FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Martian Colony Mafia

Author Topic: Martian Colony Mafia
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
In the spirit of the Mars landing, we bring you Martian Colony Mafia! I'm thinking the game will start in about two weeks.

I want to moderate, but I can't do it alone. If you're interested in being co-moderator and planning a game with me, please IM me (Brinestone is my SN).

If you're interested in playing, post here. I'll let you know ASAP about the setting.

[ January 16, 2004, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: Brinestone ]

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love to play, but I'm afraid that if you hosted, you'd accidentally give something away. I'm afraid that I read you too well. Maybe I'll have to co-host. . . .
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julian Delphiki Jr.
Member # 5882

- posted      Profile for Julian Delphiki Jr.   Email Julian Delphiki Jr.         Edit/Delete Post 
what exactly is "mafia"?

-W-

Posts: 93 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Mafia is a game that involves a group of players who are mafia trying to kill everyone else, while the sherriff/detectives try to identify the mafiosi and kill them first. There is also a serial killer, who is at first impartial, a doctor, who can make one save a day, and the head mafia boss, the Godfather, who can choose how to organize his "family."
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Ruth, I wanted to do one this month, but work is interfering with my ability to goof off on company time. So I can't mod one but could co-mod. I don't have IM (I'm at a customer site right now, flying home tonight) so if you'd put me down on your list of possibles, I'd appreciate it. [Smile]
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never played before, but I'd be interested. What kind of commitment is needed? Is it done through IMs or Chat or just posts to a thread?

Feel free to email me a response if necessary.

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
What peterh said.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! I wanna play!

Brinestone, thanks! I was also thinking that it had been too long since the last game, but since I want to play, not mod, I didn't think I had any right to complain. [Wink]

Thanks so much -- to the other volunteers too -- for being willing to do this!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

You should probably plan on posting at least once a day, reading everyone else's posts very thoroughly, and IMing other players in order to gain a sense of who is guilty (or, if you're Mafia, who suspects). The game will be here, but often, the "playing" will go on outside the thread itself.
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be interested, though I've never played online before. I've played in person where you use a deck of cards to determine who/what everyone is. It sounds more fun this way though.
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

It's the year 2150, and humans have just formed the first colony on Mars when violence breaks out . . .

Okay, that was cheesy. Just wanted to bump this to let you know the setting.

rivka
Member # 4859

Ooh! This will be a COOL setting. [Big Grin] Whose Mars will this be? Bradbury? Bova?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm totally in.

My dream is to help coordinate the first Mars colony. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYSOAL
Member # 3846

- posted      Profile for BYSOAL           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, it's the Mafia version of Red Mars....

I'll have to think about this one I suppose.

Posts: 55 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in.
Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

I'm definitely in!
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
If I am not too busy I'd like to play this time...
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

Ray Bradbury was the guy who wrote The Martian Chronicles! Oh! I was drawing a total blank. I've even read some of them, scattered throughout anthologies. Um, I'm thinking it will be a mixture of known sf (probably a hearty helping of Bradbury, since I've read him) and my own imagination (and yours, I guess).
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I play?

I think I am really too busy to play, and have too much homework to be here regularly, but that has never stopped me before, so can I play?

Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so in.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I be mafia this time?
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suntranafs
Member # 3318

- posted      Profile for suntranafs   Email suntranafs         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, sounds cool. [Cool]
Posts: 1103 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Count me in!

After my first game, I'll always be a suspect! [Taunt]

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
Count me in, hopefully this time I'll actually get to start the game.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so in. I need a mafia fix, now that Hobbes' GrenMe mafia has come to a standstill.

Edit: hey, I posted this exactly 24 hours after Ruth started this thread. I am the coolest!

[ January 17, 2004, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

That takes real talent! When do we start?
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Bah Bova.

Kim Stanley Robinson. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYSOAL
Member # 3846

- posted      Profile for BYSOAL           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that's what I was hinting at eslaine. It was missed or ignored though... oh well.

B.Y.S.O.A.L.

Posts: 55 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Hey! What's wrong with Bova? All his 'planet' books are great, and Jupiter was amazing.
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd just like to point out that Martian colony mafia was already executed flawlessly by the mafia founder and overlord, Pat Poyfair.
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

If he killed 'em all, then it's about time for a new one, neh?
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Ohh I see, I sneak away to go to a little get-together and everyone forgets (inlcuding my co-mod!) that Insane Asylum mafia is going to start up in late January or early Feb. [Mad]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

On which board, Hobbes?
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
On GRENME I would say.
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, count me in ! Sorry Hobbes, I'm just too lazy to imagine a character in English. [Embarrassed]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
*Bump*

I'm in too...

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Count me in.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

Okay, it will be over on GrenME so we can use our own forum with Jon Boy and me moderating. We'll post links from Hatrack to there every day while the game goes on just to remind those of you who aren't GrenME regulars.

Uh, we'll get the scenario up as soon as we can.

hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it too late for me to join? [Big Grin] I just got back from Vegas, so I've been gone for a few days. I definitely want to play! [Smile]
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

Of course not. We haven't even started posting profiles or anything yet.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.