FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Meeting Hatrackers at HansenJ’s house

Author Topic: Meeting Hatrackers at HansenJ’s house
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
We actually didn’t meet for that long, about 2 hours, but the 4 of us are cool enough to deserve our own thread, right? [Wink]

Well Jennie came to pick me up and brought me back to her house where she was given the opportunity to show off her iPod that she had gotten for Christmas. Why don’t they have a stop button? I was so confused.

After a bit Jon Boy and Ruth showed up, and I have to say Jon Boy was exactly as I imagined him (right down to the voice [Eek!] ) but Ruth wasn’t quite. Not sure how but they were both darn cool. [Cool]

We spent the entire time playing Knights of Catan and eating up just about all the sweets in Jennie’s house (Jon Boy was in charge of that effort, and I must say he did a spectacular job [Wink] ). Jennie won the game handedly (she seemed to be an expert) with the rest of us having identical points (except I got an extra 2 point boast for the longest road), so of course when she wasn’t looking Jon Boy and I short sheeted her bed. [Evil]

OK so we didn’t but only because we had to leave. I had a wonderful time and can attest to all three of them being very cool (this kind of cool: [Cool] ). Thanks for coming everyone, and thanks to Jennie for hosting! [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ January 01, 2004, 03:03 AM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Eating sweets is one of my favorite jobs. I think I had three brownies, a cookie, and quite a bit of toffee.

And you know, Hobbes's voice is how I imagined it, too. Spooky.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Like Christopher Walken?
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

Sorry, but Hobbes with a Christopher Walken voice just made me laugh hysterically for 5 minutes.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] I had tons of fun as well. Two Hatrack shindigs in rapid succession...how lucky am I? [Big Grin] You three are welcome at my house anytime. Especially if I can beat you at Settlers again. [Wink]
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I the only one who wants to know how to short-sheet a bead?

I've always used string for my beads . . .

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
You short sheeted her bed.

I am so proud. [Big Grin]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

I love Christopher Walken, best charecter actor ever! I feel like reading The Raven outloud now. [Evil Laugh] [Wink]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

So I'm bumping my own thread, let the man without sin cast the first stone. [Wink]

Hobbes [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.