FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » *cackle*

Author Topic: *cackle*
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been looking for these for a long time. I finally found them without the mudflap.

What does AJ want with these you might ask? Well it came about as a bet with Steve a long time ago. He claimed that all patchwork quilts are fru-fru and that I couldn't make him a quilt he would like. I bet him that I could, though there really wasn't a wager placed. So the challenge has been in the back of my mind for quite a while. In the meantime, I made a quilt of Harry Potter fabrics that he mostly liked but I gave it away.

So, this quilt is going to be patchwork with alternating mudflap girl and playboy bunny blocks. I was thinking of doing it in black and white only, but it might be more subtle if I wait til we get the master bedroom painted and do it in only slightly contrasting colors that blend with the bedroom since we've already agreed on the color in there. Then I can let it sneak up on people when they walk in the room rather than have it hit them in the face.

[Evil]

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I am very, very disturbed by the URL of that Web site.

[ February 06, 2004, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

[ROFL] I didn't even think of that!

http://www.go-kat-go.com/info.html
quote:
Welcome to Go-Kat-Go! -Where you can get greasy 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!

[Evil]

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Oh my hannah! *hides*

This is not good. Patrick already dissaproves of me as it is...

[ February 06, 2004, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
That quote is the best ever. [Evil Laugh]

Also, Banna, your man is very lucky to have you.

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Oh, yeah, the 'krazy kat' logo is beyond cool, as well.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I've been wondering what would happen if I actually take the time to hand quilt this and make it a masterpiece, and then enter it in the county fair. I'm probably not a good enough quilter to actually win anything though it would be fun to see it on display. I'm also in Chicago so it probably wouldn't cause too big of a stir, in fact here it might be more likely to be put on display than in a more conservative area.

Or is there a county fair here?

AJ

BannaOj
Member # 3206

krazy kat? Which logo is that? Do you have a link? If it is cool enough I could work it into the design I'm sure.

AJ

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This is not good. Patrick already dissaproves of me as it is...
How could anyone disapprove of naked lady mudflap ornaments?
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Watch it, honey. Don't disrespect your sister.

[ February 06, 2004, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Banna,

http://store5.yimg.com/I/go-kat-go_1777_782117

The one at the top of the page with the krazy kat jetting away with his tongue hanging out. If you could quilt that, along with the avatar of cool, the dude in the hotrod with the bulging eyeballs and flames coming out of the mufflers, *I* might buy the quit from you. Jebus. The cool rays coming off of that quilt would be deadly at fifty feet. [Smile]

[ February 06, 2004, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: Storm Saxon ]

sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
AJ,

I did a few quick searches with google and found references to the Cook County fair in Illinois, but no specific links or sites. It looks like it happens sometime in August.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

LOL, I could do it, but it would be way too much work. The way you would do something like that is do a single solid dark piece of fabric and then use a light colored thread for stiching. The Amish do it all the time with geometric designs to show off their tiny stitches.

Now if you have any other ideas that might work with the girl and the rabbit that make mostly solid sillouettes let me know.

AJ

BannaOj
Member # 3206

btw this project isn't going to be finished anytime soon. I have to have a place to work first which I don't until we get the rest of the bedrooms painted anyway. So probably will be late in the year if not next year before I can start on it.

Maybe if I put this on the wall in the mean time it will inspire Steve to get off his rear and start working on the rooms.

AJ

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Sorry, Katie. That was supposed to be sarcasm. It didn't seem to work so well. . . .
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

sndrake, I googled it too. It isn't a very big deal apparently, compared to most things in Chicago.

Well we will see, I haven't got anything more than the idea at the moment, even if I did just order the girl. I figure I'll scale the rabbit to work with the size of the girl once I see it.

AJ

katharina
Member # 827

Jon Boy: *sigh* I'm sorry. I think I'm sensitive about it, mostly because my comment was only a teensy bit funny and mostly serious, and it looked like it was getting confirmed. Definitely sensitive today, for some reason. [Frown] *offers sisterly I'm sorry pat on shoulder*

[ February 06, 2004, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Don't sweat it. I've been grouchy and touchy lately, too. I blame winter in general.
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone who road trips with me knows her by the name of "The Peterbilt Maiden".
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

You're saying I was grouchy??

---

just kidding. [Razz] Thanks. I know I was. I edited (gentled) the post about five times before my concience let me leave it. I wish I was able to that in real life sometimes.

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Actually, no, you didn't strike me as grouchy. But I've certainly been grouchy lately.
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
would you two stop apologizing to each other?!? [Razz] [Wink] [Big Grin] [Razz]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Sorry, sarcasticmuppet.

((((muppet))))

((((Katie))))

((((everyone))))

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

((((Jon Boy))))
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

(((Stormy)))
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't approve of Katie either.

Though, mostly, I only like people that I disapprove of.

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

[Grumble]
Banna_Oj
Member # 6207

- posted      Profile for Banna_Oj   Email Banna_Oj         Edit/Delete Post 
btw, she arrived, in all her glory.

Along with my trucker girl, came a small 3" decal with the "Go-Kat-Go" logo on it.

Now I'm debating. Who should I send it to?

Storm Saxon or Kat?

AJ

Posts: 79 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Banna, I will give you anything you ask to keep that out of Stormy's hands.

Plus, I think I need that for my car.

Banna_Oj
Member # 6207

Well it should fit in a standard size envelope. So, e-mail me with your address, kat, and it is yours.

It doesn't actually have the website address or anything on the logo, just the little cat in the car and the words "go kat go" exactly like Stormy's link above

AJ

Posts: 79 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banna_Oj
Member # 6207

I was wrong, it does have the www. com part
but you can easily cut it out without damaging the rest.

AJ

katharina
Member # 827

Score!

That sticker, plus my "Battle School" or "Starfleet Academy" alumni sticker across the back, and the geekification of my car will be complete.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Pfft. A true geek would not have some "Starfleet Academy" sticker!

A genuine geek sports a "Vulcan Academy of Sciences" sticker.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Der uber geek has founded a local sohk-pak.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*snorts*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sachiko
Member # 6139

- posted      Profile for Sachiko   Email Sachiko         Edit/Delete Post 
BannaOj, do you applique? You could fuse those shapes and sew 'em on
Posts: 575 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Which shapes, the girl or the krazy kat thing?

With the girl and the Playboy Rabbit, I've actually been debating between applique and simply doing a square of material and quilting the outline in the square. Even though I know I could machine applique I don't know which will be more work, machine or hand appliquing, because she is going to be a difficult shape to work with.

I'm going to have to find that rabbit in enough detail that I can scale him up in proportion to her. It shouldn't be too hard though considering they paint him on the side of fighters.

I think I'm going to make him as tall as she is long once again to fit in a square block.

AJ

BannaOj
Member # 3206

Oh yes Kat, I didn't bring the decal to work today, but the mail doesn't go out today anyway. So, e-mail me your addy and I'll put it in the mail tomorrow.

AJ

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

quote:

That sticker, plus my "Battle School" or "Starfleet Academy" alumni sticker across the back, and the geekification of my car will be complete.

Want to get greasy, Kat?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.