FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I love Dub (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I love Dub
Snuffles
Member # 4332

- posted      Profile for Snuffles   Email Snuffles         Edit/Delete Post 
::snaps at thread::

grrrr!

Posts: 72 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
C'mere, you :hugs snuffles:
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
Why I love the Man. First and foremost, because he is NOT LIBERAL and not even close.

He is religious. Not simply proclomation religious, but really religious. Of course, it helps that I lean toward his religious views. So far he has taken stands on those views I agree with. There are other views I wish he would be more stringent with, but understand the prudence of not going after them just yet.

He is NOT wishy-washy. He tells it like he sees it regardless of what others think of him; and he hires people who have the same attitude. It isn't the "I feel your pain" Clintonianism. Rather, it is "This is what I feel should be done and I am not going to pander to anyone to make it look otherwise."

He has a wife and children he obviously loves and who obviously loves him. That adds a lot of respectability to him for me, giving me more trust in him as a leader.

He takes action. You may not like the action he takes, but he takes it! It helps tremendously that he takes it on issues I agree with; tax cuts, taking the UN with a grain of salt, going after countries that deserve to be kicked in the butt both verbally and physically, going gung-ho against liberal ideals, supporting big business that I think allow for little businesses to become big, sticking it to the extremist environementalists.

He admits mistakes, even when it costs him politically. Sure, he doesn't call himself evil like his enemys, but at least he investigates those things he feels are problems. Does he do enough? It depends on what you think enough happens to be.

He geniunely seems like a great guy. He is definantly someone I could hang out with and not feel uncomfortable being around.

These are only some of the things I can think of why I love the man.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
So it's a cult of personality thing, like the Kennedys. I can understand that, at least, even if the Bushies can't play football.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
He never seems to listen to criticism... even when it's accurate!
And I really hate those "So Glad I voted for Bush" bumper stickers for some reason.

[ February 04, 2004, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Synesthesia ]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.