FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Nasssty Elven Bread....

Author Topic: Nasssty Elven Bread....
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, not quite. But aren't those boxes of chocolates supposed to have sheets with the identities of each chocolate inside? Mom gave me a box for Christmas, but I only like certain kinds and would prefer to avoid the others, such as the cherry cream (yechh). *sigh* Caramels and chocolate creams are nice, as are solid chocolates (not in this box, sadly).
Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Try this.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Just pretend you're sampling from Bertie Bott's Every Flavored Beans and embrace the adventure!
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Or just get a knife and cut every one in half, and put back the ones you don't want. Sure, people'll think you've got a screw loose, but proper chocolate enjoyment is, I think, included in the Bill of Rights.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
me, i'd go for plain old truffles... like dark chocolate ones as I hate-
cocoanut in chocolate
fruit in chocolate
other such nasty things and I perfere the pure chocolate
but i tdoes suck to think, mmm. nugent or truffles and get COCONUT! [Grumble] [Mad]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fishtail
Member # 3900

- posted      Profile for Fishtail   Email Fishtail         Edit/Delete Post 
There is no bad chocolate, only bad fillings for chocolate...and you can do like my little cousin and only eat the outside of every one...
Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Give your mom back a box of monstrously bad chocolates. I'm sure there are some out there filled with banana cream or something. She'll learn the lesson.
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
My grandmother worked for a chocolatier for a few years. She could tell exactly what kind of candy it was from the unique shape and design of the candy itself.

Grandmothers have nice little knacks like that.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Lindt chocolate form Switzerland, yummm.
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Rhaegar, are those those little foil wrapped chocolate balls of various flavors that you see for sale in coffee shops, bookstores, and health food stores? If so, yep, they're delicious.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you know what they say, Macc:

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what one you're gonna get."

I'm with Bob, embrace the adventure.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
My grandmother...could tell exactly what kind...from the unique shape and design of the candy

[ December 29, 2003, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually Aspectre, I've had those.

They are goood.

I mean, Goooooooood.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hugh57
Member # 5527

- posted      Profile for hugh57   Email hugh57         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
aren't those boxes of chocolates supposed to have sheets with the identities of each chocolate inside?
No. You're not supposed to know. That's why a box of chocolates is such a perfect metaphor for life. You're not supposed to know what happens next. [Razz]
Posts: 241 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.