FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Forum Gearing Up For Valentine's Day?

Author Topic: The Forum Gearing Up For Valentine's Day?
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
I just find the mix of some of the threads that are or have been active in the past week or so sort of worth mentionening, especially as we are almost to Valentine's Day a.k.a. Singles Awareness Day a.k.a. Febuary 14th.

Love at first sight - Landmark 2000

"I don't want sunbursts or marble halls..." (A call to all jatraqueras) (and along with the last two threads it seems this on fits in somewhere: They need to make a movie based on... )

LoTR Dating Manual

Internet Dating

The Matchmaker Is In

Hatrack Lonely Hearts Club

Planned Parenthood, Schools, and Statutory Rape

More Abstinence versus Safe Sex

"...pre-marital abstinence is the behavior of responsible adults. . . "

Educate Zotto! about life, the universe, and everything...please?

My world is crashing down on me.

lesson learned

Admittedly the connection or connections between these threads may be pretty thin, and maybe I just see love and or broken hearts everywhere right now, but still there is a definite romance, love, sex, heart break, experiance, loneliness theme running through here lately.

So is it just me, or is something up with the forum lately?

Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
You left off Jenny Gardener's love letter.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
Oops, [Blushing] really I had thought that one wasn't so much about love, dateing, relationships, sex, etc. So I left it out, but hey, I'm happy to take requeasts: A love letter to Jenny Gardener
Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, nothing says "I love you" better than a thread about statutory rape.

[Wink]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, duh [Wink]
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe the mods can change the colors to pink and red for the day? [Razz]

Actually, instead of that being a joke, maybe it could be done...

Red, white, and blue for the 4th of July, Green and Red for Christmas (same color tradition for both secular and Christians). ect ect.

If a mod is seeing this, could that be done?

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Nick, it COULD be done. But it is most likely more work than it is worth to our two wonderful mods Kristine and Kathryn.
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
I have no doubt that it could be done, but I was asking it could be realistically done. Since I only know a little about web stuff like HTML, a little Javascript, I can't really know how much work it is to do it.

What is the suffix .cgi for? I'm curios.

[ February 02, 2004, 01:30 AM: Message edited by: Nick ]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Even if it could realistically be done . . . ew.

We don't need color changes. Let's leave Hatrack as easy on the eyes as possible.

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
With people like you posting, Ophelia, Hatrack will always be easy on the eyes.

Awww, ain't I sweet? [Razz]

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
As a single Person, I don't celebrate Valentine's day, I celebrate Arizona Statehood Day. Yes, Arizona became a state on February 14th. It was the year the Titanic sank.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
[Kiss]
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad I don't date younger men, Derrell.
[Wink]

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

Farmgirl, I'm 37. Born in 1966, on June 25th to be exact. Of course, I don't act my age. [Wink]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Derrell

I'm older than you

::hums "In the Mood", which is probably only known by people my age::

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

Farmgirl, judging solely by the picture of you in the Hatrack photo album, I would have guessed you were 21.
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

[Kiss] Derrell! Such a sweetie!

born March 25, 1961

but, alas, I have this "thing" for Bob_S instead....
[Big Grin]

Farmgirl

EDIT: unless, of course, you are a Yanni fan....

[ February 02, 2004, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Derrell
Member # 6062

Well good luck with Bob. [Smile] You're not that much older than I am. By the way, that's a cool dog in the other picture. Does it eat like a horse?
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
*hums In the Mood*

*is only 19*

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
If you haven't heard Ray Stevens brawking like a chicken to the tune of In The Mood you don't know the song as well as you think you do.

Edit: Wrong tune. Like, toon/tune. Not the wrong song. He hasn't done chicken versions of any other songs that I know of... I'll stop now.

[ February 03, 2004, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: Bob the Lawyer ]

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

No, actually, I think you're right BTL.

I remember that chicken song, and I think it was set to the tune of In the Mood...

Farmgirl

Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm celebrating my 25th year of being single on Valentine's Day. Saves me a lot of stress and money. [Smile]
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Hmmm.. I think CT better be gearing up on her Matchmaker efforts, or most of us are going to remain Valentine-less in a week. (of course, I guess she didn't say anything in her post about guaranteed results...)

<I still think there is enough guys on the list for each of us girls to have two>

[Wink] Farmgirl

Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
But are there two each of you would want? [Razz]
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

Still More Valentine's Day like threads:

Valentine's Day Romance

I never knew people could have Valentine's day this much...

Gentle Critique of Valentine haikus...

Well, that's one way to get a Valentine card (This thread kind of disapointed me, I was hopeing to find out how to get a Valentine's Day Card)

Who Will Be My Valentine?

@)------Happy vday------(@

Somebody shoot me. Shoot me now.

Guys can be so confusing...

Love Music

Now if I missed a good Valentine's Day related thread, than by all means feel free to post it in here, and if any of these are, in your opinion, completely unrelated to Valentine's day, um oops, my bad.

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

http://www2.b3ta.com/i-love-you/iloveyou.swf

Happy Valentine's day to those of you are happy it is Valentine's day. [Hat]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.