FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack New Years Resolutions

Author Topic: Hatrack New Years Resolutions
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
I will become a more positive thinker this year. From now on, the glass will be half full!
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gottmorder
Member # 5039

- posted      Profile for Gottmorder   Email Gottmorder         Edit/Delete Post 
My resolution is to punch anyone who asks me what my resolution was. [Big Grin]
Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

[Angst]
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
I will not get online in the morning before work.

I will accept that I am a limited being, and not berate myself for outcomes that are less than perfect when I am doing the best I know how.

I will pause to redirect myself toward worthy long term goals at least one time each day.

I will choose my own path and not let myself become a pinball batted hither and thither by outside forces.

I will find ways to work into my posts more cool archaic words like hither and thither.

[ January 01, 2004, 12:44 AM: Message edited by: ak ]

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I resolve to not drink the crappy champagne that my dad buys next year. Because it was GROSS.

Other than that, I resolve to take care of my braces so I can try to shave some of this two years off...

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
To prevent repeat threads!
[Big Grin] [Razz]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

Damn! So sorry Nick-I didn't look hard enough to find that thread! [Blushing]
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Relax, I was just teasing you. [Wink]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I will accept that I am a limited being, and not berate myself for outcomes that are less than perfect when I am doing the best I know how.

That is a VERY worthy resolution. It's one that I had for a long time but couldn't quite put into words and after many years of undue stress because of my imperfections, I am MUCH better at accepting them. I really like that one ak. That's why I'm your acolyte.

Happy New Year everyone! How long will it take you to get used to writing "2004" on your checks and other important documents? It always takes me forever!

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
My first resolution is thusly:

To finish my thank-you notes for my Christmas gifts and send the notes on Monday, January 5th. That is an easy one, and has quick gratification. I dig that.

Resolution the Two-eth:

To move out of the NorthEast. This resolution is dependent upon the mercy of the Army, so...well, maybe it will be a Resolution for 2005...

Thricely Resolved:

Return to school for at least one class. I miss my brain. It is out of practice.

Fourthly do I pronounce my Resolution:

To write in the spiffy new journal I bought myself for Christmas at least once a week.

Finally sez I:

I Resolve to not worry about my Resolutions, as that just increases the likelihood of slacking off.

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Not to sleep on my back. Ooooooooooow.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.