FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Table Tennis, Anyone?

Author Topic: Table Tennis, Anyone?
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Here's another addictive game. So far I've beaten the German guy 21-12, and I've made good runs at the others.

http://www.raketspel.se/pingis.html

Simple graphics, but very realistic ball motion. There's a little confusion from handling the paddle with your mouse, but not much. It's pretty awesome.

You'll need the Shockwave player for this. If you don't have it, your browser should link you up with the free download from Macromedia.

BTW, I'm mainly discovering these at Flashkit at the Coffee Lounge. Someone's always linking to games there.

[ January 23, 2004, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: advice for robots ]

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
Very difficult and fun. I just lost.
Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. This is going to get addictive.
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

I beat the German!
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Took me awhile to figure out I didn't have to CLICK the mouse -- just swipe it as the paddle.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
advice for robots, if I stop doing my schoolwork, I blame you.

(and Hatrack)

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

Took me a while to figure out that when the other guy serves it you have to wait for it to hit the table before you can hit it!
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I botched about five serves trying to click the mouse.

So far, the Japanese player has been the trickiest. He keeps hitting it off to the side, and it's hard to judge where to put the paddle. I think I like playing the Swedish guy the best. The German is a wuss (although he's the only one I've beaten so far).

Raia, I take full responsibility for your missed homework. [Big Grin] Just don't expect me to do any of it for you.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

I like playing the guy from China. I just played him for the first time and I got 12 points before I lost.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
BTW, I'm mainly discovering these at Flashkit at the Coffee Lounge.
You're hanging out at a coffee lounge? Wait till your bishop hears about this . . .
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
Yaayyy Beat the German!
Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
This is pretty tricky with a touchpad. I beat the German 21-16 though. I'll try some of the other guys, but I think I won't have a chance until I get my mouse back.
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
speaking of table tennis...

anyone every play rotating ping pong?
i had a blast last night at my friend's house, there were four of us, one on each side of the table.
the person at head of the table serves and while the person at the opposite end hits the ball back you rotate like the mad hatter's tea party and the person on the side of the table is now at the head and keeps the ball going.
it gets really crazy and who ever knew ping pong could be so aerobic??
it's even more hilarious when you start to send people out of the game for giving points to the other side of the table. the boys started jumping and diving into furniture and doors once they essentially started hitting the ball to themselves!
good times.

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.