FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Urgent Hatrack help needed!

Author Topic: Urgent Hatrack help needed!
Jexxster
Member # 5293

- posted      Profile for Jexxster   Email Jexxster         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay gang, I know I am not one of the real regulars here, but I have been around here enough to know what a great bunch of folks post here (yes, I am buttering you up-but at least I am honest about it).

At the end of the month I am supposed to be singing a number or two at a sort of musical/variety type show that my wife is in charge of. Last year I was the bass in the quartet in a local production of "The Music Man", and she asked us to reprise our roles and sing a song or two. But we would really like to sing something different, something perhaps less "barber shoppy". We were thinking of something acappella, something cool. But we are also quite busy, so it can't be too complicated. I think about a month should be all right for us to bust out a good piece or two though.

So the favor-question is this. Do any of you have good suggestions for cool pieces for a male quartet (TTBB)? If you have any ideas I would be very grateful (and if you have titles and composer/arranger that would make finding the music much easier!). Thanks all!

Posts: 240 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
There's a local group here in Oly, WA called the Raging Grannies - you might check them out and see if they'd share. They're awesome! With a great political message to boot!
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
If cheeriness isn't too important to you, there's always Prayer of the Children. It's one of my favorite pieces for male voices. *shivers*
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
"For the Longest Time" by Billy Joel. Great song.
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
We have a great barbershop group at our church. However, they write most of their own music, and most of it is inside jokes and stuff. Sorry. [Dont Know]
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.