FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bob-ographies

Author Topic: Bob-ographies
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I've been gradually reading over different landmark threads from you old-timers, in an effort to better get acquainted with my Hatrack family, since I'm thoroughly addicted now and you're going to be stuck with me for a few years....

And I happened across Bob_Scopatz's 10,000th landmark, in which he says:
quote:
Well, I have to say that I doubt I will hit 11,000 posts. I don’t think I will ever catch up to or pass Tom. My posting levels are dropping. I am only posting in the truly fluff threads and then usually only if I started them. I’m turning into a lurker. Worse yet, I’m not even a good lurker, as I don’t bother reading most of the threads anyway. I turn on Hatrack and sigh
Which, of course, is followed just a very few months later with his 11,000th landmark post (FAQ -- very entertaining).

But, Bob -- where is the 12,000th? No landmark there? We have a whole new list of FAQ's for you!

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
[whisper]I think Farmgirl has a crush on Bob.[/whisper].
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

I find him "intriguing", okay?

No stalking or anything -- just distance admiration....

[Big Grin]
FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
*flexes "muscles"*
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL BtL...

Farmgirl, I'm intriguing the way things in Petri dishes are intriguing. And, yes, I do grow on you.

Anyway, I didn't do a 12,000 post landmark because:

1) I couldn't think of anything new and different to say,
2) I still haven't passed Tom D.
3) I was kind of depressed and didn't want to leave a legacy of some downer post about my messed up (temporarily) life.
4) It was before I knew you were intrigued.

[Big Grin]

I may do a 13,000 one, even though Tom D. has already passed that landmark and he continues to deny us the pleasure of his landmarking his landmarks.

Sheesh!

But if you have a frequently asked question, you should feel free to add it to the other thread. Nothing builds a Hatracker's ego like a good bump, y'know!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, once you pass 10,000, you don't really notice the millennia anymore. He'll probably do one at 20k.
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, the main drawback to the archive is that you can no longer bump the thread. But I'm sure having Farmgirl start this thread in your honor was plenty of ego boost for you. Any more and you wouldn't be able to get your head through the forum.

Wait a sec, I'm sure there's out-of-context fodder somewhere in there. I can't quite find it....

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Non-bumpable!!! I never heard of such a thing!

I guess I'll just have to do what I can to keep this thread near the top of page 1.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Hummmm...
Well, I always DID find petri dishes to be intriguing as well.... should have been a scientist, I guess.

Now I have to go back to the other FAQ and remind myself of which new questions it brought to mind. It's been more than 24 hours since I read it, and I've slept since then, so I no longer remember the questions..

(that, and Dan got me so flustered I thought maybe I should just drop the whole thing....)

[Smile]
FG
(who is busy watching Dallas and Carolina play ball right now)

[ January 03, 2004, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
So, Farmgirl, are you saying that you DON'T have a crush on Bob? Because we of the Wisconsin clump have an office pool going on you two. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Tom, Tom, Tom...She likes a man with a big post count.

And who doesn't?

I'm never going to catch you!!!

Curses!!!

Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, hey, hey... It's not how large your post count is, it's how you use it.
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tabithecat
Member # 5228

- posted      Profile for tabithecat   Email tabithecat         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Bob does grow on you. I got a shot and it seems to be clearing up. [Taunt]
Posts: 122 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

tabithecat...sadly, you'll always be a carrier though.

[Big Grin]

[Evil Laugh]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

tabithecat -- does infection only come through personal exposure?

TomD -- and which way are YOU betting in this office pool? (gotta know so I can rig it to make you win....) [Big Grin]

Farmgirl

jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
Like a petri dish?

So my mom would probably get mad at me if she found you in our fridge.

Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.