FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Boulder Experience: Cheesecake and Pearl Street

Author Topic: The Boulder Experience: Cheesecake and Pearl Street
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I've tried to put this off, hoping that someone else would do it if I waited long enough, but I finally decided to give in. As much as I don't think I am the best for the job, I wanted to share the highlights of our little get together on Friday with the rest of Hatrack. I mean, what's the use of having a get together if you can't make a few people jealous of you? ...Yeah, that's it...Anyway...

So, the adventure began when Hobbes reserved our table under the name of 'Hobbes' (what else? [Smile] ). It was rather amusing to have the serious looking maitre'd (I have no idea if that is spelled right) call out, "Hobbes, table of 5". [Big Grin]

Once Hobbes found Narr and Temposs (he was delegated to the job because he was tall enough to see over the crowd of people waiting), we were seated at our table. The meal itself was very enjoyable. Here are some of the more interesting parts:

• Temposs and Hobbes tallied points for and against (mostly against [Wink] ) our rather slow waiter, docking his tip when necessary. Editorial note: No need to worry for our waiter, we didn't *actually* dock him. [Smile]
  • Ravenclaw, Hobbes and I marveled at the fact that we were all involved in the same musical in high school (Hello, Dolly!), and I managed not to meet either of them.
  • Narrativium threatened Hobbes with his butter knife. What can I say? He's pretty scary! [Evil]
  • We all discussed the potential meanings of "tuxedo cream". [Confused]
  • Hobbes, who doesn't like cheesecake (go figure!), completely (and I mean completely) cleared his plate and several baskets of bread. [Razz]
After we were all pleasantly stuffed, we voyaged out to the foreign realm of Pearl Street Mall. We found a couple fascinating art stores. (Seriously though, what was up with that warrior neon-chain mail lady?? [Eek!] ) Following our cultural enlightenment (those metal animal sculpture thingys were SO cool!), we decided to lighten the mood by venturing into a rather crowded toy store. Fun times were had by all.
One parking ticket later, Narr had to leave and the party disintegrated. Overall, it was a very enjoyable afternoon, and I think Hatrackers should come visit Colorado more often (Don't you think so Hobbes & Ravenclaw?). We had a random guy on the street take our picture, but I'm not cool enough to have a digital camera so you'll have to wait and see when I use up the roll of film. Sorry about that.

So yeah, there it is according to my recollection. Feel free to add things Narr, Temposs, Hobbes, or Ravenclaw! Hope to see you all again soon.

[ December 29, 2003, 01:19 AM: Message edited by: hansenj ]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
It wasn't that long a get together so I don't really have anything to add except I also had a really great time! Thanks for organizing it, and thanks to everyone else for coming. [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ravenclaw
Member # 4377

- posted      Profile for ravenclaw           Edit/Delete Post 
well there was the pepper shaker. that was cool.
Posts: 252 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

[ROFL]

yeah it was.

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to live in Boulder! My sister was born there...such a beautiful place, we went back and visited about five or six years ago. I love it there [Smile]
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm jealous! Sorry I couldn't get there. IT sounds fun, and I miss Boulder (sometimes).
Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you actually going to TELL us about the pepper shaker? Or was that simply to taunt us?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds like so much fun!

So, you three went to the same high school, were involved in the same musical, and still didn't meet? That's so bizarre!

Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Drowning in a sea of jealousy. I hope your happy now.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

Oh, sorry rivka! [Smile] I think it was one of those things that is funnier at the time, but I'll explain it anyway. The gist of it is that the waiter walked up just as we were discussing stealing the salt shaker. When he left, Narr hid the pepper shaker in a basket of bread so the waiter would think we had stolen it. Problem was, Hobbes (who was unaware of the hidden pepper shaker) asked for another basket of bread, and the waiter took the old one away. We all laughed as Narr went, "Well, there goes the pepper shaker." Ironically enough, when the waiter brought the bread back, he had refilled the same basket instead of giving us a new one, so we were reunited with our dear pepper shaker. Yeah, not so funny when I explain it [Roll Eyes] ...oh well.

Yes, Javert, it's true I failed to meet Ravenclaw and Hobbes when we did Hello, Dolly. It gets worse though, Ravenclaw was in the chorus (and so was I), and I was the costume crew head which means I had to at least talk to her a few times when getting her measurements and her costumes. But I don't remember it. [Embarrassed] I guess I could blame it on the fact that I was a lofty senior that year and they were lowly sophomores. But that's lame. [Embarrassed]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*snickers* Ok, so I'm easily amused, but I liked the Saga of the Pepper Shaker.

(Memo to self: If ever any of the CO contingent should visit, hide all pepper shakers in advance.)

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes was also the only one who didn't have any avacado. But in the end, we stole his individuality.
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I want it back! It was $93.50 down at the corner drug store and that's not peanuts to a poor college student like me. [Frown]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

Oh yeah! I forgot about that. [Smile]
Temposs
Member # 6032

- posted      Profile for Temposs           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it was ME who stole Hobbes' individuality! He was gloating about how he was truly an individual because he didn't order a dish with avocado nor does he like avocado. But I showed him, didn't I? I had a dirty trick up my sleeve, literally! [Evil Laugh]
I have the same watch as Hobbes, and I noticed it. But I had mine hidden in my sleeve. So at the appropriate time I revealed my own and thus demonstrated how he was just a clone like the rest of us. [Taunt]
It was a great time overall. The art stores and the toy store gave us much to look at and laugh at. And I also got to go to Miss hansenj's church on Sunday! It was fun and I would go again.

Temposs

Posts: 106 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a great time.

<insert appropriate level of jealousy here>

[Hail]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
*steals Bob's pepper shaker*
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! [Mad]
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I would just like to say that Hobbes is a cool guy. He's just like I thought he would be. Too bad I forgot my camera so I couldn't get any pictures of the group.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool [Smile]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

The Cheesecake Factory [Big Grin] It was yummy.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.