FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Just a little break....

Author Topic: Just a little break....
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Dead_Horse here...

I've been MIA for a little while. On December 20th, I gave myself a huge Christmas present and moved to our local women's shelter. We have no internet access there, but I can go to the welfare office to use theirs.

I'm coping better than I thought I would and feel good, except for not having a place of my own, or any of my belongings. I did have the sheriff go to my house and get my meds and CPAP machine, and he was able to get my gerbils. My stepson brought me some of my clothes later. I miss my cats.

Don't know why I posted this.

Rain

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs Rain* Oh, wow. Thank you for telling us. [Smile] I hope everything is okay. I'm proud of you.
Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
((Rain)) I wish I was closer! (so I could give you a real hug)

AJ

[ January 07, 2004, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Because we love ya DH and there's a whole world of folks out there who do.

Be strong and keep us up to date.

This may look and feel like a terribly painful ending to something, but remember that it is also a hard-won start of a better life. The days ahead are yours, struggle and succeed.

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I know why you posted this, so that your friends can wish you well.

You've taken a good step forward. It took courage and continues to take courage everyday so you don't fall into despair and fear.

If I could, I would send you some courage, a smile or two, and maybe your cats.

Instead I'll send you my prayers and best wishes.

Keep going girl.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks! It is better. I'll get used to it.
Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

There will be a commando raid to rescue the cats as soon as I get an apartment. I'm sure he's treating them well. It's me he didn't like. I should have left earlier, but I didn't know it would be so easy. (Not that it is easy, but I expected much worse.)
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you!

I’m wishing you strength and good luck on your apartment hunt.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you! I'm so glad you're safe! (((((Rain)))))

Good luck with the cat raid. [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Rain

I've been there (where you are) in the past. Please, if you need someone to talk to privately, just e-mail me (address is in my profile).

You have my hugs and prayers.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.