FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I have the power! (twink's new computer)

Author Topic: I have the power! (twink's new computer)
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
So it arrived today. My new love. My brand new dual processor Macintosh. And now I am posting from it.

[Big Grin]

I've been bouncing off the walls for the last couple of hours... I scrounged BtL's monitor from the basement to use until my new one arrives. It seems like a deadly sin to have the Radeon 9800 Pro in my dual G5 hooked up to a blurry 15" CRT, but it's only a temporary setup.

I took some pictures and will post them soon.

In the meantime, I'm just glad to be back. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
you go girl. You are female, right?
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, she's not that blurry!

Glad to hear you're all set up. Considering what I did to your last computer you're probably not going to let me near this one, are you? [Wink]

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

<-- is male [Smile]

WarCraft III is being patched as we speak. [Big Grin]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

- posted      Profile for Liquor and Fireworks   Email Liquor and Fireworks         Edit/Delete Post 
That is the second time today I have had to bite my tongue at the mention of macs, you guys need to stop tempting me.
Posts: 331 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you going to let Dan use it so he can post game turns more than once every eclipse? [Smile]
Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Does the Mac actually have any games that would show off the graphics capability of the 9800 Pro?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
G5... ::drool::
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Not any that I own, no. But the UT2kX games would, if I was into that sort of thing. I also expect C&C: Generals to look mighty nice, though I don't plan to buy it soon.

Heck, what games out there will take full advantage of both of my processors? Almost none. Doom3 may, since iD has a history of making their games SMP-aware.

Not to mention that Doom3 will look plenty nice with the 9800 Pro. [Smile]

Edit:

BTW, L&F, feel free to not bite your tongue. I am not an evangelical Mac user. I use Macs because I like them and am willing to pay extra because of it. [Smile]

[ January 23, 2004, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.