FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hi I'm new

Author Topic: Hi I'm new
kidyanna
Member # 6148

- posted      Profile for kidyanna   Email kidyanna         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] I'm new to all of this but some of my friends are members and i thought it looked enjoyable
Posts: 68 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Kidyanna! [Wave]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack! [Smile] [Big Grin] [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail] good grammar

Welcome [Big Grin]

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings, Kidyanna. Please allow me to introduce myself; I am a man of wealth and taste. Don't let my creepy voice scare you off. [Evil]

[ January 25, 2004, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: Maccabeus ]

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, kidyanna!
Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

Who are your friends?
Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Howdy, kidyanna. [Smile]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Seuss
Member # 2487

- posted      Profile for Dr. Seuss   Email Dr. Seuss         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the Hatrack Community.
Posts: 38 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome. [Hat]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to assume she's part of the Eruve/Rhaegar crowd, since they've started inviting everyone they know. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
i'm new too. let's start a gang ala west side story style. we could rise up through choreographed song and dance and spank all the old members and conquer this board!
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Actually, it was her own decision to join, not anyone else's, and I don't think she knows either Eru or Rhaegar. [Razz]

She might know Rhaegar, but not well.

She's friends with me, blacwolve, and she's also acquainted with Notorious Shira.

Any other questions?

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
And I wasn't aware Eru had invited anyone, ever. For that matter, we don't usually invite people, we just talk about hatrack alot, and they show up on their own.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
'Fraid it's been tried before, Ben.

The newbies were doing pretty good with the whole "coordinated-dance-with-song" takeover thing...until TomDavidson and Papa Moose broke into an awe-inspiring duet of "Ina Gadda Da Vida" with accompanying pom-poms and cheerleading moves, which pushed the newbie forces back until they surrendered.

Some of the newbs openly wept, but whether this was due to the sheer beauty of the Oldies' display or because they felt such terrible guilt at trying to take over the board has yet to be determined.

Oh, and welcome to kidyanna, too. [Smile]

[ January 26, 2004, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: Zotto! ]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

Cool! You know Raia! Any friend of hers is a friend of ours! Welcome! [Smile]
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm waiting for the "Slash will be in here soon to eat you, but don't worry, it tickles" comment to appear even though I haven't seen Slash do it in a while.

Silly peasants.

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome !
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posable_Man
Member # 5105

- posted      Profile for Posable_Man           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome kidyanna.

<hands out Hatrack brochure>

There's a new member orientation at 3 pm. Cake and pop!

Posts: 82 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
And by "orientation" he means "flogging".
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Bring your own Neosporin.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

quote:
Cool! You know Raia! Any friend of hers is a friend of ours! Welcome!
Aka: [Kiss]
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
To be honest, I meant Raia. I've never been able to tell the difference between her and Eruve, which is a source of constant confusion when they're actually talking to each other. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

[Confused]

Umm, ok... if you say so!

But either way, I didn't recruit her, she joined on her own. She's heard blacwolve and I talk about Hatrack, and wanted to try it herself!

Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
Does it really matter?

Hi, kidyanna. [Smile]

Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

No, it really doesn't... TomD, never mind. [Wink]

(((((Kidyanna)))))

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't "invited" anyone I know IRL to hatrack. In fact, I'd prob'ly freak out if someone I knew joined.

Welcome to Hatrack, Kidyanna! [Wave]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatcrack! [Evil Laugh]

[Big Grin]

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

I keep inviting people who seem like hatrackers. You know how you sometimes meet people and just think they should be? But so far none that I've invited have ever stuck around. [Frown] I guess I suck at threespace Hatrack missionary work. <laughs> Though I have a really good record newbie fishing in the parachat. Maybe I should stick to that.
kidyanna
Member # 6148

- posted      Profile for kidyanna   Email kidyanna         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you all so much for welcoming me into your realm. I hope to be able to do the best at keeping the flow going.Which most likely i will not do too well, but i shall try. [Hat]
Posts: 68 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thrak
Member # 5499

- posted      Profile for thrak   Email thrak         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat]

I am a newbie as well. Welcome.

Posts: 115 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry. Most newbies either click, or don't. Some newbies make a big noisy splash (Mae should tell her story in this thread, it's just...cute...and inspiring), and some quietly creep in. Obnoxious people (whose names I don't remember because they are just not important) are usually shunned until they go away. We don't feed trolls, here. We eat them.

I am pleased to meet you (and thrak, too!) and heartily welcome you to the Crack that is Hat.

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.