FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A Farewell to a Great Woman

Author Topic: A Farewell to a Great Woman
Gottmorder
Member # 5039

- posted      Profile for Gottmorder   Email Gottmorder         Edit/Delete Post 
I doubt very many knew Rosmarie Angel Gammache, but those who did all agreed on one thing: That she was the most giving and unselfish person that they knew. Even after a brief period of Alcoholism, she was always supportive of other, and it was not uncommon to find her door unlocked and to be able to come in and talk.

As a mother, grandmother, and great grandmother, she still maintained those values. Even when she was in a wheelchair, any visitors to her house would be bombarded with questions of 'Have you eaten?' 'are you comfortable?' 'Are you sure you're alright?'. Even we visited her in Mexico last spring, she insisted on being a tourguide(even though my dad and myself had been there before).

Througout her life, Rosemarie was stricken with several ailnesses. She beat cancer, beared a dehabilitating arthritis, and a staph infection in her foot. Even so, she still made sure everyone was well fed and taken care of. Even in her last years, she would always make sure to ask her guests how they were before she would talk about herself. Even on her last day of life, she made sure to have my uncle and grandfather offer some of her soup to the lady across the hall who was having trouble eating solid foods.

However, time finally took her. On Febuary 10th, 2004, she died at the age of 76. She was buried at St. Mary's Catholic cemetary on Febuary 16th.

There is a feeling of sadness that I was unable to see her before she died. The last time I had seen my grandmother was on Christmas day. But I do not have any doubts that she is in heaven. She was a loving, charitable, and faithful woman, and I have no doubt in my mind that she has earned eternal salvation.

Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so very sorry. I have known the pain of losing grandparents I was very close with, and it is a difficult thing to handle.

She sounds like someone I would have liked to have known. I think you've been blessed by having her in your life.

*hugs*

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
A beautiful post for a beautiful soul.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.