FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Guilford County

Author Topic: Guilford County
jack
Member # 2083

- posted      Profile for jack           Edit/Delete Post 
After reading The RhinoTimes (www.RhinoTimes.com) for so long, I couldn't help but notice this while looking through the government auction site.

Anyone looking for a rental property in High point? Only 20 miles from Greensboro.

http://www.treas.gov/auctions/customs/highpoint.html

Maybe you'd be interested in a quadraplex?

http://www.treas.gov/auctions/customs/highpoint02.html

Feel you need to take your stalking to a whole new level, you could move all the way to Greensboro, itself.

http://www.treas.gov/auctions/customs/greensboro.html

Maybe OSC should buy these and then he could rent them out to lunatic fans. Make money and know where the crazies are at the same time.

Posts: 171 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Please, if you are wanting to learn about Greensboro, NC... the last thing to read would be the Rhino Times. Beloved by many, most folks around here realize that it's a curmudgeon paper, meaning it makes its money by continually grousing and complaining about perceived inequities in local government and generally making mountains out of molehills.

What most folks pick it up for are the News of the Weird syndicated feature, the outrageous unedited call in comments they run and of course, the work done by our esteemed host.

The rest of the paper, well, it is so openly and glaringly biased that it's kind of campy. I'm not really sure that's not the intended feel of it too, that it's a bit of an inside joke. Even down to its very offices, which from the entryway on in, look like the lobby of a roach-haven hotel that the Blues Brothers may have stayed in during their really, really poor days. (One or two working lightbulbs, an abandoned pool table covered with empty cigarette packs and discarded competitor papers, parts of folks lunch, and overflowing ash trays everywhere.)

Try the Greensboro News and Record, or the Carolina Peacemaker instead (not very familiar with the Peacemaker, though).

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack
Member # 2083

- posted      Profile for jack           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry. I check it out on Mondays to read Cards two columns. I can't help but read some of the other stories occasionally when the headline catches my eye. I have been amused by some of the stories. I know they are biased. That is pretty obvious. However, the Beeps are occasionally hysterical. Real people can be real stupid.
Posts: 171 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.