FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Cabaret!

Author Topic: Cabaret!
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Prepare thyselves for a round of shameless boasting and self promotion... [Big Grin]

I'm gonna be in a Cabaret!! I'm so excited, I've never done Cabaret before, and I'm performing in one of my very favorite places around town, a small, independent, black box theatre. It's called "Candy & Friends -- Debut at the Cabaret Nouveau," and there's a lineup of four different performers, ranging from age 17 (moi) to age 83!!

We perform on Friday Jan. 16th and Saturday Jan. 17th at 8:00 PM, and we're doing a benefit performance at the Encore Cafe on Sunday Jan. 18th at 5:30 PM. It's gonna be an absolute BLAST, and I'm so excited!!!! Any of you remotely in the Bloomington area should all come and see it, and make me incredibly nervous by showing up and sitting in the audience! [Razz]

If you want to see our poster, here it is! YAY! *dances a happy dance* I'm the one at the top, in the middle! [The Wave]

[/BOASTING]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julian Delphiki Jr.
Member # 5882

- posted      Profile for Julian Delphiki Jr.   Email Julian Delphiki Jr.         Edit/Delete Post 
It is a shame that you don't live in Louisville KY, or I would say that i would see it.

-W-

Posts: 93 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
hmmm....

poster link doesn't work for me. Is it just my slow dial-up? Can any of the rest of you see it?

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
It didn't work for me either, but I'm still going to the show, and I do live in Louisville KY.

[Edit: I also think it is a shame that she doesn't live in Louisville KY [Wink] ]

[ January 10, 2004, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Koga ]

Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Raia)))
[Hail] [Hail]
[The Wave]
[The Wave]

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I really like Louisville, KY.

Wish I could go.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koga
Member # 5646

Bob the show isn't in Louisville KY, it is in Bloomington Indiana. It just happens that I am in Louisville Ky, and apparently so is Julian Delphiki Jr..
Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Koga, maybe you and Julian could carpool? If he really wants to go.

Also, if anyone wants to come, I can probably arrange a place for them to stay. Or Raia can, we have quite a Bloomington clump, so it shouldn't be a problem. Just thought I'd mention it in case.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koga
Member # 5646

That might be possible, but since the performance I'm intending to go to is next saturday, Julian would need to contact me soon to make arrangements.

I'm just suprised there is another hatracker in Louisville KY. [Eek!]

Raia
Member # 4700

Thanks for pointing that out, Farmgirl!

OK, I redid the page with the poster on it, but the only way I could do it without it freezing, the poster is a bit smaller than I wanted it to be, so it's a bit harder to see the graphics, and especially the text. Oh well, it'll do.

So, without further ado, renewed poster can be seen here!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratz. This just goes to prove that "Life is a cabaret old chum."
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julian Delphiki Jr.
Member # 5882

- posted      Profile for Julian Delphiki Jr.   Email Julian Delphiki Jr.         Edit/Delete Post 
YES! I am not alone!

I wonder why others had trouble with the link.... It could be that I have a cable modem, but with all my programs, my cannection is not much better than dial up, so I am curious.

-W-

Posts: 93 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
We did Cabaret at my high school in my Junior year. It was tons of fun, and the costumes were great. (I was in the Chorus and the Costume Crew.) [Smile]

Good Luck, Raia! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
hey congrats!!!

My high school did Caberet last year hansenj

(this year we're doing HMS Pinafore and guess who's in the chorus?)

[ January 11, 2004, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Dragon ]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

*bump*

I was SICK today!!! [Frown] I BETTER get well by friday! [Angst]

Koga
Member # 5646

I hope you feel better soon. [Kiss]
Raia
Member # 4700

Thank you, I feel much better!! [Kiss]

IT'S TOMORROW!!!!!! AAAAH!!! I'm so excited, but I'm also super-nervous!!

I got to see the other performers on tuesday, at our rehearsal... they're so great, it's gonna be a fab show! My favorite is the older couple, they're so cute!!! Tonight we have a full dress rehearsal, and tomorrow we have a show! [The Wave]

Koga
Member # 5646

So how was the first night of the show?

I'm sure it was great to veiw, and fun to perform in, but just thought I'd ask. [Smile]

drumsntolkein
Member # 6095

- posted      Profile for drumsntolkein           Edit/Delete Post 
AAAAA! Raia i'm so sorry i couldn't make it! [Wall Bash] my parents SERIOUSLY anger me sometimes...at any rate, shira told me that you were awesome, and i hope you enjoyed it...sorry again!
Posts: 76 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
I am soooo pissed I missed it, my parents decided it was a great day to do a day trip to Indy. Grrrrr!
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((drumsntolkein))))) Hey, relax, it's ok! I understand... Shira told me about your parents, that was very silly of them. [Frown] Oh well, it's fine!
(((((Rhaegar))))) It's ok, it's ok, it's ok!! Hehe... how was Indy? (btw, for both of you, I know someone who videotaped it, so if you're really desperate, you can see it... [Razz] )

I had a BLAST! I'm so sad it's over! [Frown] But it was so much fun!!! SO MUCH FUN!!! And Marek came up to see it on saturday, so that made it even better. [Big Grin] The older couple were the coolest thing EVER... the woman sang "Fever," and I thought I would die laughing. Also, they sang "I Remember It Well," from Gigi, together, and it was SO HYSTERICAL!

Yeah, it was fun.

Julian Delphiki Jr.
Member # 5882

Well, I sure it was a good show. I wish I could have attended, however, that just would not have been posible. I am glad that you had a blast performing.

-W-

Notorious Shira
Member # 6089

- posted      Profile for Notorious Shira   Email Notorious Shira         Edit/Delete Post 
Raia dont be so modest! It was so splendiferous! You are so talented and I have no doubt that you will go so far in life! I admire you so much my dear! ((((((Raia)))))) Play on!

(((Rhaegar))) do not fret!

((((drumsntolkein)))) hugs for....well just because!

Shira

Posts: 53 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valkyrie
Member # 5980

- posted      Profile for Valkyrie   Email Valkyrie         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail] [Hail] Great show!!!! [The Wave]
Posts: 150 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.