FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I hate AD/HD (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I hate AD/HD
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, really today.

Because it snowed.

So I went to clear off my car (had to run errands, like renewing my car registration).

Put stuff in car. Started car. Got out, cleared off car. Went to put little snow scraper back in car. Crap, didn't unlock back door. Went to front door, muttering and grumbing.

it was LOCKED.

No idea how. I must've locked it when getting out, a habit, I suppose.

Car running. Purse in car. Keys in car. Cell phone in car.

[Mad]

Did I mention that my abdominal pain hasn't gone away?

I went through the salon downstairs, went up, called my car dealership (it's literally 5 minutes from my apartment).

They rescued me by looking up my car in the database, making a new key, and having one of the drivers bring it out to me. [Smile]

Yay them! [Big Grin]

I love my dealership.

But this ad/hd is getting on my nerves. It's a good thing my landlord finds this amusing about me. He said he'd be happy to keep a spare car key for me too (since obviously he has a set of keys to my apartment).

*sigh*

Has anyone else been this absentminded?

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
You better believe it.
Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
A person doesn't need to have AD/HD to lock themselves out of their car. Happened to me on Monday. And yes, the car was running, with my purse and house keys inside it. [Grumble] Luckily, one of my neighbors had done the same thing, so there was already a locksmith in the parking lot. But still, didn't really want to be spending $90 to break into my car.

Also, the freakin' car is NOT SUPPOSED TO LOCK on me while it is running! It says so right in the owner's manual! Which means this is yet another thing I must get checked out the next time I bring it in for service. *sighs*

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
You and cars, mack. I swear, if....

Hey, does anyone else feel like ordering a pizza?

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
About 2 years ago I was driving with friends to a chalet at the snow-fields, a trip of about 500kms. Halfway there, my flatmate locked the keys in the car in the parking lot of a McDonalds. Very rural, very sparsely populated area. We called the road-side assist service in which I had membership, but they couldn't send someone for about 3 hours. We then noticed that the road-side assist car was actually IN THE PARKING LOT where we were. So we went over to beg for him to just come and help us out before he went away for three hours.

He really didnt' want to, claimed it was against regulations, but did it anyway. [Dont Know]

Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I really, really do love my dealership. Sure, poo on me driving a Kia, but you can't beat what my dealership did for me today. [Smile]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

oops..I forgot...

[ROFL] @ pop

Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, they sent you a key. But did they SING to you? Huh? Huh?

I think not.

[Wink]

Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
what you are describing is the story of my life... I think I've mentioned that Steve found my keys in the refrigerator once right?

AJ

Apparently according to Steve they were in the freezer. Oh yes and he has reminded me that once I put a glass of milk back into the cabinet where the glasses are stored. As I recall that wasn't discovered until the smell got to us. (The glass was actually a non-see through plastic cup so you couldn't tell anything was inside of it)

[ January 28, 2004, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
I've locked my keys in my car at least twice, and locked myself out of apartments or dorm rooms innumerable times.

These days I carry a key to my apartment and a door key to my car in my wallet. That way I'm sure I can't be locked out. Well....unless I forget the wallet too.

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I lock myself out of my car several times a year. Occasionally, it's more than once a month. I keep an extra key in my purse -- which I often manage to lock inside my car at the same time.

The AAA guy is my friend . . .

The most funny-if-this-were-happening-to-someone else time lately was a couple months ago, when I went to return books to the library drop box while they were closed.

Got out of car, deliberately not locking it and leaving it running. Went around to passenger side, took out bags of books, closed door. Walked over to drop box, put books in, walked back to car. Door is locked. What?? Nope, definitely locked. Must call AAA. Ok, use cellphone. Cellphone is in car . . . Library won't open for another 90 minutes. [Wall Bash]

Walked across the way to the fellow at the booth by the main parking lot entrance. Sure I can use his phone. Need AAA phone number. It's on the card, in my purse -- in my car. Ok, 411. etc.

30 minutes later, the locksmith showed up. He recognized me. [Blushing]

We won't even discuss the time I locked the keys in the car, with it double parked and the engine running. Or the time(s) I had a baby in the car.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Mack, that is cool about the dealership bringing you a key and all. You really can't beat that!

sidenote: I have yet to lock myself out my car or house, or anywhere! But I have managed to set off the alarm at my office. Though I was able to call the alarm service company imediately and have it reset before the cops came or anything.

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel your pain and frustration - and sorry about losing you on AIM earlier, someone tried to fax something, and it kicked me offline, then I had to wait until the fax went through.

other day I lost my keys for the 20 thousandth time. For my birthday one year Wes bought me one of those little locators you put on your key chain and if you lose your keys you press the button on the base unit and it makes the locator beep.

The first time I lost my keys after that I pressed the button and was so happy to hear it beeping, I would finally be able to find my keys quickly!

The beeping led me to the kitchen drawer, where the locator sat patiently waiting for me to attach it to my keychain. [Blushing]

When I read my first book on AD/HD after my diagnosis, I went back and forth between total relief, that other people actually have the same problems I do, and incredulity that others could have the exact same experiences as I have.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
For all of you who lock your keys in your car, put "Keyless entry" at the top of your list for your next car. I've never locked my keys in my car anyway, but since I got a car with keyless entry, it's all buttons, baby. It's such a habit to hit the button to lock the doors that I sometimes hit it before I shut my door which causes loud, obnoxious noises. Anyway, it seems fairly foolproof. Just a suggestion, though.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

fiazko, I would lock the clicker in the car. [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Just out of curiosity, how many digits go on those things, or do you get to choose? I was thinking they may be a little unsafe with this hacker-ified society we live in if there was only a few digits allowed. And is there any security system that makes it lock completely for an hour or something if a wrong password was entered too many times? As Douglas Adams says, "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

rivka: I believe the keypad is on the door. There are no clickers, and unless you were very elaborate at screwing up, it would be hard to lock the pad in the ignition.

[ January 29, 2004, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
If I lock my keys in the car, I like for it to be running. That way, I can get a wire hanger and poke the button to roll the windows down. Or the unlock button.

I've only had to do this once, but automatic locks and windows are "musts" for me. [Smile]

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
. . . and unless you were very elaborate at screwing up, it would be hard to lock the pad in the ignition.
*sigh* When it comes to locking myself out, it's too sadly true.
Belle
Member # 2314

For all of you that say "Just have a hook or somewhere you always put the key!", allow me to just point out one thing.

I forget to put it on the hook. ADD is like that, what makes perfect sense (put the keys on the hook) just doesn't make it into our brains when we need to think about it. Most "normals" can't understand, it makes no sense. It's so easy and natural to you.

We just don't "get it" the way you do. Organization methods don't work for us the same way, because we forget to use the method. (forget is not really the right word - I have an excellent memory, I remember the keys should go on the hook - just not when the keys are in my hand. I'll think about the keys and the hook when I'm supposed to be paying bills or while I'm checking the mail)

Yeah, we're frustrating to live with. But we're fun. [Big Grin]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Mack:
Try this.
And I own this one myself.
[Razz]

You know, we all have fantastic stories about the incredibly stupid things we, human beings, are capable of doing. For instance, leaving the phone in the freezer is my sister's habit. Mine is losing my shoes. I can never ever find my shoes. I don't own many pairs like most of the ladies here, so it's really a problem when I need my brown shoes after I've dressed to match them. [Dont Know]

Anyway, point=people can be very dumb.

I once locked my keys in my car in front of the post office where about 15 people just stood laughing. Now that mad put me in such a rage that I ran 5 miles home without rest in less that an hour. I was soooo angry that day. But the excercise was good for me, and it's best to let the anger off in a productive rather than destructive manner. [Smile]

AAA is always good to be a member of. The story above was pre-AAA. [Wink]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Belle,

I was going to quote your post but then I realized I'd cut and pasted the entire thing.

Anyway maybe I have mild ADD because that describes me EXACTLY. My college roommate and Steve have both tried to train me to a key hook (using both positive and negative re-inforcement) And yes I can remember that the keys are supposed to go on the hook. But I might not even make the connection that the object that I have in my hand are actually those same keys that should be on the hook.

I've touted the wonders of this little gadget before and I will again. It has saved me literally hours of time.
http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/productview.jhtml?sku=SI667GRY
The base is magnetically stuck to the refrigerator. I have it in the bright purple model because sometimes you need to remove the base and walk around the house pushing the button since it only has a limited remote range. Anyway when you put the base down somewhere random it is easy to find. It is bright purple after all.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, mack, I gotta say this. [Smile]

Having AD/HD sounds a lot like having toddlers.

Seriously, can we look into this? Is there a connection? I'm the most absent-minded person I know. I could use something.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Mack,

I can really sympathize. I don't have that particular label, just unspecified array of "soft neurological signs" from early brain damage and hydrocephalus.

The best way I can try to explain it to people is that if I were a computer, I'd have an immense hard drive, a respectable processor, and about 4 megs of RAM. As a kid, my parents used to make fun of me because if someone talked to me while I was making a sandwich, I'd stop what I was doing.

Where was I? Oh yeah.

The only reason this happens less now is that I live with someone who does not have those problems and is able to help me keep track of some of those issues ("coffee off, got your keys, etc.) Unfortunately, she was NOT with me the other day when I managed to leave my wallet in the back of a taxi. [Frown]

It's not been returned, but everything that needed to be cancelled has been cancelled.

I also get around the door key thing by having two key rings I keep in my pocket - both have a door key to the van.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine is an incredibly good mechanic; honestly, I've never known or even heard of a mechanic with as much skill as this guy has. It's staggering what he's capable of (and, happily enough, he doesn't mind teaching me how to fix things on my car when they go wrong, so I both save money and gain knowledge. How great is that?

Anyway, he knew a guy who had trouble with locking his keys in his car, so he rigged up a power lock for the guy that was hidden just under the lip of the hood, up by the windshield. Pretty cool stuff(not that that bit of wiring was proof of my friend's mechanical genius or anything, but still).

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if I have ADD. (I'm reasonably confident I'm not hyperactive.)

I lose my train of thought at the slightest interruption--lots of fun when teaching. I have placed remotes, wallet, and keys (on different occasions) in the fridge. My remote is almost never in the same room as the TV. I routinely get up specifically to do something and fail to accomplish it because something distracts me. I don't forget facts or events (I have the memory of a camcorder!) but I forget what I was saying, doing, or thinking all the time!

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I have learned (through considerable negative reinforcment on Steve's part) to not touch the remote, that way I can't misplace it. Though occasionally I do. Most of the time it ends up in the bathroom for some reason.

AJ

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that for people who don't have an actual disagnosed problem (ADHD, etc) life itself has us spinning around in circles. I mean, that's true for everybody. I just think life is so complicated now it's hard for MOST people to be focused on everything they should.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I very rarely lock myself out of my car - my wife used to do it a bit more, but AAA takes care of that. One quirk of my car actually helps...I can take the keys out while it's running, so I always have them if I have to get out to clean off snow or something. My problem was locking myself out of our house. With no phone, during midday when no one was home, and not knowing our neighbors (who weren't home anyway). Thankfully, it was summer, so our windows were open. I got a ladder from the back (we had been painting), put it in front of an open window in the FRONT yard, and cut the screen. I proceeded to crawl in, which is very difficult to do off a ladder when there is stuff on the floor, let me tell you.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

This is geared toward women, but it's an interesting checklist none the same

quote:
Screening checklist for those women who suspect they may have Attention Deficit Disorder
The following is a list of characteristics that often describe the challenges faced by women with AD/HD. Everyone has these kinds of feelings at some time and to some extent. Do you have them more severely? Have they been present for most of your life? Are they giving you an overwhelming sense of difficulty in achievement, self-esteem, relationships and mood?

Do you feel bombarded in department stores, grocery stores, at the office or at parties?

Do you often shut down in the middle of the day, feeling assaulted?

Is time, money, paper or "stuff" dominating your life and impacting you ability to achieve your goals?

Are you spending a majority of your time coping, looking for things, catching up or covering up?

Are you avoiding people because of all of this, hiding big chunks of yourself out of shame?

Have you stopped having people over to your house because of your shame at the mess?

Even though you are educated, have you never learned to balance your checkbook?

Is it impossible for you to shut out nearby sounds and distractions that don't bother others?

Do small requests for "one more thing" put you over the top emotionally?

Do you often feel life racing out of control, that it's impossible to meet demands?

Do you start out each day determined to get organized?

Do you feel like a couch potato or tornado, at either end of a disregulated activity spectrum?

Do you feel that you have many more ideas than others, but you can't stop them or synthesize, organize or act on them in an orderly way?

Have you watched others of equal IQ and education pass you by?

Are you starting to feel despair of ever fulfilling you potential and meeting your goals?

Are you clueless as to how others lead a consistent, regular life?

Have you been thought of as selfish because you don't write thank-you notes or send birthday cards? Are you called a slob or spacy? are you "passing for normal"? Does it feel more and more as if you were an impostor?

Is all your time and energy taken up with coping, staying organized, holding it together, with no time for fun or relaxation?

PLEASE NOTE: This checklist is not intended to replace professional assessment for ADD. Not all women with ADD have all of these symptoms and not all women that have these symptoms have ADD. If you suspect you have ADD, seek a complete assessment by a qualified professional.

BannaOj
Member # 3206

This should be fun!

Do you feel bombarded in department stores, grocery stores, at the office or at parties?
Yes in a way. I'm attracted to everything that catches my eye. It drives Steve crazy because I never walk in a straight line.

Do you often shut down in the middle of the day, feeling assaulted?
Assaulted is a little strong but yes.

Is time, money, paper or "stuff" dominating your life and impacting you ability to achieve your goals?
YES YES YES

Are you spending a majority of your time coping, looking for things, catching up or covering up?
YES YES YES

Are you avoiding people because of all of this, hiding big chunks of yourself out of shame?
No, I'm pretty open about my shame <grin>

Have you stopped having people over to your house because of your shame at the mess?
see above

Even though you are educated, have you never learned to balance your checkbook?
This I am obsessive compulsive about in the other extreme. But I still don't feel like our finances are organized, though Quicken is helping.

Is it impossible for you to shut out nearby sounds and distractions that don't bother others?
I'm either completely distracted or completely focused, rarely in between.

Do small requests for "one more thing" put you over the top emotionally?
Occasionally. Not living with the rest of my family has helped.

Do you often feel life racing out of control, that it's impossible to meet demands?
Yup
[Edit: Most of the time I just let it race on by and kind of wave as it goes past]

Do you start out each day determined to get organized?
Yup but never end up there at the end.

Do you feel like a couch potato or tornado, at either end of a disregulated activity spectrum?
EXACTLY!

Do you feel that you have many more ideas than others, but you can't stop them or synthesize, organize or act on them in an orderly way?
Yup sometimes I wish I could turn off my brain so I could have a break from "thinking"

Have you watched others of equal IQ and education pass you by?
Not particularly, but it could be easily argued that I'm underachiveing in both departments.

Are you starting to feel despair of ever fulfilling you potential and meeting your goals?
Once again it could be argued that I'm vastly underachieving for my potential, however I'm reasonably happy, especially since I can Hatrack at work. Otherwise I'd be bored out of my mind. Meeting goals... I don't know if I'd be happy if I ever met all my goals. If I really want something I tend to get there eventually.

Are you clueless as to how others lead a consistent, regular life?
YES

Have you been thought of as selfish because you don't write thank-you notes or send birthday cards?
Oh my you should hear the bawlings out I've gotten from my Great Aunt and mother on the subject.

Are you called a slob or spacy?
YUP
are you "passing for normal"?
YUP
Does it feel more and more as if you were an impostor?
No I think most people know I am.

Is all your time and energy taken up with coping, staying organized, holding it together, with no time for fun or relaxation?
Well most of the time I choose to have fun knowing that I'll pay for it later when the place is a disaster. I keep thinking that if everything got more organized it would be easier to manage. But in our new computer room we installed this gorgeous closet organization system, yet I have no idea what to put on the shelves to "organize"

AJ

[ January 29, 2004, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
A person doesn't need to have AD/HD to lock themselves out of their car. Happened to me on Monday. And yes, the car was running, with my purse and house keys inside it.
Yes, I was going to say this. One time, I locked everything in the car with the car running. Most often, I have just locked the keys in the car, car not running. One time, I locked the keys in the car, and my toddler was also locked in the car in the carseat. [Eek!] Fortunately, it was not a hot day.

I have also locked myself out of the house. One time I did it while the teakettle was on the stove, and by the time the locksmith came to let me in, the base of the teakettle had melted onto the burner and the whole house stank. Another time, my keys flew out of my hand into the door of the house, as I was pulling the door shut (we have a knob lock in the handle that you press in to lock and just close the door) - locked out again!

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Now where did I leave my keyboard?
rivka
Member # 4859

[Laugh] Paula
Tullaan
Member # 5515

- posted      Profile for Tullaan   Email Tullaan         Edit/Delete Post 
Once, while I was at work. My wife went out to get the mail. By the time she got back to the front door, she realized it was locked. She didn't have her keys with her.

Turned out our 3 year old locked her out and then was having a wonderful time playing in her room. Not old enough to answer the door bell, but old enough to lock the door.

Posts: 98 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Okay this is going to sound like some bad sucking up, but this is a serious moment. Ahem...

Any other newbies feel like they're dining with celebrities when oldbies notice they exist?

Psycho Triad
Member # 3331

- posted      Profile for Psycho Triad   Email Psycho Triad         Edit/Delete Post 
How about coming home, unlocking the door, going in, setting down the armful of stuff you have, closing the door, and going to bed. All without removing your keys from the doorlock.

Did that last night, for the third time so far this year [Wall Bash]

And yes, I'm ADD.

Posts: 271 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I've left my keys in the front door numerous times. Then I panic in the morning when they're not on the hook by the door.

No, I don't think I'm ADD. I just have three active distractions with me when I get home. [Wink] On the upside, they're getting old enough to NOTICE when I leave the keys in the door, and take them out. [Big Grin]

mackillian
Member # 586

Back in your box #5545
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
No! I'm glad she's back!
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
*laughs at hearing rivka called an oldbie*

Once I locked my keys in the car with the car running, went in, ate dinner at Colorado Steakhouse (this was on Valentine's Day, to give you an idea of how long that took) and didn't realize it until I went back outside and felt around in my pocket for my keys.

Luckily (or unluckily,considering how much teasing I took) we had gone to dinner with my parents, so they were able to get me in. But it was, embarrassing, to say the least.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*blinks* Wait, she meant me?? [Eek!] I'm not an oldbie -- I just have a big mouth (tired fingers? what's the online equivalent?).
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
PSI, when Ralphie called me, and talked with me for hours, and we'd barely just met...now that was heaven. [Hail] Ralphie
Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

rivka, may I call you rivka? rivka, anyone who's been here longer than me, and who everyone's all like "We love rivka!" gets to be an oldbie.

Wait hold on...I need my old logon for this.

MaureenJanay
Member # 2935

- posted      Profile for MaureenJanay   Email MaureenJanay         Edit/Delete Post 
Now what was I saying?

Nevermind, newbie.

As an afterthought: Where did that cool Erik guy go when I was gone? And when did that chick with a similar name come back?

[ January 29, 2004, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: MaureenJanay ]

Posts: 264 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[ROFL]
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Its just easier with one SN.

Unless you're messin' with people. [No No]

[ January 29, 2004, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: eslaine ]

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

In that case, Erika, you must use multiple SNs all the time. [Big Grin]
TimeTim
Member # 2768

- posted      Profile for TimeTim   Email TimeTim         Edit/Delete Post 
Your smilie looks like a monk.

Just thought I'd bring this to your attention...

Posts: 218 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I think I mentioned the most embarrasing one I ever had right?

I invited this guy friend of mine to go ocean kayaking with me. I worked with him and hadn't known him that long but my brothers weren't available and I needed a burly guy to help paddle, plus he was cute.

So he comes over, we get everything packed up and the kayak loaded on top of the roof. Get to the designated beach, unload everything and get ready to head out.

I forgot the paddles!

Fortunately my parents only lived 7 miles away from the beach. I left the poor guy standing there looking after the equipment while I drove back and got them.

The even worse thing was that my friends, who didn't know him, guessed exactly what I had done on the first try, without any more information than that I had gone kayaking and managed an AJ debacle while doing so.

AJ

JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
One time, I locked the keys in the car, and my toddler was also locked in the car in the carseat.
Which toddler was this? *looks suspicious*

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.