said it was easy [Angst] Are you just trying to make me feel bad?

efrum

Posts: 43 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cyruseh
Member # 1120

so... about that door... [Smile]
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
You entered in the code, right?
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cyruseh
Member # 1120

Yeah, i got the red field down, but now the door is locked..
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Okay, I'm in the room with the weird walkbridge. Got the bridge up and the tiles in place and the head unlocked the door -- but I can't get the bridge back DOWN so that I can go through the door. Help!

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cyruseh
Member # 1120

i think if you click the left (or maybe the right) post it should come back down.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
You should've gotten a key somewhere. I'm trying to remember where exactly that key was. Have you checked all the cabinets?
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm stuck at the keyboard... with the locked door I've gotten the first part of the computer done, but I can't figure out what to do after that, IOW I have the passcode to use the computer, but can't unlock the door.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

bless you cyruseh...

I thought I had tried that a hundred times, but this time it worked. Must have just not been at exactly the right spot.

FG

Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn. I forgot to use a condom and now I have an STD. [Grumble]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

Never Mind, I figured it out.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cyruseh
Member # 1120

I looked through all the cupboards for any key, and couldnt find any [Frown]
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok I feel dumb, I'm in the second and third rooms with the computer. The problem is that there isn't anything I can pick or lift up to find the access code to the next door.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Pull up the chair in the room with the lamp. Then you can pull the locker key from the ceiling lamp. That should open one of the lockers in that room (or another) that will have the key.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

raveneth, how did you get past the first part of the computer?

There's the mouse and the disc drive but I can't get them to do anythign.

aJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

AJ, a lot of the keypads are just puzzles. You don't always need an access key.
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in the room with the panel that starts out with smiley faces and you have to pick the wrong one. How many of these do I have to go through?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

About 20 or so.

I hated that puzzle. I'm colorblind and had to look really hard to make out the differences in some of the greens and yellows.

zgator
Member # 3833

AJ, there's a box with a disc in it on top of cabinet or something.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cyruseh
Member # 1120

I did all that... and... and... its over??? man. I thought there would be at least one more level.
zgator
Member # 3833

raventh1
Member # 3750

cyruseh you got past the laser gates?
raventh1
Member # 3750

BannaOj I was talking about another computer that is later on, one you can press keys
cyruseh
Member # 1120

yeah, i finished it, any questions?
efrum
Member # 6030

Raventh,

Leave that room adn try to find the code somewhere. You have to enter a code. You may have to use your key to get it [Wink]

[ December 19, 2003, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: efrum ]

raventh1
Member # 3750

I just beat it.
I kept trying to do the code backwards...

BannaOj
Member # 3206

getting the hang of this now!
Law Maker
Member # 5909

- posted      Profile for Law Maker   Email Law Maker         Edit/Delete Post 
So what is up with that stuff that happens after you go through the airlock? Creepy!
Posts: 46 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

I'm can't get past the final red gate. I can't get it to turn off. I found the code with the lamp upstairs, but can't figure out where to use it at.
zgator
Member # 3833

Come on people.

I want to finish this thing.

zgator
Member # 3833

Never mind. It sucks when you miss the obvious.
cyruseh
Member # 1120

umm, there are two final red gates. Is the one you're dealing with, a "solid" translucent red wall? or is it a series of red lasers that go from side to side.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.