FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » one of THOSE days

Author Topic: one of THOSE days
Banna_Oj
Member # 6207

- posted      Profile for Banna_Oj   Email Banna_Oj         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm having a day when I can't do anything right. I played scrabble til just before midnight at which time I was supposed to go to bed. Well I had insomina and lay awake in bed until at least 2:30 am. For a grand total of 4 hours sleep. (Maybe I should have gone and played more scrabble) So I'm sleep deprived before I get to work.

Then, my experiement that was supposed to be running overnight stopped pumping nitrogen at some point due to my not setting the valves correctly even though I triple checked it before I left last night.

Now I just cracked a bowl and pestle by sticking them in an oven that was too hot, even though the temperature gauge was reading low. I checked with my supervisor before I put them in the oven too to see what he thought and he said go for it. The oven had been turned off for a while to cool and I thought the thermostat was reading accordingly. Turns out the thermostat on the oven only reads correctly when the oven is ON.

today sucks and I'm trying very hard to be professional and not cuss a blue streak but it is becoming increasingly diffuclt

AJ

Posts: 79 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
That sucks. (((((AJ)))))

But the day can only get better, right?

Right?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Eek, sorry! ((Banna)) Good luck making things go better.

If it's any consolation, my week has been like that too.

And my dad's coming.

Tomorrow.

From Peru.

Yikes!

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banna_Oj
Member # 6207

well it has gotten worse twice.

AJ

Posts: 79 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I know how this goes... people are going to bust my non-existent balls today
i just know it...

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
AJ, it's something about today. I'm in the middle of lab right now. I've already managed to burn myself on the styrofoam cutter demonstrating it to some students and that's the less stupid thing!

I've been leaving for school while it's still dark and thismorning I was getting ready in the dark because Bill was still sleeping. Have you noticed how similar our glasses are?

I picked mine up from off of my sink and took off into the darkness of the morning wondering what I'd done to the nose peice because they were sitting funny. In the early morning light, I walked across campus wondering what I could have gotten on them to make them so blurry. When I got into my lab, I whipped out some lens paper and started cleaning them. Huh, they're not the right color. Huh, they're not the right shape. Crap, they aren't *my* glasses at all!

Then I got to hang out for an hour because I didn't want to drive back during the rush. Wow did I notice on the drive back. How could I possibly have gotten all the way to campus without noticing?

I'm supposed to mix some new medium today, but I may put it off until tomorrow.

[ February 19, 2004, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: celia60 ]

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
((AJ))

Didn't you ALREADY have one day like this earlier this week?

How is the sore finger?

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... I haven't actually stepped foot in the lab today, but you guys aren't making me want to.
Maybe I'll just analyze yesterday's data again. And again. And again and again and again.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banna_Oj
Member # 6207

That day was tiring but productive. Today I'm already tired and productivity levels are around absolute zero.

AJ

Banna_Oj
Member # 6207

I just ate, so my disposition has improved somewhat.

AJ

celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
eating....hmmmm....my lab's just let out. maybe i should do that before i go back to work.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
today sucks and I'm trying very hard to be professional and not cuss a blue streak but it is becoming increasingly diffuclt
Sometimes you just have to let 'er rip, professionalism be damned.

You can go to a private room to do it, though...

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm having a great day. In fact, I'm having a fabulous week. Celia says it's the vodka.

Is this a bad time to mention it? *runs away*

---

((((Banna))))

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banna_Oj
Member # 6207

I did nearly remove the head of our local "borrower" who knows I have a stash of Coca-Cola Classic and asked me for a third can. Normally I'm in a good mood. He did a double take when I told him NO. I told him at the rate I was going I was going to need ALL my Coke stash for ME today.

I really am too nice to him and should tell him no more often.

AJ

[ February 19, 2004, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Banna_Oj ]

Banna_Oj
Member # 6207

Brandy when I get home is looking better and better. What about it Celia, up for some drunken Hatrack Chat tonight?

AJ

zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I did nearly remove the head of our local "borrower" who knows I have a stash of coke
You really should capitalize "Coke".

I'm just happy that I'm far enough up the totem that I can order people around and make them go do lab stuff for me.

Why are you people griping anyway? Don't you have work to do?

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banna_Oj
Member # 6207

I'm AFRAID to do any work considering how all the "work" I have attempted today has gotten screwed up.

AJ

Banna_Oj
Member # 6207

Yup it can get worse. My supervisor watched in horror as the sample I was carrying slipped out of my hands, did a loop the loop and scattered all over the floor.

On the upside, we have decided to nix the mortar and pestle and crush the sample with a hammer between two sheets of paper. Banging the sh*t out of it to crack it into tiny pieces has been somewhat satisfying.

AJ

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Look on the bright side. Hatrack hasn't crashed today.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
Not YET!

Aj, I'm having that kind of week.
Or it feels like it, nothing's gone really wrong, I just feel liek it has.

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
Dan, said it!

*runs away to start hacking Hatrack*

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
Dang it, I don't really have any 'hacking' skills at all.

My day has been filled with dubbing some fifty tapes that were dropped off yesterday. Very boring and tedious. But hey, at least I know how to shoot a howitzer and how to distinguish between a Mirage 2000 and a KFIR.

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banna_Oj
Member # 6207

*hugs kwsni*

I hear you. Today has just been the worst so far, the rest of the week has been difficult too. Steve and I ate out last night because we were both too zonked to think of anything to cook. I think it was the first actual conversation we'd had since Sunday. We've just both been running so many different directions.

AJ

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.