FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Taalcon, what did you do?!

Author Topic: Taalcon, what did you do?!
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.philoticweb.net

Or was it Zevlags fault that pweb is broken?

Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't do it. I swear. But I AM getting all the complaints [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

So... Josh's fault? Or can I just randomly pick one of you guys to blame?

::grabs a pair of dice::

Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

I haven't talked to anyone, so I ain't blamin' no one yet.

...although I only know of three people who access the coding structure of the site, one of which hasn't touched it in a long while.

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

Good enough for me...

::rolls dice::

::reads manuel::

Hmmm.. interesting.

::rolls again::

::rolls again::

It keeps coming up as an act of God.

Taalcon
Member # 839

Probably as a sign that your Bad Poetry thread needed to be stopped.
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

Ha, no silly system crash can stop bad poetry!

::goes off to find a new forum::

naledge
Member # 392

- posted      Profile for naledge   Email naledge         Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering what was going on over there... I thought it was because you guys were updating information like this.

From Cinescape.com

Movie News:

X2 scribes prepare to adapt ENDER`S GAME

-nal

[ February 10, 2004, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: naledge ]

Posts: 155 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

Double http's
naledge
Member # 392

- posted      Profile for naledge   Email naledge         Edit/Delete Post 
got it.
thanks.

-nal

Posts: 155 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn;t look like a problem on our end, but one on the server end -- the MySQL server is down.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

The full article from Variety is more interesting. We'll definitely be posting this info as soon as the site's back up and running. **loves his subscription to Variety**
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The project is one close to the heart of one of the writers. "My parents gave me the book when I was a kid, and it is the reason I fell in love with science fiction and is somewhat responsible for what I am doing for a career," said Dan Harris to Variety.
Yay! Please oh please let the people making this movie love it as much as PJ loved LOTR.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

The rest of that quote, from the original Variety article:

quote:
"It taught me how to create great characters within an outer space world. There are real wars and battles here, so it's not a kid movie, but what makes the story beautiful is that this adult world is seen through a kid's eyes. I'd always wondered why it had never been made into a movie."

Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
HFS

Now I really have to get to work!

--Steve

Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

Anyway, I'm going to take a nap.

Hopefully the site'll be fixed when I wake up.

Huzzah for naps!

Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
It probably won't be fixed, unless someone gets a hold of me. I know what is wrong and I am fairly pissed, but I don't know who did it. It is not a programming glitch, and I am powerless to do anything about it right now. But when it does come under my control, it will be a lot of work to fix.

[Mad]

[Wall Bash]

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

[Frown]

Do we need to sic Slash on somebody?

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Did someone do something deliberate? I will be pissed too. They will be on permanent cookie-ban, which is as much as I can do. [Frown]

On the up side, great news about the movie!

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

Okay, maybe it was something different. Whipes head in relief.
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

It looked like the database password had been changed, since it was rejecting my password when I tried to manually get into the database. If that had been true, I would have had to fix the entire site to reflect that change.

I guess what happened is that someone at our host company accidently changed the configuration setting. They've fixed it.

Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
It's back! Yay!

[Party]

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Amka -- or the much easier fix, get someone at the hosting company to change the password back [Smile]

However, it was almost certainly rejecting your password because the server itself was down: the error that was being returned wasn't that the u/p was incorrect, but that it couldn't establish the connection that was needed to check the u/p.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

quote:
Hopefully the site'll be fixed when I wake up.
See, now this worked.

*takes nap, hoping homework will be done by the time she wakes up*

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*puts kat's homework in a roasting pan, places in oven*

Think 350 degrees will do it? Nah, better make it 375. We're aiming for well-done.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
No way!
*cranks it up to 450* [Wink]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

It's dead again. [Frown]
Taalcon
Member # 839

frequin' crap.

*alerts people who actually know how to solve these kinds of problems*

[ February 13, 2004, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: Taalcon ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.