FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If You're Here For Over 80 Hours Per Week...

Author Topic: If You're Here For Over 80 Hours Per Week...
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
...you may want to place a bid.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if I should laugh out loud or be freaked out...

[ROFL] [Eek!]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ January 22, 2004, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish my work's firewall didn't block ebay.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
What's sad is the bidding is already up to 71 bucks. :/

[ January 22, 2004, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: Storm Saxon ]

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saruman
Member # 2275

- posted      Profile for Saruman           Edit/Delete Post 
Um . . . why is Saxon shopping for an imaginary girlfriend? O_o
Posts: 651 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
There's another one that's up over a hundred, but the pictures were a little racier than I was willing to link.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man, I thought it was going to be a user ID with a really high post count. Of course, I'd only be able to pay in junk IDs. Anyone want Trogd0r?
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Um . . . why is Saxon shopping for an imaginary girlfriend? O_o
Because he's on here over 80 hours a week....

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Did you see the one on there for the Virtual Boyfriend???

Make me gag!

[Eek!]

FG
(found it going thru the category from your link above)

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Y'know, the thing that scares me most is not that this exists on eBay...

...but that the bid history is 22!!!!!

[Eek!]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Farmgirl has 666 posts! Tee hee hee. He was awesome. And Libran. Is that a common British usage or a typo?
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
FG, what didn't you like about that guy?

I'm worried I might look too much like him, ya know...

(although I do have more hair on my head and my breath is actually nice, not merely "not too bad."

[ROFL]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the virtual girlfriend had a pretty clever thing in there about how you could break up with her in 4 weeks and she could beg you to take her back. I at least chuckled at it.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Well, ya know, in the right context he may not be all that bad looking (I've lowered my standards)

But in the context where he is boasting about it and trying to appear "buff" -- it is scary! Like he's God's gift to women....

If he's gonna pull off a virtual relationship, couldn't he at least sub in some virtual photos of someone else? [Confused]

[Big Grin]
FG

::edit - Had to hurry to get past that 666 thing, pooka! WHEW!! That was scary too! [Wink] ::

[ January 22, 2004, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

jack
Member # 2083

- posted      Profile for jack           Edit/Delete Post 
FG, for a Brit, he's actually pretty good looking. [ROFL]

Under that same topic, I see someone is selling bits and pieces of the Bible. They pasted all of it on E-Bay, but if you buy it, you get the down-loadable version, which apparently, makes it easier to follow. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2981729748&category=317

Posts: 171 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

FG...you do have a point. He could've posted pics of someone better looking. Feed the fantasy and all that.

So...um...how low ARE your standards?

[Big Grin]

Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
This could be a guy with a good looking cousin. He scans a few pics from the family photo album. Registers a fake e-mail and msn identity, then pays a friend to make the silly phone calls.

(Edit to add that I'm referring to the female online girlfriend.)

[ January 22, 2004, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: Fitz ]

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack
Member # 2083

- posted      Profile for jack           Edit/Delete Post 
There are some really weird things for sale at E-Bay.

It's the please give me money auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2981187803&category=317

So is this one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2981169905&category=317

This one confuses me. What are they inspecting? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2980915241&category=20924

A personal massage therapist for $5,000 a month, but the best part is "Guaranteed good for life to make you feel better and loose weight too." You know, if you want $5,000 a month, at least know how to use a dictionary. I sure as heck-fire don't need any "loose weight." I got all I need right now. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2979932296&category=317

I can't tell you how often I've wondered where I could find one of these. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2981452199&category=317

And for pete's sake, it would be cheaper to go out and buy a car than to rent this for the weekend. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2981508128&category=317

Thursday afternoon and no work to do. If only I could get that stupid penguin game to work.

[ January 22, 2004, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: jack ]

Posts: 171 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Bob -- low enough to think you're good looking.

Not low enough to accept your politics..

[Wink]

FG

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
::places a bid::
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Pooka-I think he was referring to his zodiac sign, Libra [Dont Know]
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Jack -- you notice that all of those "weird items" - NONE of them have a single bid......

people should get a clue.

FG

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

quote:
Bob -- low enough to think you're good looking.

Not low enough to accept your politics

[ROFL]

I may sell my politics on e-bay.

And I saw your pic on the Hatrack photo album. Trust me, you can do better than someone who looks like me. Even if your politics are way too far to the right! (But what can one expect from a firey red head?)

[Big Grin]

(Actually, I would've thought our religious beliefs were the truly incompatible opinions. I figured you would find my opinions downright offensive). [Big Grin]

[Monkeys]

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
When I get strapped for cash I wonder if I could sell my Hatrack persona?

There could be some good money in selling On-line reputations.

Who wouldn't pay big bucks to be Bob for a day?

Or Belle?

Or Ralphie?

I think Tom Davidson would go for a lot.

And DKW's rep would be about priceless.

Then again, the best might be KaCard. You could get into any thread and be treated like the Queen.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I'd like to be CT for a day!

I would diagnose EVERYONE!!!

[Big Grin]

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
That virtual BF was awesome. Did you guys read it at all? It was obviously a spoof, and a not un-clever one at that. [Smile]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

quote:
Pooka-I think he was referring to his zodiac sign, Libra
Right, but in the US don't we typically say "I'm a Libra?" Otherwise, what is the adjective form of Gemini? Cancer/Moon Child? Moon Childish? Just wondering. Piscean? I don't know 'em all.

Edit to add: I think the Boyfriend and Girlfriend were both spoofs.

[ January 22, 2004, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.