FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » mack makes me fightin' mad!

Author Topic: mack makes me fightin' mad!
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
So I will start a fight with her!

*gets ready to rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrumbbbbble*

She objects to my use of qualifiers, when clearly my attempt is merely to put people at ease. For instance: "You MIGHT want to put that gun down." or "You don't look AS fat in those jeans."

Bring it on, mackalicious!

*puts up puny fists*

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*gets stick*

You TOLD ME, "You don't look AS FAT." That means that that I DO look fat, but not AS FAT as before.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, jexx called her mackalicious, but still wants to fight with her. I think they're just fighting to relieve the sexual tension.
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

Well, you already know that you don't look as fat as before, because you lost weight!

*is as clueless as a man who has been asked 'do I look fat in these jeans?'*

Stop asking me foolish questions, and I will stop giving you insulting answers! [Wink]

I think that qualifiers are like TomDavidson's [Smile] j/k thing.

"You MIGHT want to put down that thumping stick, mack."

*shakes puny fists*

(edited: AARGH! Everyone's posting too fast! I also call mack mackadoodle, doesn't mean I think she's a chicken! We need more Ralphie luvvin' to teach newbies about nonsexual sexual innuendo. Aargh. Miss Ralphie)

[ December 28, 2003, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: jexx ]

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a reason why I won't let jexx touch me.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

You MIGHT want to start running. AS FAT. [Mad]
jexx
Member # 3450

HA!

Just try and catch me from waaaaaaaaay over ===>there in NH.

*waggles fingers at mack*

Running.

As if.

mackillian
Member # 586

I have a fast car. I have two speeding tickets to PROVE IT. *adds baseball bats to trunk with stick*
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Tsk. [No No] The correct answer to "Do I look fat in this ______?" is always the same.

Do NOT pause. Do NOT think. Whatever you do, DO NOT stare thoughtfully at the garment in question.

Simply say, as quickly as you can spit the words out, "No, of course not!"

Your life may depend on learning this.

Bonus points are awarded to anyone who can manage the phrase while still half-asleep.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
You girls need to wear the proper athletic gear if you want to play with baseball bats.

*gets out umpire's mask, and padded vest*

Play ball!

-OR-

Let's get it on!

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, when Mack sits around the house, she sits AROUND the house.

*rim shot*

[Big Grin]

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

I didn't SAY, "Do I look fat in this?"

I showed jexx how my pants are all giving me saggy bum. So jexx announced, "Well, you don't look AS FAT."

[Mad]

Now I have MORE of a complex! *thwaps jexx*

mackillian
Member # 586

Stormy, just so you know, I AM flipping you off right now. Really.
jexx
Member # 3450

Pfft.

*waves hand dismissively*

This is all foolish, of course. Inside, you are a shiny beam of light, and as we all know, my favorite color is shiny.

And I didn't mean to say 'massive shoulders', by the way, I meant 'magnificent shoulders'.

*is not physically afraid of mack*

*is afraid of mack messing with her head*

*has excellent health insurance should mack break any of her bones*

*does not have trustworthy psychiatrists with her current health care system*

*hides*

mackillian
Member # 586

I FORGOT about that. MASSIVE SHOULDERS? What chick wants massive shoulders? [Frown]
Lead
Member # 918

- posted      Profile for Lead   Email Lead         Edit/Delete Post 
Do I need to send you two to your corners?

~~~Lead

Posts: 247 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

Chyna from the WWE...

Apparently Jennifer Garner from Alias...

Angela Bassett has large shoulders too...you can see them in the movie Strange Days.

mackillian
Member # 586

But massive shoulders?

And Lead, I can take you both!

jexx
Member # 3450

Also, an oldie but goodie, Cybill Shepherd. She has what are known as 'swimmer's shoulders'. Very lovely in her younger days. Her show 'Cybill' just put me off. Ahh...but remember 'Moonlighting'? That was a good show.
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

Moonlighting was so dreamy...*sighs*

That show so sucked after they slept together, but the actual episode where they did sleep together was a classic...

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Roseanne Barr has really big shoulders,too.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved Moonlighting!

The day it shows up on non-cable-syndication, I will be very happy.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
People here remember Moonlighting? (Happy sigh)

I'd still like to find someone that remembers Buck Rogers from the 25th Century. As I recall, what's-her-face (the clothed one) had shoulders, too.

Bee-dee bee-dee [Razz]

mack, don't worry about it! i fail to see how you could have even an ounce of superfluous flesh given the mountains you run up and down. it's obviously all muscle! which is a good thing!

(Edit: spelling)

[ December 28, 2003, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: Shan ]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember Moonlighting. Loved that theme song. They were the precursors to Scully and Mulder, but without the brooding exteriors... well at least for David... and the bizarre stuff happening.

I remember Buck Rogers, too. The name Erin Grey keeps floating to the top of my murkied memory, but I can't recall if that was the name of the actress or her character. Or, maybe it's just the sanity creeping in.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Erin Grey was the actress -- wasn't the character Colonel Wilma Deering?
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
That's it!!!

[Hail]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.