FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I finally bought a GB advanced SP, now what?

Author Topic: I finally bought a GB advanced SP, now what?
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, I've wanted one of these since they came out. I'm a video game nut. I have all three of the big systems and a GB color. But the cool GB advanced SP was calling to me. I bought Zelda and Sim City for my new game boy but since I've never had the advanced I'm not sure which games are good for it. Any suggestions, and did I waste my money?
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
No, you didn't waste your money. Now go buy FFTactics Advance and be happy.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

- posted      Profile for Liquor and Fireworks   Email Liquor and Fireworks         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never actually used one, but I have wanted a Game Boy Advance for awhile now. I'm not sure which games you should get, but hopefully, this link will help:
Game Boy Advance: The Best Titles for the Ideal Game Console

Posts: 331 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
You can get Mario 2 and 3(same as the original nes versions, with far better graphics).

The castlevania games are excellent.

My personal favorite gameboy advance games are F-Zero:Maximum Velocity, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Zelda: A Link to the Past, both Golden Sun rpgs, and Mario 3.

[ February 11, 2004, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: Fitz ]

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Audeo
Member # 5130

- posted      Profile for Audeo   Email Audeo         Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty much they took all of the best games from the super nintendo and original nintendo and made them into games for the advanced. There are a few new games that they have for it, but you can't go wrong with the old classics. I got Harvest Moon for mine for Christmas. If you don't know or never played many of the older nintendo games, there are a wide variety, so give us some hints as to what your favorite type of games are and maybe we can direct you in the right direction.
Posts: 349 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Homestawwunnew
Member # 6201

- posted      Profile for Homestawwunnew   Email Homestawwunnew         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you did good with Zelda. I suggest that you get a GBA-GCN link. This can be TONS of fun with certain games.(Zelda: WW, Splinter Cell, FF CC...)
Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

The Zelda WW link was part of my decision to buy the GB. I've beaten the game but it drives me nuts that there is an aspect unexplored due to my lack of the GB. Come to think of it, Zelda has been my reason for all my Nintendo purchases. I bought the 64 because of Ocarina of Time, I bought the Game Cube because of Wind Waker, I even bought my Gameboy Color because of Links Awakening.

As far as my interests, the are varied. I love the classic games of nintendo. I also enjoy a good RPG or adventure game. I usually lean toward one player games as I don't have a lot of friends in this area that share my gaming interests. Also I like a good sports game but they get boring afer a while playing the computer all the time.

(Edit: added content)

[ February 11, 2004, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: beatnix19 ]

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't remember. Did that Super Mario RPG game ever come out, and was it any good? Or did they just cancel it altogethor?
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

I remeber hearing something about that game but I don't know what ever came of it. If anyone knows there are now two people who would be interested. [Smile]
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I hear good things about Metroid Fusion, and even more so about Metroid: Zero Mission (a remake of the original Metroid for the GBA that has been heavily updated, especially graphically).
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
Metroid Fusion was frustrating for me because I was looking for some classic gameplay. There is some of that, but Fusion is a lot more linear than any of the other games, and straight-up tells you where you need to go next, and then makes sure that you go there and do that before anything else.

Metroid Zero Mission is far and away a better game. I like the artwork much more than Fusion, and the gameplay is definitely of a more classic nature, though the Chozo status tell you where you go next (I just don't look at the screen - I'd rather figure it out on my own).

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow is quite good (especially if you liked Syphony of the Night for the PSOne), and I get a big kick out of playing SMB 3 and Super Mario World on the go.

I think purchasing Final Fantasy Tactics: Advance should be mandatory. It's a great game.

What I'm really itching to see is Square-Enix (pronounced "Squeenix") to get off its butt and remake its best SNES games for the GBA. Imagine being able to toss in FF3 or Chrono Trigger while on the go. I'll do myself one better: Chrono Break should be for the GBA, with a direct port of Chrono Trigger unlockable after you beat Break.

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.