FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » India and Pakistan

Author Topic: India and Pakistan
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I the only one who has seen this:
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/06/international/asia/06CND-STAN.html?ex=1074408828&ei=1&en=e981af4e9617501b

It sounds very hopeful, but I can't help wondering whether it will last even long enough for them to start a dialogue, much less agree on anything. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? I'd like to be optimistic, but am afraid it might be premature.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I think that their might be a slim chance of getting to dialogue, Musharreff <- SP? Needs the money for the home front that he has been spending on the Kashmir and military defence. The Indian guy, don't remember name I think wants to leave a record of stability and leaving India off better than it was. I don't think they will get past the dialogue, but they will get to it. Just my thougths, worthless as they are.

Rhaegar

Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julian Delphiki Jr.
Member # 5882

- posted      Profile for Julian Delphiki Jr.   Email Julian Delphiki Jr.         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that sounds really promissing. I sencerly hope that they will patch things up. Because india and pakistan are like thse friends that had a little fight. Both are fun, but they will not be in the same room with each other. Maybe they will patsh things together, and we all can party like we used to in the onld days. I really miss seeing india and pakistan together, they are such great guys.

-Somewhere, this stopped being about india or pakistan, I am W-

Posts: 93 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Well see, first this guy Achilles shows up to smooth everything out, then China....

oops.

Actually, my friends in India are excited about this.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julian Delphiki Jr.
Member # 5882

- posted      Profile for Julian Delphiki Jr.   Email Julian Delphiki Jr.         Edit/Delete Post 
I am having a hard ttime remembering, but did not I have a hand in his death?
Posts: 93 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.