FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Last Post Thread (Page 77)

This topic comprises 90 pages: 1  2  3  ...  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  ...  88  89  90   
Author Topic: Last Post Thread
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Upon medical examination, I'd say no.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
What medical examination? I'm the one with the brain.

That being said, I can't tell. It's badly decomposed by now.

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
and yet while you have the brain, i have the last post.
Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but I got this one.
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

I medically examined your brain, didn't you know? I had to remove the last post because it was doing some damage.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

Okay.
kojabu
Member # 8042

See it keeps coming back.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Huh?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

Erp?
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, wow! it's working again!
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

It wasn't working?
digging_holes
Member # 6237

It was dead for so long. I don't know why it's working know, the super-long post that crashed it is still there. [Dont Know]
kojabu
Member # 8042

Ah ok.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
[Confused]
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

Who knows
digging_holes
Member # 6237

*sigh* Newbies...

On September 6, 2004, a long-time Hatrack user known as Chaeron, obviously disgusted that people other than him could be having fun with something that he disliked, decided to crash this thread by posting Volumes 3 & 4 of Edward Gibbon's The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire in their entirety. The thread crashed, and we had to resort to very odd maneuvers to post in the thread at all (mostly just to spite Chaeron, and also eventually to prove that we could.)

You can see the build-up to Chaeron's vitriolic bitterness on pages 59 and 60 of the Last Post thread, culminating in his inhuman nuclear option here, on page 61 of this same thread, and all the agonizing aftermath. Enjoy.

kojabu
Member # 8042

Good to know, I might want to read that someday.

Did you mean inhumane? or inhuman? how is it inhuman? [Confused]

Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Weird. I noticed this thread up at the top of the page a coumple of times today and didn't realize until actually coming in that it wasn't the "Last Post thread - next generation" thread, but the original one. Tricksy.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

Accept no substitutes.

Though, come to think of it... we did have an awful lot of stubstitutes at one point; I remember counting nine of them on the front page. Maybe we should ressurrect all of those ones too. [Evil Laugh]

Enigmatic
Member # 7785

I was just amusing myself by going to the page with Chaeron's long posts, holding down the fast scrolldown, and pretending I was speedreading.

--Enigmatic
(easily amused)

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

Hah.
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Okay, wait... After looking at the previous page I realized I've read this thread a couple times in the last few days and during that entire time hadn't realized that it wasn't the "Last post - next generation" thread. Wow.

--Enigmatic
(apparently unobservant)

kojabu
Member # 8042

I had to read that a few times to make it a different statement from the one above.
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
What's the real meanning of the title, anyway?
Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

www.dictionary.com
kojabu
Member # 8042

OED!
digging_holes
Member # 6237

OED?
kojabu
Member # 8042

Oxford!
digging_holes
Member # 6237

Uh...
kojabu
Member # 8042

Oxford English Dictionary
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
*snatches post*
*dissappears*

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

*snatches it back and sticks tongue out*
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

quote:
Originally posted by Beanny:
What's the real meanning of the title, anyway?

It means that I have the last post in this thread!

--Enigmatic

kojabu
Member # 8042

Not right now you don't.
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Sure I do.
kojabu
Member # 8042

Nope
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Maybe.
Aurinona
Member # 8443

- posted      Profile for Aurinona   Email Aurinona         Edit/Delete Post 
You just wish you had the last post.
Posts: 24 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Wishes do come true.
kojabu
Member # 8042

Eh, not this time.
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

And once again my dreams are crushed.

Until now.

kojabu
Member # 8042

Sorry, crushed again.
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
You call that crushed? Now THIS is CRUSHED! [/Aussie]
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kiwi
Member # 7982

- posted      Profile for Kiwi   Email Kiwi         Edit/Delete Post 
and to think, all this time I never knew aspectre's real name was Steve.
Posts: 69 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firebird
Member # 1971

- posted      Profile for firebird   Email firebird         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember the birth of the last post thread. Wouldn't it be awesome (for me) if I saw the death of it too?
Posts: 571 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

We've seen the death of it a few times. It just can't be killed.
kojabu
Member # 8042

Is it a cat? Does it have 9 lives?
digging_holes
Member # 6237

I win.
kojabu
Member # 8042

Since when?
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

There must be some way to achieve a more permanent last post. Hmmm...

**HALF-BLOOD PRINCE SPOILERS!**
Do not read (or post) below this post or else there'll be spoilers for Harry Potter and any other surprise ending book or movie you haven't read or seen yet!!!
--Enigmatic

This topic comprises 90 pages: 1  2  3  ...  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  ...  88  89  90   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.