FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A Touch of Spring (impromptu Chicago area get-together?)

Author Topic: A Touch of Spring (impromptu Chicago area get-together?)
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
Last Friday it was so warm out I drove home with my sun roof cracked open. Didn't even mind the rain that drizzled in, because hey, I <i>love</i> rain. That's why my cat is named Raina.

Of course, this being Chicago, the weather, naturally, took a drastic change over the weekend. The ground is covered in snow and it's bitter cold out there. We hates it, we hates it forever! Days like this have me longing for spring.

Fortunately, you can find a bit of spring even on the coldest winter days at Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum (next to Lincoln Park Zoo), where they have a year-round Butterfly Garden. Hot, humid, with plenty of green plants and hundreds of colorful butterflies.

I'm going to the museum this Saturday, January 10th, to soak up some spring. Anyone who wants to join me is more than welcome. I'm planning on getting there sometime between noon and 1:00. Afterwards I'll probably head up to BannaOJ's next of the woods for some DDR at GameWorks.

--xnera

[ January 06, 2004, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: xnera ]

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey that might be fun! We have to go to a memorial service for our neighbor on Saturday (Betty, the one you met's husband) that will probably last until the afternoon. Could you give me a call when you head up to Gameworks though?!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.