FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » But it’s so *short*! ::wail::

Author Topic: But it’s so *short*! ::wail::
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my hair cut this afternoon. It was time, it had been almost two years, and the split ends were creeping up to become split middles. It looks much healthier and fuller now, but she had to take off over a foot in length. [Frown] [Cry]
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, do we get before/after pics?
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
That reminded me of Anne Shirley getting all her hair cut off after she died it green. I don't know why...did you ever read that book?
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frameshifter
Member # 2967

- posted      Profile for Frameshifter           Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't anyone ever tell you size doesn't matter?
Posts: 87 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Just look at the bright side of things: your hair is much healthier now, it will be faster to clean and dry, and it looks better. [Smile]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
What's left of it, anyway. [Evil]
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((dkw))))) I empathize. I used to have long hair -- not as long as yours, I think, but close. It also had split ends, and a friend who was talented at hair cutting agreed to remedy the situation. I told her TWO INCHES. She said, "Ok, sure."

While cutting, she asked if four inches would be ok. I reluctantly agreed. She took off at least EIGHT! I wanted to kill her.

I kept getting compliments all week -- because the new style she had talked me into for the front really did suit my face much better.

The typical conversation I had that week: "Wow, you got your hair cut! It looks great!"

"Thanks. [Smile] But it's so SHORT!"

*blink* "But it looks great! Don't you like it?"

So I will NOT tell you what most people then told me. [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Dana! You cut your hair? After we left? Darn! I love seeing new haircuts!

I'm sure it looks just lovely. And don't worry - if you decide you don't like it that short (though I imagine it's still quite long, even with 12 inches gone), it will grow back! And if you trim it more often, you won't have to "trim" 12 inches ever again. [Wink]

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
My hair's longer than your hair!
My hair's longer than your hair!

Nya nya nyanya nya.

Can't wait to see it!!!

I can't believe you didn't wait until Winter was over though. Isn't your head cold?

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
dkw!! How could you cut those long beautiful locks and braids! [Cry]

I hope it grows back out soon. Nothing is better than long, long hair. I regret the last time I had mine trimmed as well..

But I'm sure you look just a beautiful either way.

((dkw))

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Abby wants piccies!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

'tis not exactly a new hairstyle. It's still long and straight. It's just that it now ends about eight inches below my shoulders, rather than a few inches past my waist.

I guess I had enough to spare. [Wink]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you get to donate it to locks of love, or was it too damaged?
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Too damaged. I could have donated if I'd let her take another 12-18 inches, but I just couldn't make myself do it.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I was wrong. Your's is still longer than mine by a good several inches. Mine's at shoulder length now.

I knew you had long hair, but I hadn't guessed it was past your waist. Wow!

I think it's true that it'll be healthier now as it grows in longer again.

Hmm...

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
YIPES!!! I'd never allow my hair to be cut that short.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sugar+Spice
Member # 5874

- posted      Profile for Sugar+Spice   Email Sugar+Spice         Edit/Delete Post 
I've always had very long hair. Last month I had about a foot and a half cut off it.

No-one noticed. Not my friends, not my dad, no-one. When I pointed it out, I got blank stares and 'I thought it was always like that?'. The only person who did notice was a boy I had only met once before who was really shocked.

It's weird how, when you know someone well and see them everyday, you stop really looking at them and just assume that nothing's new.
I think I could conceivable paint myself green and run around naked without them noticing.

Actually, I might try that...

Posts: 119 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
I just chopped off all mine. It was about shoulder length, and now it's about three inches long.

I LOVE it.

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I might grow my hair out. I can't decide. o_O
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
kwsni, I had waist length hair when I met my now-husband, but got absolutely *sick* of it by the time we got close to the wedding. So six months before the wedding, I cut it all off. All of it. Down to about an inch long. It was very cute, and I absolutely loved it. [Smile]
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool! Do I now have the longest hair on Hatrack???

*waits for challengers*

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
The more important question is, who has the wildest color? [Big Grin] I just redyed mine blue again. The kids love it.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
If you can sit on your hair, Annie, we might have a contest.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
mack,
do not grow your hair out.
that is all.

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
I echo Jexx's statement.
Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Mack, ignore the Jexx behind the curtain...
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

And the giant floating Anti-Chris head...
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Ok, I lose. Mine's only waist-length.

And Mack, you should totally grow your hair out. Long hair is cooool.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Actually, long hair is hot.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
But mack looks so CUTE with short hair! [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

::respect for Annie and Bob's opinion grows::
Annie
Member # 295

92.3% of the boys I've ever surveyed say long hair is way more attractive than short hair.
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I always was the odd one.
Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.